User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2002 7:18:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 7:23:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 4:06:35 AM EDT
[#2]
How did the fort/camp fare?

I hope some of the huts blew down.  Maybe they will be replaced with something other than an old dog house.
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 4:07:38 AM EDT
[#3]
...also, this might get more action over on the Competition forum.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 6:18:33 AM EDT
[#4]
GB I know you mean well, but this is how I feel on this subject, Port Clinton is a "rich" community, I would wager all have insurance to cover any loss, think about it, it is on the Lake and property values are sky high, hence if your there, you got the green. Camp Perry makes enough money and doesn't need any "contributions" although I am sure they would not refuse them, if it makes a person feel good, give, but I think they need it not.I think this is getting the attention it deserves, little to none.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 9:46:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Port Clinton is a "rich" community?  Ottawa county is one of the poorest in the state.  Their ONLY saving grace is the summer fishing tourism dollars from the lake (and Oak Harbor's property tax dollars from the close to meltdown Davis-Bessie Nuclear plant).  The "rich" areas of Port Clinton are mostly summer homes, of people who were not there when the storm hit. And yes I'm sure the "rich"  do have insurance, but the help is for the year-round true residents, some of which were hit hard.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top