Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2013 2:22:02 PM EDT
Got rid of the 100gal tank outside and went to 2 x 100lb tanks.    

They have (apparently) a 'POL' valve (not the newer Overflow protection valve types on the 20lb grill type tanks).

Hooked up fine where the 100gal tank used to be....to the 'pigtail' going to the regulator.

Is there a valve that can hook up to both tanks and the existing regulator (preferably with separate shutoffs so when one tank runs down, I can flip it off and go fill it)?

Quick connect adaptors?

I've seen them for running two 20lb tanks on a grill with the newer style valves...but don't see them for the POL type valves.

(The tanks are outside and run a propane fireplace inside...and I'll probably go through 2 or 3 tankfuls on the 100lb tanks over the winter season).

Thanks!

AFARR
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 2:36:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes there is such a thing we had one on an old camper when I was a kid.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 2:41:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Just a reminder. Do not underestimate the dangers of Propane.  Please have a professional that goes by proper guidelines install your tanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl-JgyQA7u0
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 2:44:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Talk to a place that sells propane equipment. I have 12 pickups on propane and a bulk filling station for our company. They helped answer my safety questions.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 2:56:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

That's the one I saw, but that's the newer "Acme" style hookup.    I could use that if I get adapters for the two tanks, or I'd need the same setup with the "POL" valve types.

(With that setup, I'd have to swap out the regulator...not a big deal, but if there's just a Y adapter or valve, that would work also)...

OH...and if I do anything with the regulator or other valves, I'll get someone to check it out....When I connected to the 100lb tank on it now, I went with soapy water on all the connections to watch for bubbles and checked the smell).

AFARR
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 2:59:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Two of these.  
And one of these.

Should do what you are after.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 3:02:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Two of these.  
And one of these.

View Quote

Thanks....

Easier to do that or go with what pcsutton said above and go with one of these:

on each tank?

Link Posted: 12/18/2013 3:05:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Thanks....

http://www.protanksupply.com/images/productimages/2087.jpg

on each tank?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Two of these.  
And one of these.

Thanks....

http://www.protanksupply.com/images/productimages/2087.jpg

on each tank?

That will work as well, but two connections to loosen each time you change tank. I would try to have as few connections as possible.
Plenty of other regulators on Amazon.
Here's another.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 3:11:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Snip....

That will work as well, but two connections to loosen each time you change tank. I would try to have as few connections as possible.
Plenty of other regulators on Amazon.
Here's another.
View Quote

Good point.    The connectors (not the regulator) you posted...I'd presume the tank end (POL valve end) rotates freely?....it must.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top