Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2002 10:41:05 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 11:32:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Christmas Eve is for Christmas shopping [:D]

I already know what I'm getting everyone, so I just go to each store, and I've got everything done in less than 2-3 hours counting the insane amount of time spent waiting in line.
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 12:09:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I do all my christmas shopping via the internet and UPS/FEDEX/USPS.  No parking problems or putting up with "bitchy soccer moms" for me [:D]

FOTBR
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 12:16:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't shop. The wife does the shoppin' for the kids. As far as I'm concerned, Christmas is for kids. If you're not a kid, ya don't get shit.
The only way you'd catch me shoppin' this time of year, is for food. At 0300.

I hate being around people to begin with. This time of year just makes it worse.
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 12:39:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Christmas shopping sometimes brings out the worst in people. She has seen people lift items from a person's cart when their back was turned, fighting over things, making a mess of the displays, cutting in line, and just general rudeness, and that's not to even mention parking lot madness. "Tis the season," as they say.

View Quote

Some people who frequent this site display the above mentioned behaviours year round.
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 1:47:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 1:47:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Christmas shopping sometimes brings out the worst in people. She has seen people lift items from a person's cart when their back was turned, fighting over things, making a mess of the displays, cutting in line, and just general rudeness, and that's not to even mention parking lot madness. "Tis the season," as they say.

View Quote

Some people who frequent this site display the above mentioned behaviours year round.
View Quote
.....your WAY TO sensitive, my friend, Or at least thats the persona you portray.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 3:37:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Wait a minute....there's more to buy than chia pets and hand clappers?
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 3:53:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Big Bear, get in the Christmas spirit and buy me one of these:

[img]http://circuits.gunsnet.net/images/ar34.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 3:53:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 4:18:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm getting mine a CD player for her car.

Guess I'm whipped.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 5:03:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Holiday shopping around my house is easy.  There is one rule:  You don't buy me anything, I don't buy you anything.  That is how it has been for a few years now, and everyone except my mother and grandma goes along with it.  Works out quite well.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 9:49:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have no idea who you're talking about, Imbro.
View Quote

I didn't mean to imply that it was you who I was talking about. Sorry.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 11:02:14 PM EDT
[#13]
My girlfriends sister called on Thanksgiving to say she was going to go to walmart at 8am the next day to "beat the rush"...  we're still laughing about that.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 11:08:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 11:15:26 PM EDT
[#15]
We do a little of both:  early and last minute shopping.  We have a closet that holds early purchases.  I work best creating a list and not wandering around looking for inspiration.

Going out at the last minute is best for the purpose of being amused.  Some years ago I was highly amused on Christmas eve.

I was leaving the mall shopping lot and the traffic was a cluster, especially at one intersection.

For those from other cities, honking in the San Francisco bay area was mainly reserved for emergencies, the very rude, or the extremely upset.  Some people were honking.  The agitation was infectious.

I was in my car behind white haired lady.  She was waiting her turn to left turn into the traffic lane and exit the mall parking lot.  No one would give her room to merge.  

But then what did we see?  A small gap was forming in front of yet another white haired lady (#2). #1 white haired lady obviously thought she had been given an opening by a kindred spirit and moved forward to merge.  

Oops!  White haired lady (#2) saw the gap and someone crossing over trying to get in.  #2 purposely quickly moved forward as to not let the merging white haired lady #1 get in.  #1 is now blocking the entrance lane.  From cars trying to get in, I hear a little more honking.  

#1 and #2 then did a little game of chicken inch by inch.  #1 lost and was stuck blocking the entrance lane.  #1, clearly out of frustration, briefly honked her horn at the other for not letting her in.

White haired lady #2 didn't give any quarter.  However, she did give the finger!  

#1 reacted by looking like Christmas because her hair was white and her face turned a new shade of Christmas red.  

Shaking with anger, she gave #2 a Christmas eve present of Mr. Bird right back!  I couldn't believe my eyes!  My grandmother would never have done that.  I wish I had a video camera then.  

minor editing to try to improve clarity.
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 4:06:22 AM EDT
[#16]
For all you GUYS that ,like myself, hate Xmas shopping and the lines and crowds, theres one gift to give EVERYONE. Its a denim impregnated paper substance, cut and colored by the gooberment just right for everyone.[;)]
Top Top