Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2013 7:57:13 AM EDT
A representative for the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals penned a letter on behalf of the organization to a bear mauling victim asking her to use the incident to rethink her position on hunting.

The letter, obtained by website We Are Central PA, was authored by Alicia Woempner, special projects division manager at PETA, to Camille Bomboy, 18.

“I am writing on behalf of PETA and our more than 3 million members and supporters, including thousands across Pennsylvania, to send our best wishes for your speedy recovery and ask you to take a few moments to reflect on this incident,” Woempner wrote.

The 18-year-old was mauled by a mother bear Friday morning, reportedly suffering bite injuries and almost losing an ear before her father employed a rifle to scare the animal off.

“This seems to be a good opportunity to put yourself in the place of the individuals you and the rest of your hunting party were trying to kill,” the letter said. “As terrifying as it must have been to be attacked by a bear, please consider the frightening and painful experiences that hunters set out to impose upon animals.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/12/15/peta-writes-letter-to-victim-of-bear-mauling-tells-her-to-reflect-on-the-horror-of-an-attack-before-hunting-again/
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:58:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Fuckers
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:59:31 AM EDT
[#2]
PETA    =     Idiots gone wild.

GD
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:00:36 AM EDT
[#3]
What a C*nt.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:01:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I wish PETA would focus on educating the bears that not all humans intend to do them harm.  Perhaps then we could de-escalate some of the bear-on-human and human-on-bear violence.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:03:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:03:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Fucking animals. She should get a no contact order against those fuckers and sue them for emotional distress.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:07:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fucking animals. She should get a no contact order against those fuckers and sue them for emotional distress.
View Quote

Yes.  Let's clog the courts full of lawsuits against people for acting like douchebags.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:07:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Too bad PETA season won't open for awhile yet.  

Yeah... That was a joke!  

Nonetheless, the stupidity bred by those (ehem) people is astounding. Their DNA is mutated and should be banned!
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:08:07 AM EDT
[#9]
They hate humans more than they love animals.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:09:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yes.  Let's clog the courts full of lawsuits against people for acting like douchebags.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not, they and their ilk pull they same type of shit. Are you familiar with all the litigation the ecotards filed in regards to the wolf?
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:09:38 AM EDT
[#11]
"Dear Peta: thank you for your heartfelt concern. I had forgotten about the emotional distress until your letter reminded me. As a direct result, after I finish healing, I'm going to get a license and tags and kill as many of those bear fuckers as I can. Sincerely, ..."
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:10:21 AM EDT
[#12]
"Dear PETA, I have a score to settle with the local bear population. I'll send pics. Have a nice day."
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:11:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:12:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Why not, they and their ilk pull they same type of shit. Are you familiar with all the litigation the ecotards filed in regards to the wolf?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a different problem with a different solution.

Suggesting a resort to the courts because someone acted like an asshole and upset you is just plain dumb.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:15:12 AM EDT
[#15]
She should write back, and say:  

"Dear PETA...
Thank you for your well wishes in my healing process.  It was, indeed a very scary incident.
In response to being mauled by a bear, I will now devote my life to a policy of killing every single bear, or bear-like animal I happen to see."
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:49:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You can get an order of protection for your cat in ny now  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can get an order of protection for your cat in ny now  

Please tell me you're joking....
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:51:21 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Fuckers
View Quote
MOTHER FUCKERS!

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:52:15 AM EDT
[#18]
The local response to the PETA letter has been pretty hilarious.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:54:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

"Dear PETA...
Thank you for your well wishes in my healing process.  It was, indeed a very scary incident.
In response to being mauled by a bear, I will now devote my life to a policy of killing every single bear, or bear-like animal I happen to see."
View Quote

Peta wouldn't care. They kill far more animals than they save. I want to say their report for 2012 to Va was around 90% of the animals that were brought in to their care in Va were killed. Not sure if this person is still there but their VP used insulin while they talked about how animal testing got us nothing.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:57:38 AM EDT
[#20]
FUCK PETA
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 9:00:02 AM EDT
[#21]
PETA; another group of criminal malcontents on the terrorist watch list.  That letter is again proof of their insane twist on animals.  The farmer could have put in the bear instead of just scaring it, I would have.  

Fuck PETA.

FBO
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 9:03:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 9:04:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Be a damn shame if someone hung a bear head on that cunts front door.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 9:06:05 AM EDT
[#24]
PETA,
Thank you for your well wishes.  I am recovering well and should be back in the woods in a few weeks. After reflecting upon this terrible incident, I have a question: can you recommend an organization to donate bear meat to?  Have a good day saving all the animals.

Yours,
mech4
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 9:06:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 9:06:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
PETA; another group of criminal malcontents on the terrorist watch list.  That letter is again proof of their insane twist on animals.  The farmer could have put in the bear instead of just scaring it, I would have.  

Fuck PETA.

FBO
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 9:07:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

... Or a bear fetus with the placenta still attached... Two birds, one stone thing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Be a damn shame if someone hung a bear head on that cunts front door.

... Or a bear fetus with the placenta still attached... Two birds, one stone thing.

I like your style my neighbor from the north.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 9:10:08 AM EDT
[#28]
To honor all of them, I will go out and kill all game animals I see today.

Mainly pheasants and rabbits.

ETA: probably better throw animals in there.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 9:12:06 AM EDT
[#29]
PETA = terrorists
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 9:12:16 AM EDT
[#30]
I would e-mail them pics of my dead bear when I finished my hunt.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 9:14:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Suggesting a resort to the courts because someone acted like an asshole and upset you is just plain dumb.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no. Not really.  

Last time I checked, it's not legal to run over to the PETA house and kick their asses.  So unless you just wanna roll over and let them plow you, legal action seems appropriate.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 9:14:38 AM EDT
[#32]
I'd mail them some bear meat.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 9:17:34 AM EDT
[#33]
PETA =
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 9:28:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

no. Not really.  

Last time I checked, it's not legal to run over to the PETA house and kick their asses.  So unless you just wanna roll over and let them plow you, legal action seems appropriate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no. Not really.  

Try thinking it through and understand that such a civil cause of action works both ways.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 9:41:41 AM EDT
[#35]
There are a lot of concepts at large in society these days that would once properly have been termed mental illnesses.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 9:44:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Letter to PETA: "With all due sincerity, Please Choke On A Turd", Respectfully, Signed So & So.

PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals ????)
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 9:50:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Try thinking it through and understand that such a civil cause of action works both ways.
View Quote

I'm having trouble finding a cause of action PETA would be able to file on the victim.  I haven't been an attorney for very long though (less than a year), maybe you can help me out.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 9:58:49 AM EDT
[#38]
New rule.

New steps for admission to PETA membership.

1. All prospective PETA members will write an essay of why they want to become members, and why they love animals and want to protect the cuddly and furry creatures.

2. All prospective  PETA members will be put in a cage with a bear for 15 minutes.

3. All prospective PETA members will write at least one paragraph, if capable, prior to medical attention *, of how their views on the bear have changed.

* If new member is incapacitated to the point that they must wait until after their release from the hospital to write their paragraph, they may do so. If new prospected member does not survive their time with the bear, they will be honorary members for life.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 10:01:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I'm having trouble finding a cause of action PETA would be able to file on the victim.  I haven't been an attorney for very long though (less than a year), maybe you can help me out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I should have been clearer.  So let me try again.

We can all agree that PETA sucks and the person that wrote this is a complete douchebag cunt.  

But if you open up PETA and the douchebag cunt to to a civil lawsuit for douchey conduct that resulted in "hurt feelings" then you have to open up lawsuits against conservative, pro-gun folks for hurting the feelings of liberal, soft-minded folks.  You cannot arbitrarily say only "hurt feelings" that you agree with should result in a civil lawsuit.  What is sauce for the goose... and all that.  

Make sense?

In any event, SCOTUS pretty well laid to rest any civil lawsuits based on emotional distress damages for this type of conduct in Snyder v. Phelps.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 10:04:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted: I wish PETA would focus on educating the bears that not all humans intend to do them harm.  Perhaps then we could de-escalate some of the bear-on-human and human-on-bear violence.
View Quote
I'll keep that in mind the next time I eat bear steak. Better yet, I should go eat cat & dog overseas again.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 10:08:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'd mail them some raw bear meat.
View Quote

FIFY. with the Christmas rush, it could be days before it arrives. Get a whiff of that hippy.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 10:19:40 AM EDT
[#42]
They're animals, and they don't know or have the capability to understand what is going on. Sorry.

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 10:23:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

We can all agree that PETA sucks and the person that wrote this is a complete douchebag cunt.  

But if you open up PETA and the douchebag cunt to to a civil lawsuit for douchey conduct that resulted in "hurt feelings" then you have to open up lawsuits against conservative, pro-gun folks for hurting the feelings of liberal, soft-minded folks.  You cannot arbitrarily say only "hurt feelings" that you agree with should result in a civil lawsuit.  What is sauce for the goose... and all that.  

Make sense?

In any event, SCOTUS pretty well laid to rest any civil lawsuits based on emotional distress damages for this type of conduct in Snyder v. Phelps.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Make sense?

That situation is distinguished from this issue in that this is not a "protest" of any kind.  This is direct harassment to a victim of an injury, not a bunch of idiots protesting funerals, in an open forum,  where the first amendment thrives.  This is not a "his views hurt my feelings" situation, as portrayed in the cited case, this involves an organization reaching out and harassing a victim (not an open forum)
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 10:27:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That situation is distinguished from this issue in that this is not a "protest" of any kind.  This is direct harassment to a victim of an injury, not a bunch of idiots protesting funerals, in an open forum,  where the first amendment thrives.  This is not a "his views hurt my feelings" situation, as portrayed in the cited case, this involves an organization reaching out and harassing a victim (not an open forum)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Make sense?

If you want to debate the implications of the case, I'm more than happy to.

If you want to answer the other point, it may keep this thread more on track.  How do you solve the problem of not opening up a flood of lawsuits by butthurt liberals against conservatives?

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 10:37:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

"Dear PETA...
View Quote

I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 11:06:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Peta is the political arm of the animal liberation front (ALF) who were declared a domestic terror group long before anyone had heard of Osama and Al quaeda. Any dumbass whose part of either group imho should be treated as such.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top