Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:31:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Der Antichrist

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:32:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Enemies Foreign and Domestic and Unintended Consequences.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:34:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My copy of the "Anarchist's Cookbook".  

It aint the book, it's how it came to be in my hands.

Grandpa was a cop in Newark.  Used to stop in at one of the department stores on break and browse the book section.  One day he stopped in and found this on the shelf.  Grabbed it up, brought it to the manager who he knew, and asked if the guy knew what his store was selling.

Manager was horrified, pulled the copies on the floor, and gave my grandfather this copy as a keepsake.
View Quote

What was his problem with it?
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:38:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Paladin Press catalogue.
View Quote

bingo
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:38:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If they cut the racists stuff out i believe it would have been a lot better book
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Turner Diaries it was...meh.

If they cut the racists stuff out i believe it would have been a lot better book

If they cut the racist stuff out, the book would be reduced to a pamphlet.

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:39:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Tropic of Cancer
View Quote

Came to post this.  Great book, great ending but it had to be pretty far out there for the time period it was written in.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:41:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My copy of the "Anarchist's Cookbook".  

It aint the book, it's how it came to be in my hands.

Grandpa was a cop in Newark.  Used to stop in at one of the department stores on break and browse the book section.  One day he stopped in and found this on the shelf.  Grabbed it up, brought it to the manager who he knew, and asked if the guy knew what his store was selling.

Manager was horrified, pulled the copies on the floor, and gave my grandfather this copy as a keepsake.

He was probably just sick of watching things explode by that point.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:45:58 PM EDT
[#8]
'Twas the night before Christmas.
Yes! Christmas is in the title too! The horra!
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:48:39 PM EDT
[#9]
No Machiavelli?  The Prince
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:49:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Atlas Shrugged
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:50:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If they had cut out all that "Force" stuff, Star Wars would have flowed a lot better, too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would have to agree. I did not finish it because of this BS.  
If they had cut out all that "Force" stuff, Star Wars would have flowed a lot better, too.

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:51:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Dang nabet every time the subject of books come up here i end up spending money.  The turner diaries and 2 books on Telsa.  One was free on amazon .
The Bible and the Koran.  Might as well throw in The art of war by Sunzu.  Name is probably spelled wrong.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:53:57 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would have to agree. I did not finish it because of this BS.  
lol - do you even read bro?

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:00:12 PM EDT
[#14]
I think I have read most of what has been mentioned her so far.

The most recent book I have read that most people here would find controversial is Deep Green Resistance Aric McBay, Lierre Keith, and Derrick Jensen.  It is sort of like a Communist Manifesto for Greens and calls for nothing less than the destruction of industrial civilization itself.  This destruction is presented as the only alternative to a complete collapse in the ecology and the extinction of many species, including the human race.  It is rather casually mentioned that this would require the human population to be reduced to around 500-600 million (90%+ reduction).

DGR specifically calls for attacks on infrastructure including oil refineries, coal mines, gas wells, communications towers, and nuclear reactors.  It is somewhat less direct about killing guards, police, military personnel, and politicians but the tenor of the argument is very extreme.  It is a preview of coming attractions and scary.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:00:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Everone Poops
I've been told many times girls don't poop, and apparently that conflicts with the philosophy of the book....
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:00:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Harry Potter...all 7 books

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:02:21 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Atlas Shrugged
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:03:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Unintended Consequences
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:05:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Meh?  It was absolute shit.

I had heard so much about it, when I spotted it at a gun show I had to buy it.  I was embarrassed while reading it.  I actually felt dirty after reading it.  The first and only book that I have ever thrown out in the trash.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had heard so much about it, when I spotted it at a gun show I had to buy it.  I was embarrassed while reading it.  I actually felt dirty after reading it.  The first and only book that I have ever thrown out in the trash.

if the arfcom basement dwellers wrote a novel...
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:09:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Resistance to Tyranny is next on my list to read.

I am a fucking beast at reading science fiction, science, fiction and history books, gobbling them up.

However, books like Brackens', Martino's, etc - honestly scare the crap out of me. They really do. Not because of what takes place in them, but the fact that they take place here in the US, in our own backyard. I can really only stomach one chapter at a time and I can't sleep for hours after that.

Some days I can't even bring myself to turn on the Kindle because I'm not in the mental state to read them...

Call me a pussy, whatever.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:12:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

if the arfcom basement dwellers wrote a novel were a cover band...
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:14:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Mr. white man, what now?

Now-men and tomorrow-men

G.M. Mes
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:15:00 PM EDT
[#23]
50 Shades of Grey...

LOL, just kidding, I did thumb through it looking for good parts...Didn't find any...

The most recent "controversial" book was 11/22/63 by Stephen King

(yeah I know the guy is a flaming liberal but I didn't know it at the time)

I have read Catcher in the Rye twice over the years and still couldn't tell you what it was about.  

Atlas Shrugged was ok, but really dragged.  (And I am a major Capitalist !!!)
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:18:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Not sure if it was controversial, but if you don't like to sleep well...Hostage to the Devil by Malachi Martin

View Quote

I read 'He Came To Set The Captives Free', to see what all the hub-bub was about.  May have to pick up this one.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:19:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Might Is Right aka The Survival of the Fittest
Satanic Bible
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:20:34 PM EDT
[#26]
I intentionally seek out books that are being banned.  I wish now that I would have bought all the Paladin Press books on explosives, self defense, how to kill, etc.  Not because I'm really interested in that crap, but I just hate the fact that the publisher was forced to stop selling it.

I picked up a copy of "Hit Man" before they disappeared.  And I found an old copy of "The Turner Diaries" before the Southern Poverty Law Center seized the rights to it, because I refuse to give that asshole Morris Dees one single penny of my money.

Another very interesting book I found at an ultra-left book store in Berkeley, CA, is "Ecodefense: A Field Guide to Monkeywrenching" written by some Earth First! assholes.  I looked long and hard for this, and it was not easy to find.  20 years ago you had to know somebody and frequent the out of the way radical book sellers to get a copy of publications like this - you know, sort of the left-wing equivalents of the old Amok Catalog.  But these days you can just order ELF/ALF stuff from Amazon.

How times have changed.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top