Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2013 4:14:30 PM EDT
I've got a Buck Rush 290 I carry daily and seems the springs have either broken or have come loose.

I've watched this video and have a couple of questions to anyone who has taken theirs apart.

Can you get the springs for it? Or just better to send it back to Buck?

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 2:07:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 3:04:38 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I've got a Buck Rush 290 I carry daily and seems the springs have either broken or have come loose.

I've watched this video and have a couple of questions to anyone who has taken theirs apart.

Can you get the springs for it? Or just better to send it back to Buck?

http://youtu.be/qHnAJIn3f70
View Quote

I'd send it back, and wouldn't expect it to take long.

Those Knifekit springs are not universal.

You're about to spend a bunch of money trying to find the right sized spring.

And in the end, you'll probably either not find it, or you won't be happy with how it performs.

Or you could get lucky. I'd just send it in.

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:26:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I sent a 110 in for repair, acknowledging that it was broken due to abuse before I got it. Said I was willing to pay for anything not covered, It took 2 months to get it back, but they fixed it free.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:09:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I sent a 110 in for repair, acknowledging that it was broken due to abuse before I got it. Said I was willing to pay for anything not covered, It took 2 months to get it back, but they fixed it free.
View Quote

I had the same experience with my Rush, expected to pay for it and it came back repaired at no charge.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:23:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I had the same experience with my Rush, expected to pay for it and it came back repaired at no charge.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it was as simple as telling the truth that got it fixed free. Flat out told them I bought it used in the condition I sent it to them(wouldn't lock open,hammer marks on spine of blade and handle), told them if they told me a cost for out of warranty repairs I'd send a check. Got the knife back factory sharpened and fixed, and they even polished out all the hammer marks. Same blade, a shadow of the marks is still there. Considering they went beyond their warranty I was more than willing to wait the 2 months, especially since I have other 110s to use.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top