Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2013 10:39:52 AM EDT
Note to those who hate CFLs or LEDs.  100 watters have already been banned, and the end game for 40 and 60 watt bulbs is at the end of the month.  No manufacture or import as of 2014.  By the way, this was brought to you by a Republican congress and W.   As I understand it, Halogens are not involved.

It's amazing that we (most of us at least) still can go out and buy an AR (or other), especially in the era of banned toilets, banned effective refrigerants, de-powered detergent, and now banned light bulbs.  Such is the power of the NRA, so you might want to consider joining...
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:41:42 AM EDT
[#1]
ah Government.  Solving problems that do not exist
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:43:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe we can reverse this once the Republicans take back the Senate and the White House. Bring real gas cans back and strike anywhere matches!

If the NRA added these to their mission statement, membership would double.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:45:20 AM EDT
[#3]
What the hell am I going to put in my Betty Crocker oven?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:48:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
It creates problems, waits a few years until they come to a crisis, then "fix them."*
*For a definition of the word fix, see "creates problems."

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:49:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Note to those who hate CFLs or LEDs.  100 watters have already been banned, and the end game for 40 and 60 watt bulbs is at the end of the month.  No manufacture or import as of 2014.  By the way, this was brought to you by a Republican congress and W.   As I understand it, Halogens are not involved.

It's amazing that we (most of us at least) still can go out and buy an AR (or other), especially in the era of banned toilets, banned effective refrigerants, de-powered detergent, and now banned light bulbs.  Such is the power of the NRA, so you might want to consider joining...
View Quote

Looks like I better stock up on 60 watts bulbs.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:51:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Kinda hard for CBP to ban the illicit import  of 100 watt incandescent bulbs        

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:55:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

My LED bulbs are awesome. Yes, its an govt intrusion on our lives. Do I really care in this particular instance? No. There are about a 20 different topics I'd rather be mad about.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:56:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fo da chillren
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:57:43 AM EDT
[#9]
If you guys can afford to run incandescent lights more power to you.
I switched from over 7500watts of incandescent to about 1500watts of CFL & LEDs & my electric bill dropped accordingly.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:58:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Time to do an add-on to the ammo fort for a light bulb master suite with walk in gas can closet.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:58:51 AM EDT
[#11]
I have 18 Canadian made 100 watters left. I didn't know the 60's were next. 40 watt can off themselves.

IIRC, ACE hardware is the place.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:01:43 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
My LED bulbs are awesome. Yes, its an govt intrusion on our lives. Do I really care in this particular instance? No. There are about a 20 different topics I'd rather be mad about.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I was an early adopter to CFLs (1990s), and am pretty satisfied, except for outdoor lighting.   My warning is to those that really care.  You will see them on shelves for a while as stock is diminished as selling them isn't banned, just manufacture and import.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:02:25 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote

There were a few enterprising Germans who got around their law by selling them as 100 watt luminous heaters.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:41:53 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

There were a few enterprising Germans who got around their law by selling them as 100 watt luminous heaters.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Replacement elements  for my Easy-Bake Oven

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top