Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2013 8:30:10 AM EDT
Do you guys give a little gift for them?
If so, what or how much?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:30:49 AM EDT
[#1]
We get her $10 worth of lotto tickets.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:32:41 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Do you guys give a little gift for them?

If so, what or how much?
View Quote
To be honest I never understood this and I knew my carrier rather well. He gets payed decent and will have a pension (theoretically) for the rest of his life when he retires and has WAY better benefits than I do. I would rather tip the kid at McDonalds than him and he was my friend

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:34:16 AM EDT
[#3]
No.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:35:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Starbucks cards for everyone.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:35:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Every time I by a stamp I contribute the the postman's Christmas present.

Who get's a printed paper anymore?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:39:00 AM EDT
[#6]
They're not supposed to accept gifts.  How about coffee and a muffin or cupcake?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:39:26 AM EDT
[#7]
It is too bad people have been programmed from birth to think their is some need to gift people in December.  

Stop.  Cold turkey.  

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:40:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Hell no. Postal workers are the most lazy, overpaid, union slobs on the planet.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:42:58 AM EDT
[#9]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Does she send you a thank you note saying "thanks for deciding to gamble away my Christmas gift"?

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:43:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Does she send you a thank you note saying "thanks for deciding to gamble away my Christmas gift"?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:00:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Really?

I've only known one, and he was out walking and working, hustling his butt off, all day, all year, no matter what the weather.  Most productive carrier in his group, and still got "zinged" by the efficiency egghead for using the wrong hand to open a mailbox.  

And if he had lots of mail that day, he worked until it was all delivered.  If another carrier got sick or had to leave, he'd stay as late as possible, and deliver all of THEIR mail, too.

I don't know about the pay or about any other carriers, but that guy was anything but lazy.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:02:19 AM EDT
[#12]
I don't give them anything.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:07:31 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Really?

I've only known one, and he was out walking and working, hustling his butt off, all day, all year, no matter what the weather.  Most productive carrier in his group, and still got "zinged" by the efficiency egghead for using the wrong hand to open a mailbox.  

And if he had lots of mail that day, he worked until it was all delivered.  If another carrier got sick or had to leave, he'd stay as late as possible, and deliver all of THEIR mail, too.

I don't know about the pay or about any other carriers, but that guy was anything but lazy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Really?

He is probably the exception. USPS workers get more paid vacations, paid sick leave and comps than any govt employees. There is a reason they are always billions in the hole
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:09:12 AM EDT
[#14]
My wife and I don't exchange gifts, we're sure as hell not buying something for the mailman.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:11:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Turd in a Dunkin Donuts bag.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:08:32 AM EDT
[#16]
The results are about what I expected. I've never given one before, but now we live in a tiny rural area where everybody knows everybody and our mail carrier goes out of his way to be friendly and make sure our mail is taken care of so I figured it would be nice to show a little appreciation.

We're thinking a box of chocolates or a $10 gift card to Subway or the likes.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:15:28 AM EDT
[#17]
The mailman being a government employee should not accept gratuities. Take some treats to the post office, probably okay. Give the mailman cash personally, not okay.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:15:58 AM EDT
[#18]
I really like our postman, but I have a hard time tipping anyone who makes more than I do...

IIRC, the average "Postal Carrier" makes more than $100k per year when you add up their salary, benefits, 20-year pension INCLUSIVE of all military time already served, etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top