Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2013 3:51:24 PM EDT
Hey, do we have any corporate recruiters here or other people who are familiar with the online job application process?

I have heard so many conflicting stories and information as to what one needs to do to get their application in front of the eyes of an actual recruiter. Everything from your resume has to have a certain percentage of key words mentioned in the job description, you can't apply to more than one job at once, job searches are tracked, etc. Pretty much if you do A, B, or C and don't do X, Y, and Z you are fucked in the goat ass.

Does anyone really actually know? I reached out to someone I thought I was close with that works as a recruiter for JP Morgan, and they were very tight lipped as to how the process actually works.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:35:17 PM EDT
[#1]
You sound inexperienced so let me leave you with this - avoid recruiters.  They can work occasionally but it's not worth the risk.  My favorite recruiter story is of the unknown recruiter who sent my resume to my employer at the time and said, "He had the perfect candidate for them".

Find another "in" to the company.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:50:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I did the recruiting thing in a prior job.  For us, the process worked like this:

- applicant submits their application on the website
- software reviews each application for keywords and then matches it against one or more open career openings
- a human doing the work for that career reviews each application matched to that career
-- promising applicants get a phone interview
-- other applications are discarded
- if the phone interview goes well, the applicant is flown in for a set of face to face interviews
- if ALL of the interviewers give a thumbs-up, the person is offered a job

For every 100 applications we received, roughly 20 people got phone calls, of those, roughly 5 would get face to face interviews and 2-3 of those would get job offers.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:56:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I did the recruiting thing in a prior job.  For us, the process worked like this:

- applicant submits their application on the website
- software reviews each application for keywords and then matches it against one or more open career openings
- a human doing the work for that career reviews each application matched to that career
-- promising applicants get a phone interview
-- other applications are discarded
- if the phone interview goes well, the applicant is flown in for a set of face to face interviews
- if ALL of the interviewers give a thumbs-up, the person is offered a job

For every 100 applications we received, roughly 20 people got phone calls, of those, roughly 5 would get face to face interviews and 2-3 of those would get job offers.
View Quote

This is what my experience was like.
same for the 'ol lady.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:59:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top