In before "they're sweet dogs"
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:32:24 PM EDT
[#5]
K9 of Peace and all that.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:33:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:33:37 PM EDT
[#7]
In before pic of pitbull with party hat on.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:34:24 PM EDT
[#8]
What a loving animal.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:36:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Inb4 the usual pitbull apologists.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:36:31 PM EDT
[#10]
So this woman allowed her boyfriend to keep a dog that would go after her whenever she had a fit? Why did she not take the dog to the pound GB does have animal control right?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:36:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Blue line would say "we only know one side of the story" if it was a cop.

So the same applies. "May have been......."
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:37:06 PM EDT
[#12]
I can't imagine a worse way to go.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:38:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What a loving animal.
View Quote

I'm not a huge fan of pit bulls, but this is a perfectly predictable thing.  

Dogs and cats, all dogs and cats, operate pretty much all the time about a gnat's ass beyond primal instinct.

And primal instinct is to kill sick members of the pack.   Its been selected for.

Ask any veterinarian what happens in homes with a group of dogs or cats when one becomes seriously ill -- in many cases, the alpha in the case of dogs, or the females in the case of cats, will wind up attacking the ailing pet, often viciously.

In fact, I think I've read of pets attacking their humans during epileptic fits in the past.

Pit bulls are more aggressive and when aggression manifests, reliably more deadly.  I'm not a fan of the breed.   But this was not a purely pitbull issue.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:39:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
In before pic of pitbull with party hat on.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:39:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
lies a pitbull wouldn't kill anybody
View Quote

I just had to listen to someone present about how pitbulls aren't more aggressive, last week
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:45:13 PM EDT
[#16]
So why did they arrest the boyfriend?

ETA- Dangerous Dog Act
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:49:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2521254/Leeds-woman-killed-dogs-home.html

Boyfriend, 33, arrested after mother-of-four who was believed to be pregnant is killed by two banned American pitbull terriers

• Emma Bennett died a day after neighbours heard her screaming for help
    Dogs may have turned on the 27-year-old after she had an epileptic fit
    Victim was at home alone when she was mauled in her Leeds house
    Dogs were believed to be American pitbulls, a banned breed in Britain
    33-year-old man today arrested under Dangerous Dogs Act
    Victim tried to sell pitbull on Facebook for £100 because of its aggression

I heard rumours there was a vicious dog attack after someone had broken into a home but it turned out it was Emma who got attacked by her own dog.

'We'd heard that a few weeks back the pitbull started getting really nasty with her because she is epileptic.

'If she had a seizure and she was on her own he didn't like it.

'I think she has had a fit and the pitbull's got hold of her - that's the only thing I can think of.

'Apparently it wanted to go for her whenever she was having a fit.'

A West Yorkshire Police spokesman said last night: 'Two dogs were seized following the incident and police inquiries remain ongoing this evening.

'Officers would like to speak to anybody who has information about the incident and the dogs involved in it.'

Armed police said they were called to 'a woman in distress with serious dog bite injuries'. It is believed the victim was home alone when she was mauled.

One of her dogs fled the property when police arrived but was contained by officers in an adjacent street, while another dog was safely removed from the property.

Both animals are still alive and being cared for by police.

Ms Bennett was taken to Leeds General Infirmary for treatment but police confirmed she died last night.

Police did not shoot the dogs.

View Quote

Wow, that's a pretty marked difference from American law enforcement!
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:49:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:50:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Owning one of these animals in this day and age carries such a liability it is beyond retarded. Word here is homeowners insurance is starting to drop people who own them, and I simply can't fault them for it. Your loving pit  Lassie gets lose, takes some kid's arm off in your front yard and suddenly you and your insurance company are named in a 5 million dollar suit. Game on.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:53:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:53:51 PM EDT
[#21]
I wonder how many Black Labs would have done the same?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:54:53 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Dogs and cats, all dogs and cats, operate pretty much all the time about a gnat's ass beyond primal instinct.

And primal instinct is to kill sick members of the pack.   Its been selected for.

Ask any veterinarian what happens in homes with a group of dogs or cats when one becomes seriously ill -- in many cases, the alpha in the case of dogs, or the females in the case of cats, will wind up attacking the ailing pet, often viciously.

In fact, I think I've read of pets attacking their humans during epileptic fits in the past.

Pit bulls are more aggressive and when aggression manifests, reliably more deadly.  I'm not a fan of the breed.   But this was not a purely pitbull issue.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What a loving animal.

I'm going to have to agree and I hate pitbulls.  I think they are ugly dangerous animals.  BUT I had a GSP that was the sweetest dog in the world come after me when I was having an asthma attack.  Nothing like fighting for air and having to fight off a crazy dog.  Now I know dogs and I know she felt threatened but it took zero ounces of care from me when I took her in to be put down.  She just wasn't an animal that could be trusted.  

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:55:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Such wonderful dogs.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:57:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:58:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What a loving animal.

I'm not a vet, but I've witnessed this a number of times.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:02:41 PM EDT
[#26]
What a insane sentiment. Please Google canine behavior before acting like you just dusted off your PhD in animal studies.

Your claim bares no resemblance to the hundreds, if not thousands, of documented anecdotes of canines "caring" for sick or dying family members. Nor does it align with the thousands of people who utilize service dogs therapeutically for issues such as seizures, autism, and anxiety. Compound that with the stories of dogs caring for one another when another dog is sick or injured (YouTube: dog drags his friend from Highway).

We had a family over a couple of months ago with an epileptic daughter.  When she seized, her parents laid her down and my 6 year old labrador retriever laid at her feet. My dog had never been in that situation before, but she reacted as she has been bred and trained to do. She didn't look at her like she was dinner or a chew toy.

Explain away overtly vicious and aggressive behavior however you want, but thousands of years of breeding does not just "go away".
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:10:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I wonder how many Black Labs would have done the same?
View Quote

Don't know about about Black Labs but my Yellow is a little shifty looking when I'm not paying attention. Maybe?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:13:07 PM EDT
[#28]
for OP's next post:

-Harley's with loud pipes

-chili with beans?

-best AR

- 1911 vs Glock

- EOTech vs Aimpoint

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:13:28 PM EDT
[#29]
my cats would only eat me after I died.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:16:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:19:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:21:17 PM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:22:05 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Yes we do - It sounds to me like the boyfriend was a numpty though.

Also the dog is a banned breed - if they had taken it to the dog;s home then they would have had to give records of the dog's history and previous residence - this would bring the Po-Po's knocking and I dare say they numpty boy is involved in a bit more than having a banned land-shark.

Helluva cost whichever what you look at it.  Poor lass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So this woman allowed her boyfriend to keep a dog that would go after her whenever she had a fit? Why did she not take the dog to the pound GB does have animal control right?

Also the dog is a banned breed - if they had taken it to the dog;s home then they would have had to give records of the dog's history and previous residence - this would bring the Po-Po's knocking and I dare say they numpty boy is involved in a bit more than having a banned land-shark.

Numpty?

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:22:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:25:04 PM EDT
[#35]
'We'd heard that a few weeks back the pitbull started getting really nasty with her because she is epileptic.
View Quote

So... basically this was entirely foreseeable and preventable?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:25:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2521254/Leeds-woman-killed-dogs-home.html

Boyfriend, 33, arrested after mother-of-four who was believed to be pregnant is killed by two banned American pitbull terriers

• Emma Bennett died a day after neighbours heard her screaming for help
    Dogs may have turned on the 27-year-old after she had an epileptic fit
    Victim was at home alone when she was mauled in her Leeds house
    Dogs were believed to be American pitbulls, a banned breed in Britain
    33-year-old man today arrested under Dangerous Dogs Act
    Victim tried to sell pitbull on Facebook for £100 because of its aggression

I heard rumours there was a vicious dog attack after someone had broken into a home but it turned out it was Emma who got attacked by her own dog.

'If she had a seizure and she was on her own he didn't like it.

'I think she has had a fit and the pitbull's got hold of her - that's the only thing I can think of.

'Apparently it wanted to go for her whenever she was having a fit.'

A West Yorkshire Police spokesman said last night: 'Two dogs were seized following the incident and police inquiries remain ongoing this evening.

'Officers would like to speak to anybody who has information about the incident and the dogs involved in it.'

Armed police said they were called to 'a woman in distress with serious dog bite injuries'. It is believed the victim was home alone when she was mauled.

One of her dogs fled the property when police arrived but was contained by officers in an adjacent street, while another dog was safely removed from the property.

Both animals are still alive and being cared for by police.

Ms Bennett was taken to Leeds General Infirmary for treatment but police confirmed she died last night.

Police did not shoot the dogs.

Limey cops dont carry guns! Well most dont at least.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:25:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:26:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So just shoot it, bag it up, and put it in your neighbor's trash bin.   20 cents, tops.

What?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:30:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Just saw it above.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:32:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The preferred terminology is "seizure".

View Quote

don't have  a fit over it....

J/K
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:42:42 PM EDT
[#41]
A West Yorkshire Police spokesman said last night....

would have been better off with a Yorkshire terrier
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:48:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Easy peasy -
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
for OP's next post:

-Harley's with loud pipes - Gay

-chili with beans?  Hell no

-best AR - Mine

- 1911 vs Glock  1911 - anyday

- EOTech vs Aimpoint - Aimpoint

Easy peasy -

Serious question, does chili have much of a following in England? Or is it more for people that know/associate with Americans that are hip to it?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:54:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Ghetto dog strikes again. Isolated incident #754.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:55:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

He's British, it's actually called a "flippity-flop" over there.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:09:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

lol...made me think of: "Also dude, Chinamen is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian American please."

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:12:25 PM EDT
[#46]
A person cannot scream for help in the midst of a seizure.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:16:05 PM EDT
[#47]
I think I've read of pets attacking their humans during epileptic fits in the past.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:18:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:18:58 PM EDT
[#49]

That's a bull terrier.  They are rare, but also have somewhat of poor rep.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:19:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Death panels.
View Quote

More like death puppies.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top