Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2013 7:11:03 AM EDT
I'm looking for something to keep my son warm while he is plowing on the ATV.  I have him covered with good boots, bibs, etc. but need to find a good face / neck protection.  Any recommendations?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:17:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Ski mask. Poly pro balaclava.

Either works well. He's not moving at 30mph.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:17:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I use a Balaclava when I am riding my ATV in the cold weather. It works great....

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:18:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Just get a good snowmobile helmet with a heated visor.  
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:19:28 AM EDT
[#4]
snowmobile helmet..mom will thank you when he goes ass over tea kettles hitting a  rock hard snow bank going to fast
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:21:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
snowmobile helmet..mom will thank you when he goes ass over tea kettles hitting a  rock hard snow bank going to fast
View Quote

Your name made me chuckle.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:26:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It just popped in my head after only a few beers
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:33:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Helmet with a breath box , goggles , neck gator or balaclava,  bibs,  coat, gloves and boots spent all day riding already and never get cold... It's all about layers
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:37:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Go to campmor.com.

I like the windshear fleece balaclavas. The make neck gaiters, too or a neck gaiter with a thin head covering fore wearing with a helmet. The windshear fleece won't allow wind to pass through and it's some great stuff.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:40:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Helmet with a breath box , goggles , neck gator or balaclava,  bibs,  coat, gloves and boots spent all day riding already and never get cold... It's all about layers
View Quote

+1  Heated handle grips are a plus too.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:44:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks guys good info, I'm googling now.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:47:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Cheap ski mask and These for 12$ shipped

My son and I took our sport quads (TRX450r and KFX700) out for a snow run this weekend and they kept us comfy and total cost less than 20$, and the goggles are safety goggles.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:12:29 PM EDT
[#12]
that was too good a deal, especially if they worked well for you; I ordered tow of them.

Quoted:
Cheap ski mask and These for 12$ shipped

My son and I took our sport quads (TRX450r and KFX700) out for a snow run this weekend and they kept us comfy and total cost less than 20$, and the goggles are safety goggles.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:29:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Electric vest and electric hand grips.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:31:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Electric vest and electric hand grips.
View Quote

If only electric heated clothing were cheaper!  I'd love me some.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top