Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/28/2013 6:47:07 AM EDT
"...Pam Kehaly, president of Anthem Blue Cross in California, said she received a recent letter from a young woman complaining about a 50% rate hike related to the healthcare law.

"She said, 'I was all for Obamacare until I found out I was paying for it,'" Kehaly said."

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-health-sticker-shock-20131027,0,2756077.story#axzz2iwbCul39
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:47:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:50:43 AM EDT
[#2]
"It doesn't seem right to make the middle class pay so much more in order to give health insurance to everybody else," said Harris, who is three months pregnant. "This increase is simply not affordable."

This had me rolling!!  The useful idiots are now seeing what the "evil conservatives" have been saying all along was, in fact, true.

But it doesn't matter, they will still vote [D] at the next elections....
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:52:11 AM EDT
[#3]
They wanted the rich to pay for it.  Surprise, buttsex
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:53:59 AM EDT
[#4]
LOW INFORMATION VOTER.

Term validated again.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:59:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I am amazed these dullards haven't been run over by a car yet. Complete fuckng idiots .

ITS FREE HURRRRRRRRRRRRR
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:01:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Good. Choke on it, bitch.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:04:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"It doesn't seem right to make the middle class pay so much more in order to give health insurance to everybody else," said Harris, who is three months pregnant. "This increase is simply not affordable."

This had me rolling!!  The useful idiots are now seeing what the "evil conservatives" have been saying all along was, in fact, true.

View Quote

And R's still can't articulate their message.  I agree the public is stupid, but that's why the R's are losing.  They are losing the propaganda wars in a big way.  Golden opportunity here to do some real damage, but they'll miss it just like every other opportunity they have mangled.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:05:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Those people that voted for this are reaping it.  Those of us that predicted it are seeing our predictions come true.  

The question for the future of America is will voters behave differently in the future now that they "know?"
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:05:16 AM EDT
[#9]
The middle class is paying for this healthcare plan that is why republicans sit on their hands and claim there is nothing they can do about it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:05:23 AM EDT
[#10]

waaaah.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:05:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:06:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Trust the Bureaucrats will fix things in the future.  That is a good plan!

"Javier Lopez, 38 and a self-employed aerospace engineer in Huntington Beach, pays about $750 a month for an Anthem Blue Cross plan for his family of four. His premiums may rise nearly 20% next year for a new policy because his current plan is being phased out.

Lopez says he's willing to absorb that one-year jump if it means the government can rein in future rate hikes.

"I'm hoping with this reform," Lopez said, "we won't see big increases year after year.""
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:07:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:07:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

"Javier Lopez, 38 and a self-employed aerospace engineer in Huntington Beach, pays about $750 a month for an Anthem Blue Cross plan for his family of four. His premiums may rise nearly 20% next year for a new policy because his current plan is being phased out.

Lopez says he's willing to absorb that one-year jump if it means the government can rein in future rate hikes.

"I'm hoping with this reform," Lopez said, "we won't see big increases year after year.""
View Quote

Hope and change, it's coming for your wallet...............
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:08:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Obama regret is running at an all time high.  I have had an unprecedented number of Obama voters admit I was right in the past few months.  Even the bartender at my lunch spot who insisted that Obama was "such a cool guy" in 2012 came over to our table last week and said "Why didn't you warn me?  I'm such an idiot."

Republicans fucked up massively by fighting the debt ceiling when they did.  All they had to do was kick the can down the road until 2014 and then let everyone get what they voted for before showing up as White Knights in the midterm election.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:08:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The middle class is paying for this healthcare plan that is why republicans sit on their hands and claim there is nothing they can do about it.
View Quote

WTF  are you blathering about???? Repubs been trying to amend it after the shutdown debacle, communists are having none of it.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:09:58 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote

And she is passing her stupid genes onto another generation
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:10:24 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm surprised the libtard media is reporting any of this.....

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:11:14 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote

Whose in the middle of that bell curve. Oh yeah, the middle class. Hope and change.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:11:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't worry, scrote. There are plenty of 'tards out there living really kick-ass lives. Lopez is 'tarded. He's an engineer now.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:14:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Elections have consequences, biatch!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:15:17 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

"She said, 'I was all for Obamacare until I found out I was paying for it,'" Kehaly said."

View Quote

At first I was......

Then I was.....

Finally I was......

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:15:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Don't worry, scrote. There are plenty of 'tards out there living really kick-ass lives. Lopez is 'tarded. He's an engineer now.
View Quote

The prophecy of Idiocracy has come true!!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:16:25 AM EDT
[#24]

" If you think health care is expensive now just wait until it's free "

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:17:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Stupid is as stupid does.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:20:37 AM EDT
[#26]

Awesome pic!

Yeah fuck those people.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:25:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

"I didn't realize I was considered rich!"
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:26:48 AM EDT
[#28]
My son the liberal says the rich should be paying a lot more. Says he is willing to pay more. I asked him why doesn't he just mail in extra to the IRS he just mumbled.
He doesn't seem to understand that once the "poor" are no longer poor he'll have less than he has today. He'll be working his ass off for those who choose to do nothing.
I went wrong but I don't know where. I'll go to my grave with a ticket stamped HELL ONE WAY.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:30:54 AM EDT
[#29]
These people are the reason there is a tag on the hair dryer that reads, "Do not use in shower."
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:33:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

WTF  are you blathering about???? Repubs been trying to amend it after the shutdown debacle, communists are having none of it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh yeah the did get an exemption for congress and a extension for businesses.

Funny those are the only two things they have actually accomplished.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:41:50 AM EDT
[#31]
The R will not win because the establishment is too busy trying to "beat them(D's)" instead of simply enforcing their principles.  Fuck 'em
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:42:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Another fine opportunity for schadenfreude.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:43:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Funny, those were the ones the Dems wanted........
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:52:13 AM EDT
[#34]
haha... fuck her
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:55:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh yeah but who benefitted who came out looking like elitist? The democrats simply gave the republicans enough rope is all.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:03:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Yeah dummy, when they keep saying, "tax the rich!" who did you think they were talking about?  They're talking about people with jobs.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:05:07 AM EDT
[#37]
"People could have kept their cheaper, bad coverage, and those people wouldn't have been part of the common risk pool," Lee said. "We are better off all being in this together. We are transforming the individual market and making it better."  Peter Lee, executive director of Covered California,, the state's insurance exchange.

We're making it better!

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:21:00 AM EDT
[#38]
I think this stuff is funny..
We have employees that were Obummer supporters and thought we would have to
give them free healthcare...NOT.. Some of them had spouse's that worked and had family
plans through their employers, who have now lost their family plans due to O'dummer care.
Now the wife and kiddies now have no insurance. It is sad but it still makes me smile.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:25:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Those same Obama loving dumbasses would willingly get on the train if he told them he was shipping them to the beach for a free vacation.  "We only need to make sure you're nice and clean before you hit the beach, just take a nice warm shower first".  

Stupid is, as stupid does!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:34:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Surprise you are "rich".
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:35:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Huh?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:36:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

That engineer must have skipped the Econ.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:36:56 AM EDT
[#43]
"Dem Party is F****d." That was the subject line of an email sent to me Sunday by a senior Democratic consultant with strong ties to the White House and Capitol Hill. The body of the email contained a link to this Los Angeles Times story about Obamacare "sticker shock:"

"These middle-class consumers are staring at hefty increases on their insurance bills as the overhaul remakes the healthcare market. Their rates are rising in large part to help offset the higher costs of covering sicker, poorer people who have been shut out of the system for years."

"Although recent criticism of the healthcare law has focused on website glitches and early enrollment snags, experts say sharp price increases for individual policies have the greatest potential to erode public support for President Obama's signature legislation."  

The Democratic consultant said none of this is news to him, but he wonders why Obama wasn't honest with Americans. He predicted surprise and outrage over higher costs and lesser coverage. "We will own this problem forever," the Democrat wrote.
View Quote

http://www.nationaljournal.com/white-house/obama-takes-friendly-fire-20131028
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:37:33 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Obama regret is running at an all time high.  I have had an unprecedented number of Obama voters admit I was right in the past few months.  Even the bartender at my lunch spot who insisted that Obama was "such a cool guy" in 2012 came over to our table last week and said "Why didn't you warn me?  I'm such an idiot."

Republicans fucked up massively by fighting the debt ceiling when they did.  All they had to do was kick the can down the road until 2014 and then let everyone get what they voted for before showing up as White Knights in the midterm election.
View Quote

A little off topic but I believe you analysis is wrong and I do not think the Republicans were stupid at all.  And it gets better each day.  And it will help in 2014.

First, a few months ago the pundits were saying once the Republicans voted on the budget/funding they will have bought into the ACA and will not be able to run against it.  This just guaranteed that the Republicans would have to refuse to come to an agreement on funding and shut down the government. It also presented the problem, you suffer the results of a 2013 shut down or suffer the campaign ads in 2014 that say if you did not like it you should have voted against it and not for it.  This problem is now gone.

Second, it was clear during the negotiations that the Republicans wanted to just defund and delay for one year.  Obama refused to even negotiate on this point.

Third, the Republicans ultimately lost, but we now have a few positives and have avoided the problem identified above:

Positive One.  There is no way the pundits can say the Republicans bought into the ACA because they publically fought it and lost. So, going into 2014 all the problems with the ACA remain Obama's and the democrats.
Positive Two.  The ACA will still probably have to be delayed and when this happens, people will ask why the hell did we have the shut down if all the Republicans wanted was a delay, and now we have the delay.  And this gets into other issues, like did Obama know it was not going to work and thus a delay would be necessary anyway, and if so, why did he not just negotiate the delay and avoid the shut down.  
Positive Three.  If there is an official delay, it will completely remove the ability of the shut down to be an issue in 2014 against the Republicans.  Any time the shutdown comes up the response is we wanted a delay, he refused to give and shut down the government, and then he turned around and delayed it anyway because the ACA is such a disaster.  Any mention of the shutdown immediately takes the conversation to the ACA disaster.

In short, Republicans can now use the ACA disaster in 2014 and have a very effective defense to any use by the other side of the shutdown.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:40:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't want it 'amended' I want it FUCKING GONE.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:41:15 AM EDT
[#46]
All these zero supporters like her can go get fucked.

Whoops........she already did
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:41:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 9:04:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

A little off topic but I believe you analysis is wrong and I do not think the Republicans were stupid at all.  And it gets better each day.  And it will help in 2014.

First, a few months ago the pundits were saying once the Republicans voted on the budget/funding they will have bought into the ACA and will not be able to run against it.  This just guaranteed that the Republicans would have to refuse to come to an agreement on funding and shut down the government. It also presented the problem, you suffer the results of a 2013 shut down or suffer the campaign ads in 2014 that say if you did not like it you should have voted against it and not for it.  This problem is now gone.

Second, it was clear during the negotiations that the Republicans wanted to just defund and delay for one year.  Obama refused to even negotiate on this point.

Third, the Republicans ultimately lost, but we now have a few positives and have avoided the problem identified above:

Positive One.  There is no way the pundits can say the Republicans bought into the ACA because they publically fought it and lost. So, going into 2014 all the problems with the ACA remain Obama's and the democrats.
Positive Two.  The ACA will still probably have to be delayed and when this happens, people will ask why the hell did we have the shut down if all the Republicans wanted was a delay, and now we have the delay.  And this gets into other issues, like did Obama know it was not going to work and thus a delay would be necessary anyway, and if so, why did he not just negotiate the delay and avoid the shut down.  
Positive Three.  If there is an official delay, it will completely remove the ability of the shut down to be an issue in 2014 against the Republicans.  Any time the shutdown comes up the response is we wanted a delay, he refused to give and shut down the government, and then he turned around and delayed it anyway because the ACA is such a disaster.  Any mention of the shutdown immediately takes the conversation to the ACA disaster.

In short, Republicans can now use the ACA disaster in 2014 and have a very effective defense to any use by the other side of the shutdown.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All they had to do was crow and complain for a little while so everyone knows where they stood.  Then wait for everyone to realize what exactly was in the turd sandwich Obama just forced down their throats.

Then, midterm elections.  The Republicans could have taken the Senate.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 9:18:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Ha! Love it! I just showed the article.to a.couple.of coworkers who didn't believe me about a month ago when I.told them many people's plans were being cancelled or rates going up dramatically. Their jaws.dropped when they read the.article. I did a "I told you so."

Hee nee

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 9:21:30 AM EDT
[#50]
FPNI
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top