Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2013 4:56:31 PM EDT
Terrific movie
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:00:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Amazing movie, though a tad bit slow. Might be one of Brad Pitts' best films. Amazing acting.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:00:57 PM EDT
[#2]
bored me.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:01:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Put me to sleep.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:04:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Hated it, Casey Affleck cannot freaking talk.  He sounds like a pre-pubescent boy with a mouth full of marbles.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:05:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Horribly boring movie
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:05:16 PM EDT
[#6]
A rare second, third, fourth, and fifth post nailed it.

Pitt did have a good performance though.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:06:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A rare second, third, fourth, and fifth post nailed it.

View Quote

This
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:08:03 PM EDT
[#8]
It was like watching paint dry.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:09:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

A rare second and third post nailed it.

View Quote

I think the problem with the movie was they portrayed it to be a action movie in the trailers, and in reality it was a very interesting ride into the mind of a psychopath, and Brad Pitt nailed the role. IF Brad Pitt had done the same role, in a more fast paced action movie, the movie would have done amazingly.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:14:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I think the problem with the movie was they portrayed it to be a action movie in the trailers, and in reality it was a very interesting ride into the mind of a psychopath, and Brad Pitt nailed the role. IF Brad Pitt had done the same role, in a more fast paced action movie, the movie would have done amazingly.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A rare second and third post nailed it.

This is exactly it. It was not meant to be an action movie, instead it was an look into the mind of not only jesse but bob ford. To not appreciate the cinematography, acting, soundtrack and story is a shame.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:15:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Movie sucked.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:16:49 PM EDT
[#12]
It's one of my favorite movies.  I can appreciate movies like that one can tell a story and don't rush to let it unfold.  There was great acting from everyone in the film.  The soundtrack is so good I even purchased it too.  A very haunting feeling to the music.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:17:43 PM EDT
[#13]
In other news, apparently some people believe Jesse James was an innocent victim.

Then again, a good chunk of the population think Trayvon Martin was just out buying Skittles....
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:18:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Certainly is not an action type western, but I enjoyed it none the less.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:19:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

In other news, apparently some people believe Jesse James was an innocent victim.

Then again, a good chunk of the population think Trayvon Martin was just out buying Skittles....
View Quote

I don't get this? Did you see the movie? I don't think anyone could say Jesse was innocent what so ever...
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:19:45 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I don't get this? Did you see the movie? I don't think anyone could say Jesse was innocent what so ever...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Based on the thread title....

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:20:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It was like watching paint dry.
View Quote

In slow motion.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:21:13 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The title of the movie.....?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:24:02 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Didn't know that was the full title of the movie, I thought it was the OP editorializing.  

To me when someone says Jesse James was "assassinated" by a "coward", that to me implies he was gunned down for no reason.

Apologies for the hijack, you may now continue with your regularly-scheduled thread....

BTW, is the movie historically accurate?  If so, then I would be interested in seeing it -- even if it is boring as watching paint dry.  

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:24:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:26:23 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Didn't know that was the full title of the movie, I thought it was the OP editorializing.  

To me when someone says Jesse James was "assassinated" by a "coward", that to me implies he was gunned down for no reason.

Nope gunned down for a very big reason. It's been a while, but the coward part comes from the manner in how he killed Jesse I believe.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:28:46 PM EDT
[#22]
I liked it.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:29:21 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Apologies for the hijack, you may now continue with your regularly-scheduled thread....

BTW, is the movie historically accurate?  If so, then I would be interested in seeing it -- even if it is boring as watching paint dry.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The movie is based on a book, I believe by the same name.  From what I remember reading the author did a good deal of research and is supposed to be pretty historically accurate.  

But technically speaking James was assassinated and there seemed to be a popular belief that Ford was a coward in the way he killed James.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:30:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The movie is based on a book, I believe by the same name.  From what I remember reading the author did a good deal of research and is supposed to be pretty historically accurate.  

But technically speaking James was assassinated and there seemed to be a popular belief that Ford was a coward in the way he killed James.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

correct, for fear of jesse was going to kill him and his brother after finding out they talked and made a deal with the authorities, the coward part was for shooting jesse in the back of the head. although the story and movie seem to show that jesse was aware that he would be gunned down.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:42:31 PM EDT
[#25]
You can not seriously think that was a good movie. That movie was boring as hell, it was like Gravity meets the old west.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:47:07 PM EDT
[#26]
There are people that can sit, watch and appreciate movies like Gods and Generals or Gettysburg and there are those that can't.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:58:03 PM EDT
[#27]
That movie made my eyes bleed, it took years off my life.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:07:57 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

There are people that can sit, watch and appreciate movies like Gods and Generals or Gettysburg and there are those that can't.
View Quote

Incidentally, I liked both of them -- because for the most part they are historically dead-on.  

Now if the movie makers had decided to throw in some unhistorical sub-plot like a hidden gay romance between General Hood and General Longstreet, or a regiment of female black Union soldiers holding Little Round Top, then they'd be nothing but garbage.  Stuff like this is what made Pearl Harbor the worst movie evah.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top