Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2013 1:01:39 PM EDT
So I'm a Telco guy and climb regularly but I'm ready to step out of the $150 boot range and into the big boy linemen style boots so what are the preferred boot??  I've been looking hard at the Wesco's and Redwings but have no way to fit any of them so I just really don't know, what so you??  Been just kicking it in Ariat's
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:35:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Wesco  Highliner with out a doubt however I was able to try on several par to find the right fit. Next time I am in Oregon I plan to get custom fitted for a pair.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:41:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wesco  Highliner with out a doubt if you however I was able to try on several par to find the right fit. Next time I am in Oregon I plan to get custom fitted for a pair.

View Quote

Gotta second this.  The BPA guys I know around here go to Scappoose and get them fitted from the factory.  Rebuildable, too.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:42:05 PM EDT
[#3]
My buddy is a lineman and swears by Redwings.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:45:52 PM EDT
[#4]
My dad was a linemen, he was very proud of it, it takes a real man to do it, good going guys
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:48:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah so far the Wesco Highliner is what I'm really considering.  Damn fine looking and rated boot thus far but really need a way to fit, probably going to give them a call Monday.....
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:58:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Wesco Highliners by far. I had a set of rw that took forever to break in

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:28:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah something  bout the redwings don't look good for pole climbing vs the Wesco that just looks right!!
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:29:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Wesco  Highliner with out a doubt if you however I was able to try on several par to find the right fit. Next time I am in Oregon I plan to get custom fitted for a pair.

View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:31:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I haven't climbed since 2006.

I don't even carry a ladder on my truck anymore.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:38:00 PM EDT
[#10]
A friend of mine is a lineman and he swears by Hoffman boots.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:40:59 PM EDT
[#11]
This is only one option and you haven't done your legwork if you don't try on several, but I sell a lot of LaSportiva Karakorums to linemen. There are other mountaineering boots out there as well that might work.

Also, anyone who says "These are the best!" is wrong and is too emotionally invested in their purchase to give you solid advice. Try on multiple boots. Order them and send them back if you have to, it's an all day, everyday thing so do it right.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:44:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

It should never take "forever" to break in a boot. A boot should be comfortable out of the box and get better. I would never wear a boot expecting it to go from uncomfortable to comfortable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top