Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2013 6:09:04 AM EDT
What do you guys think. I've been pondering getting an Eotech G33 3x magnifier for my Noveske 16" 5.56. I've never had one, is it worth it?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:19:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Can you borrow one and see of you like it first?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:23:20 AM EDT
[#2]
What sight are you going to put it behind?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:27:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I put one of the Larue Po-Boy specials in a flip to the side mount behind my Aimpoint on a 16" AR... I quite like it.

Shame they don't sell that combo anymore... I could use a couple more.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:27:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can you borrow one and see of you like it first?
View Quote

Believe it or not, no one I know has one.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:28:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What sight are you going to put it behind?
View Quote

I already have a Eotech XPS2. Also have the Noveske BUIS.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:28:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Yes, get one.

And get a pouch to mount on your warbelt or whatever to drop it into when you want it all the way out of the way.

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:30:59 AM EDT
[#7]
The only think holding me back from a magnifier is the price.

I would say yes, if the price isnt what is holding you back.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:39:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yes, get one.

And get a pouch to mount on your warbelt or whatever to drop it into when you want it all the way out of the way.

View Quote

Good idea, thanks.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:42:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

No, it's not the price. I'm just not sure if it really makes a huge difference (in regards to long distance sighting ) from not having one.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:43:00 AM EDT
[#10]
I have one of the LaRue Po-boy specials, it works, and I sort of like it. I wish it had more magnification than 2.5x and I flat out REFUSE to pay the going rate for the name brand magnifiers.

If I could get a well made 5X, that would work with my LaRue flip mount, for under $200, I would be happy.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:51:06 AM EDT
[#11]
I have an EoTech 517 the operating buttons are on the side for easier operation with a magnifier.
The Eotech 3x magnifier was way more than I wanted to spend.
I went with a Primary Arms Deluxe 3x magnifier mounted on a Larue quick disconnect swing over mount.
I really like the setup and the extra 3x magnification when I'm shooting "precision" and the ability to swing it out of the way when I'm shooting "tactical".

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:51:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No, it's not the price. I'm just not sure if it really makes a huge difference (in regards to long distance sighting ) from not having one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes it makes a huge difference for precise aiming at distances beyond 100yds.
But I don't like them, weight/bulk, more glass to keep clean. Mine is a cheap one I got to try the concept, it intrduced paralex and had a very small eye relief range, I can't recall the term at the moment, I have not used it in years, also the mount is critical, most of my gripes may be nulified by a higher end unit. Based on my experience, which admttedly may be skewed, I prefer a variable scope for precision with a slight compromise in close up speed to a tandem rig.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:56:08 AM EDT
[#13]
I did, 300 yards was about the farthest I could keep it on steel without magnification,  now that I put the 3X behind the 512 things are a lot nicer.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:38:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

But I don't like them, weight/bulk, more glass to keep clean. Mine is a cheap one I got to try the concept, it intrduced paralex and had a very small eye relief range, I can't recall the term at the moment, I have not used it in years, also the mount is critical, most of my gripes may be nulified by a higher end unit. Based on my experience, which admttedly may be skewed, I prefer a variable scope for precision with a slight compromise in close up speed to a tandem rig.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks! That was another reason I was hesitant. It "looks cool" and all, but it seems like extra weight that I will not use most of the time.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:35:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Thanks! That was another reason I was hesitant. It "looks cool" and all, but it seems like extra weight that I will not use most of the time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ergo, the quick disconnect mount....
I have several AR's with the same optics, a quick disconnect mount for the 3x magnifier allows me to use one magnifier on any of my rifles.

The magnifier doesn't affect the zero or accuracy of the rifle in any way so a QD mount makes it easy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top