Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/26/2013 5:42:56 AM EDT
Have not even gone to walmart in a few months to look for ammo. When I got there the exact same flippers that are always there for months are still sitting around waiting for the ammo. These 5 guys are here every morning. People still paying those outrages prices? I guess they are the ones that don't know better or shop online.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:47:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Love these threads.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:48:10 AM EDT
[#2]

Cause people are still paying..
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:53:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Love these threads.
View Quote

Ya there are a lot of them. Just this time the derp reached new levels. Guys lining up for boxes of 50 stingers.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:53:50 AM EDT
[#4]
How much is a brick of .22 at walmart these days?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:56:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Cause people are still paying..
View Quote

Whoda thought?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:00:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Have not even gone to walmart in a few months to look for ammo. When I got there the exact same flippers that are always there for months are still sitting around waiting for the ammo. These 5 guys are here every morning. People still paying those outrages prices? I guess they are the ones that don't know better or shop online.
View Quote

Remember, there are thousands if not hundreds of thousands of new rifles and pistols that need feeding.

The price is what the market will bear. Period.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:01:07 AM EDT
[#7]
As I covered in another thread by the time you factor in their hours of waiting, drive time, wear and tear on a vehicle, and gas to pick up ammo plus the internet listings, phone calls, drive time, and gas to meet the buyer, they are making about $7 an hour.  Are you willing to spend half your day every day to make $7 an hour?

The buyers are clearly happy paying these guys for their own personal ammo delivery service.  No different than tipping the pizza guy and pizza isn't a hard to find commodity.  The people here bitching about no ammo crack me up.  They are too cheap to pay for it, don't want to spend the time it takes to get it, and then cry like little bitches because they don't have any.  Boo hoo, go join the FSA line with your "I want it without working for it attitude".  

There is still an ammo shortage.  As such items will be hard to come by or expensive to get.  Flippers aren't hoarding, that defeats the purpose of flipping, and flippers aren't forcing people to buy it.  The demand for ammo still far exceeds the supply.

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:23:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
As I covered in another thread by the time you factor in their hours of waiting, drive time, wear and tear on a vehicle, and gas to pick up ammo plus the internet listings, phone calls, drive time, and gas to meet the buyer, they are making about $7 an hour.  Are you willing to spend half your day every day to make $7 an hour?

The buyers are clearly happy paying these guys for their own personal ammo delivery service.  No different than tipping the pizza guy and pizza isn't a hard to find commodity.  The people here bitching about no ammo crack me up.  They are too cheap to pay for it, don't want to spend the time it takes to get it, and then cry like little bitches because they don't have any.  Boo hoo, go join the FSA line with your "I want it without working for it attitude".  

There is still an ammo shortage.  As such items will be hard to come by or expensive to get.  Flippers aren't hoarding, that defeats the purpose of flipping, and flippers aren't forcing people to buy it.  The demand for ammo still far exceeds the supply.

View Quote

very well said. I see you have a good head on your shoulders.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:25:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Was in Walmart last Sunday morning picking up some arrows for the kids, spotted .22 ammo, about 10 bricks.

It was the AR tactical 1,200 fps CCI copper washed in 375 round boxes. $25 each, 3 box limit.

...yes, I got them.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:26:48 AM EDT
[#10]
They have Walmarts in Somalia?  

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:33:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

I bet if you look at their regular income it is probably SS, Disability or some other form of Govt money.  Gotta do something with their free time.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:36:46 AM EDT
[#12]
A small bucket of remington .22s for 200 bucks and yes people are buying them.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:39:33 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

They have Walmarts in Somalia?  

View Quote
They have Walmarts in Detroit and Chicago. If Walmart is willing to open stores there, is it too big of a leap to assume they also open stores in Mogadishu?

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:43:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Really? How quaint, call me when people stop agreeing to those "outrageous" prices.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:49:29 AM EDT
[#15]
For every person that walks away perfectly content with his $200 bucket of .22LR there's probably a few walking away from shooting all together because they can't get ammo.
The more people try and justify that crap the more I see it as bullshit.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:53:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:22:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Several of the LGS around me are still doing this... That or buying online and re-selling. I don't even go to them anymore, for anything. I buy online and save.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:26:37 AM EDT
[#18]
The last remaining lead smelter in the US (Missouri) just shut down.
It's not going to get any better.......
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:37:32 AM EDT
[#19]
im all for making a buck but then i have a real life and job. Even at its height it wasnt worth the hassle imo and the prices have come way down but there are those that will waste their time for not much profit. You can only buy 3 at a time anyway so that compounds the waste of time factor.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:05:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Was in Walmart last Sunday morning picking up some arrows for the kids, spotted .22 ammo, about 10 bricks.

It was the AR tactical 1,200 fps CCI copper washed in 375 round boxes. $25 each, 3 box limit.

...yes, I got them.
View Quote

That's my pet load.

Still waiting for them to show up around here and online by the case.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:09:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Love these threads.
View Quote

Yep, coz I hate a price gouging asshole

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:12:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Love these threads.

Yep. coz of all the whiney bitches.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:19:26 AM EDT
[#23]
This thread needs a dildogedon, cause this is going no where.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:43:26 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote

Last week I bought Federal AutoMatch 40 grain for $19 for a box of 325.

Online the cheapest I've seen that in stock in $59

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:56:19 AM EDT
[#25]
I sold a couple of bricks of Federal for $25 each a few weeks ago.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:44:51 AM EDT
[#26]
One thought I had is that due to the scare, in addition to there being thousands and thousands of new rifles out there, there are also probably thousands of new shooters.  It seems possible there are many who are buying ammo from the flippers who don't know that they are paying ridiculous prices.  

And of course others are just desperate.

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:48:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:02:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For  those  of  you  that  STILL  don't  get  it  , your  head  is  full  of  fuck . ( cue the  jackie  chan pic )
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:03:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

I get 1000 round bricks of Winchester M-22 for $52 with tax. I usually flip them for $125.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:05:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pic of neck?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:06:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I get 1000 round bricks of Winchester M-22 for $52 with tax. I usually flip them for $125.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where is all the flipping going on? Local? Armslist? Gunbroker?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:08:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Phoenix price for that box from a neckbeard is $40.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:09:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Phoenix neckbeard rate for that is $90 and dropping.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:40:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I sold some on Armslist. Between that and other acquaintances, I have a contact list built up. When I pick up some ammo, I just send a mass email with everybody blind copied. I set the prices, and the first to reply gets it. Sometimes, I'll give a small discount to my best buyers.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:44:32 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm one of the newer shooters. .been shooting my whole life, but only fudd calibers liike 30-30 and 12 ga.  I use Walmart prices as my benchmark so that I don't get ripped off, dont feed the gougers, and have some knowledge to haggle on.

I havent seen .22 at Walmart ever, mainly because I got my first 22 rifle in April 2013. I am having no problem finding it at the gun store or sporting good store though, but I'm paying .10 cents a round.

I just don't understand why .22 or is the slowest to recover?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:47:41 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess I should have bought all ten and sold them on backpage for $30.

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:59:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'm one of the newer shooters. .been shooting my whole life, but only fudd calibers liike 30-30 and 12 ga.  I use Walmart prices as my benchmark so that I don't get ripped off, dont feed the gougers, and have some knowledge to haggle on.

I havent seen .22 at Walmart ever, mainly because I got my first 22 rifle in April 2013. I am having no problem finding it at the gun store or sporting good store though, but I'm paying .10 cents a round.

View Quote

Most hoarders and least profit from manufacturing.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 12:07:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Just like how the National Bank Of Change makes a profit.  Volume.        

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 12:19:20 PM EDT
[#39]
several of the LGS have been selling the 550rd boxes for $75-$80

I've bought several from WM for $23
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 12:25:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You can assume that they are still making a profit because they are a still doing it.

When they start to lose money, they will quit doing it.

The Law of Supply and Demand is a Law, not a suggestion.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
How are they still making a profit?

You can assume that they are still making a profit because they are a still doing it.

When they start to lose money, they will quit doing it.

The Law of Supply and Demand is a Law, not a suggestion.

Always concise and accurate, with a bit of wit.  An asset to this community you are.

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 12:28:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Subway in Walmart stop by get sub go wait at ammo counter, list ammo on lunch break ship it out before going home, no time wasted.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 12:28:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Il wait to buy it at normal price, or reload my own  You neckbeards can keep your overpriced ammo. Capitalism works both ways mother fuckers
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 12:33:46 PM EDT
[#43]
I'll admit that months back I bought at panic level prices, but thankfully I was buying 22LR, not 223.  So if I paid $60 for a $15 box, it's not that painful.

Given the level of buying going on for this long, it is really amazing that online ammo still goes so quickly.  Given that online ammo will soon be a thing of the past in NY, I unfortunately have more buying to do.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 12:36:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

neck beards.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 12:39:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I might have bought at $30.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 12:40:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Love these threads.

And don't forget about the turds that defend the whiney bitches, price gouging assholes, ammo whore hoarders,  these are the worst.

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 12:43:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

And don't forget about the turds that defend the whiney bitches, price gouging assholes, ammo whore hoarders,  these are the worst.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Love these threads.

You need to go shooting , so you can relax.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 12:48:58 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm beginning to think that people NEED an econ. class.  We could call it Economics For the ARF Dummy.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 12:51:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I'm beginning to think that people NEED an econ. class.  We could call it Economics For the ARF Dummy.
View Quote

It would really need to be dumbed down.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 1:03:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Il wait to buy it at normal price, or reload my own  You neckbeards can keep your overpriced ammo. Capitalism works both ways mother fuckers
View Quote

This.

I look forward to the day that ammo flippers are forced to go get a real job again.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top