[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
and assholes riding the left lane doing the speed limit or slower.

And we're off and running . . . . .

And speeders, and tailgaters, and aggressive and reckless drivers, and . . . . chunks of concrete.

Stay out of the fucking left lane then!

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z341/GrinPhotoDump/Imagez/smiley-derp_zps333bb3fd.gif

The road rage is strong in this one . . . .

Who said anything about YOUR lane?  Not me.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:04:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Because I swear at 75% of drivers don't use them anymore.
View Quote

It's really hard to put on mascara, yell at the trolls in the back seat, send texts to your BFF and activate the turn signal at the same time.

Gotta have priorities you know.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:04:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I am convinced that cars delivered to dealers Pittsburgh didn't have the turn signal option installed before delivery.

In addition, someone at the PA DOT forgot to order stop signs in Polish, then for some reason after having received them in English, put them up anyway.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:08:03 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And speeders, and tailgaters, and aggressive and reckless drivers, and . . . . chunks of concrete.

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z341/GrinPhotoDump/Imagez/smiley-derp_zps333bb3fd.gif

It isn't "my" lane. It is however the rules of the road to use it as a passing lane. If you're not passing anyone and someone is behind you going at a faster rate of speed in the left lane, why be a dick and not follow the basic code of conduct for driving?

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:13:30 AM EDT
[#5]
But on the bright side, it gets lots of drunken idiots off the road, because if they don't use their signal sober, they aren't likely to use it when drunk (giving PC for a stop).
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:21:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

They will still pull you over for it though and use it as cause for a fishing expedition.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's because cops stopped giving out tickets for not using your turn signal.

They will still pull you over for it though and use it as cause for a fishing expedition.

, i guess were damned if we do and damned if we dont...there is no winning in GD...
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:24:12 AM EDT
[#7]
I learned to quit using turn signals because someone would always change

lanes to cut me off in the direction I was going.

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:25:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
But on the bright side, it gets lots of drunken idiots off the road, because if they don't use their signal sober, they aren't likely to use it when drunk (giving PC for a stop).
View Quote

Meh, PC is whatever non-sense they make up, I've been pulled for not signalling long enough getting onto an exit ramp during prime bar hours (10-3, a time habitual DUIs largely avoid), tell me he didn't pull that out of his ass, and fuck him anyway he was a half mile back and the only other vehicle in sight. It wouldn't bother me half as much if they ever made equipment violation stops during the day.

PS I work swings and probably average a half dozen stops a year, some valid, some b.s., 99% leaving work between 11p-3a, of course I'm sober, so I get warnings, because we all know a sober person driving illegally, improperly, whatever is not dangerous, you have to be drunk for that.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:25:34 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

A lot of the time the turn signal doesn't indicate the actual direction the person will be turning.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe turn signals became optional about six months after they were invented. That was around 1925, I think. Besides, who cares what the turn signal indicates? Look at what the car is doing, not the little, flashing light. The little, flashing light won't total your car when the photons hit you.

A lot of the time the turn signal doesn't indicate the actual direction the person will be turning.  

It's called the "element of surprise".  Some times it's the only way to make a lane change because if you honestly signal your intention some self-absorbed asshole will stomp the gas just to fill that little bit of vacant space.  Nobody gripes because Adrian Peterson gives a head fake before heading through the line but they get all sorts of bent about a turn signal?

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:25:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It isn't "my" lane. It is however the rules of the road to use it as a passing lane. If you're not passing anyone and someone is behind you going at a faster rate of speed in the left lane, why be a dick and not follow the basic code of conduct for driving?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You want to know why they stay there. Cause there listening to Katy Perry or talking on the phone.  Or maybe there left turn is coming up in 10 miles.  People are stuck in a different realm when they drive in the left lane.  The realm of unicorns and rainbows.

Left lane drivers are the worst when the speed limit is 55 too.

That meme is hilarious!
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:34:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Aside from the fact that you've constructed an argument out of thin air, based upon nothing that's been said here, and since this was a turn signal thread, but your rage continues unabated.

So, since we'll be sharing your road, and I'd like to make sure I follow all of YOUR rules, please provide a list of the "rules of the road" that are to be obeyed, and a list of the "rules of the road" that are to be ignored.

So far we have:

Obey

Left lane is for passing

Ignore

Speeding

Tailgating (aka "safe following distance")

Reckless driving

Turn signals

You're angry right now, aren't you?

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:39:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I learned to quit using turn signals because someone would always change
lanes to cut me off in the direction I was going.

View Quote

He's posting here now . . . . .  
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:40:54 AM EDT
[#13]
If you see a signal on around here, it means the driver bumped the lever when they bought the car and have yet to figure out how to turn it off.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:43:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Philadelphia?  New York?  New Jersey?  Delaware?

Pretty much mad max on major highways thereabouts anymore.  And I don't mean to profile minorities, but, ya know.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:43:53 AM EDT
[#15]
I thought this was just a problem on the west side of L.A. where we have a more internationally trained group of drivers. It is inconsiderate to oncoming traffic as well as cars behind you not to flash the turn signal (and worse if you don't actually turn). I try to assess whether an oncoming car will turn left when I am trying to turn left, It helps when they use their flasher to help me ascertain their intent.

We had both driver's education and driver's training in high school. We were taught hand signals as well as to use flashers.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:55:10 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Aside from the fact that you've constructed an argument out of thin air, based upon nothing that's been said here, and since this was a turn signal thread, but your rage continues unabated.

So, since we'll be sharing your road, and I'd like to make sure I follow all of YOUR rules, please provide a list of the "rules of the road" that are to be obeyed, and a list of the "rules of the road" that are to be ignored.
So far we have:

Obey

Left lane is for passing

Ignore

Speeding

Reckless driving

Turn signals

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So far we have:

Obey

Left lane is for passing

Ignore

Speeding

Reckless driving

Turn signals

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 11:36:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I thought this was just a problem on the west side of L.A. where we have a more internationally trained group of drivers. It is inconsiderate to oncoming traffic as well as cars behind you not to flash the turn signal (and worse if you don't actually turn). I try to assess whether an oncoming car will turn left when I am trying to turn left, It helps when they use their flasher to help me ascertain their intent.

We had both driver's education and driver's training in high school. We were taught hand signals as well as to use flashers.
View Quote

It's a problem everywhere.

We all need to put on our big girl panties and accept the fact that it isn't ever going to change.  

Except for the ARWs that will some day, we hope, grow the fuck up.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 12:09:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Even in the left lane it is illegal to go above the speed limit.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:36:14 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Alright Ned Flanders, I'll be sure to take note.

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 2:00:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I should have added this but if I'm an asshole for following the limit(maybe I'm doing 65 in the left because of the semi that's doing 63 in the right) then the person brighting me from behind and laying on the horn because he's running late for the morning special at Starbuck's is an asshole too.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 2:05:26 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

No, they quit teaching that years ago. Along with right turn on red AFTER STOP.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 2:11:52 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Turn signals are a sign of weakness. They broadcast your intent to your opponent on the highway thus giving them time to react to your move and block you.  
View Quote

That's a no-shitter.  I always expect that to happen, so I'll scope out the vehicles around me so that I can keep an eye on them as I turn my turn signal on.  If just one of them starts to make a move into the spot I've scoped out, I'll just immediately merge over.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 2:20:18 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I should have added this but if I'm an asshole for following the limit(maybe I'm doing 65 in the left because of the semi that's doing 63 in the right) then the person brighting me from behind and laying on the horn because he's running late for the morning special at Starbuck's is an asshole too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Go ahead and go the limit: nobody's saying you're an asshole for doing that.  Now staying in the left lane for no reason?  That's asshole behavior, and if you're getting your panties in a bunch because people are thinking you're an asshole, then maybe you should move out of the left lane.  Could be a whole lot more effective than crying because you can't make people think you're not an asshole if you stay in the left lane for no reason.

Simple fix.  Your choice.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 2:23:38 PM EDT
[#24]
What gets me is the person who is sitting waiting to turn left without their signal on, then turns it on just before turning.

Well, no shit, Einstein, I think we've already figured out by now that you're turning.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 2:53:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It's because cops stopped giving out tickets for not using your turn signal.

View Quote

I think this is the case.  About the only time someone gets pulled over here is if their window tint is too dark.  There's apparently an actual standard, but it's enforced by the "I think it's too dark" method.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 3:08:44 PM EDT
[#26]
They quit providing driver's ed altogether.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:38:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you turn into law enforcement when you're in the left lane?
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:46:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Did they quit teaching to use turn signals in drivers ed recently?
View Quote

Yes. Yes, they did. Almost no one uses them anymore.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:05:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I am convinced that cars delivered to dealers Pittsburgh didn't have the turn signal option installed before delivery.

In addition, someone at the PA DOT forgot to order stop signs in Polish, then for some reason after having received them in English, put them up anyway.
View Quote

Most stop signs in this country should be written in Braille.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:11:02 AM EDT
[#30]
It's just part of the selfishness and and no consideration for other people culture lately
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:11:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Pretty sure they canceled driver’s-ed all together…

View Quote

In some schools it's part of the high school gym class curriculum.  What do you expect?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:19:43 AM EDT
[#32]
They still teach it.  Unfortunately all traffic laws are null and void when the driver is on their phone.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:22:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I see people signal all the time.

Usually when they are already halfway through their turn or lane-change.
View Quote

Thats how it is here.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:25:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
What gets me is the person who is sitting waiting to turn left without their signal on, then turns it on just before turning.

Well, no shit, Einstein, I think we've already figured out by now that you're turning.  
View Quote

I do this in dual use lanes.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:28:12 AM EDT
[#35]
BMW made turn signals optional years ago.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:43:29 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Turn signals are a sign of weakness. They broadcast your intent to your opponent on the highway thus giving them time to react to your move and block you.  
View Quote

Nailed it.

You can not use the turn signal for lane changes on highways in urban or suburban areas.  If you do, you will find that the car you just passed that was poking along at 20 mph below the speed limit has speeded up and occupied your blind spot so perfectly that you can't see any part of it.  

Turn signals still work for actual turns.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:44:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Increasingly, if its used, I've seen the opposite signal being used.

Using the right signal and then turning left.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:46:34 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's a Mexican thing.  Left turn signal means "I'm pulling over to the right so you can pass me on the left."

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:46:34 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I've noticed that drivers in the South are particularly bad about not using turn signals. Northern drivers are more aggressive as a group, but they'll at least put a signal on a few nanoseconds before they cut you off.

I postulated a theory a few years ago that Lincoln secretly abolished the institution of the turn signal alongside slavery, thus explaining this phenomenon. It hasn't gotten much traction yet, though.
View Quote
Oh bullshit.

Up north, motorcycle gangs which include cops pull out in front of you and slam on the brakes intentionally so they have a reason to attack you.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:53:48 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I now think that that there is a damn good chance that the carpenter's are usually correct in your case.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:57:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It's really hard to put on mascara, yell at the trolls in the back seat, send texts to your BFF and activate the turn signal at the same time.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I saw one flossing her teeth on Friday.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 9:26:08 AM EDT
[#42]
We are SUPPOSED to use WHAT?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 9:43:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, it's because in many areas, assholes speed up to block your lane change if you do. Mainly around DC, and urban parts of MD, and in VA from Arlington to Front Royal along I66 and along I95 to Richmond. I think south of that drivers make it obvious enough what their intentions are that that they don't need to.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:52:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, mainly just being a smartass to the "get out of the left lane so I can speed" guys. It's fun.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:57:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Amusing to see the road ragers raging when they're not even on the road.

Keyboard ragers.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:03:30 PM EDT
[#46]
I really like the people that use them after they already change lanes.

Thanks dipshit, I figured out you were making a left turn when you moved into the turn lane, flipping on your signal now that you're stopped at the light does jack and shit.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:20:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Never trust a turn signal in Alaska.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top