Cuz cats are better!!!!
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 7:44:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Because they can get away with it
View Quote

That's basically it.

"The critical variable is not the behavior of the dog, but the sense of impunity granted to police officers. They don’t shoot dogs because they have to, but because they can."
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 7:45:39 AM EDT
[#6]
SOP.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 7:45:57 AM EDT
[#7]
For fun and profit of course.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 7:46:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Trolled one of our club members this weekend. He said pepper spray is not reliable and a tazer is not 100% because of the 2 prongs.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 7:47:54 AM EDT
[#9]
This could get interesting, time to make some popcorn!
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 7:48:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That's basically it.

"The critical variable is not the behavior of the dog, but the sense of impunity granted to police officers. They don’t shoot dogs because they have to, but because they can."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's basically it.

Lol.  Put the bong down and stop reading sites like Lew Rockwell.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 7:48:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Because only the best wear the badge, only the best.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 7:49:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Because some people are psychopaths that found a position they can do evil and get away with it.  

Some say there is a very thin line that separates cops and criminals, but I think that Nietzsche said it best, "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you."
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 7:53:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Because cops exude a dense musk of fear.

What?

I thought everybody knew that.  It even says so right there:

...cops exude a dense musk of fear that dogs can probably detect.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/24/2013 7:53:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Because some people are psychopaths that found a position they can do evil and get away with it.  

Some say there is a very thin line that separates cops and criminals, but I think that Nietzsche said it best, "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you."
View Quote

Want the best way to see if someone is full of crap?  See if they quote Nietzche.

Ishot dogs for two reasons.  

To keep someone from getting bit and to collect the bounty.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 7:54:06 AM EDT
[#15]
because dogs can't shot back - if they could these cops would be cowering behind their cruisers and calling for swat.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 7:54:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

You are a 13'er but I agree with you on this one.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 7:55:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

There's some truth to that but it's more that the people who are willing to put themselves in harms way generally have a similar A type personally as the violent criminal types.  And in the midst of the scuffle, on-lookers can't differentiate the two.  

At the risk of sounding too cheesy, what do you think a sheep sees when it sees a dog and a wolf fighting?
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 8:58:49 AM EDT
[#18]
IBTL.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:02:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Because they're JBT who's mommy didn't love them enough and/or their uncle loved them to much.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:03:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Because they're JBT who's mommy didn't love them enough and/or their uncle loved them to much.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:04:07 AM EDT
[#21]
because they can
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:05:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Because the dog was making a move, they had to get it on.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:06:14 AM EDT
[#23]
I hazard to guess that 99% of LEO's do not shoot dogs and indeed often assist when they are mistreated.  So I guess the question to ask is why do so many people mistreat and shoot dogs?  The only people I knew that shot dogs on a regular basis were some rednecks I once worked with.  None of them were cops.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:07:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Why do cops go after dogs?

Cause they can't get any pussy.

ba dum tsa!
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:07:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

What?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

What?

Not sure what musk exudation is, sounds disgusting.  Perhaps a 'roid by-product?
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:07:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Less paperwork than shooting you.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:08:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:12:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Very true, but then the cop who does the shooting in either case didn't do the paperwork on my department. More like less paperwork for the Sergeant.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:14:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I hazard to guess that 99% of LEO's do not shoot dogs and indeed often assist when they are mistreated.  So I guess the question to ask is why do so many people mistreat and shoot dogs?  The only people I knew that shot dogs on a regular basis were some rednecks I once worked with.  None of them were cops.
View Quote

I have rescued a total of 3 dogs myself.  I have taken many more to the pound after breaking leashes and/or escaping so they didn't get run over or shot by a citizen.  I have returned many dogs to their owners.  I have shot zero dogs.  

I guess I need to rethink my ways.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:15:35 AM EDT
[#30]
There's quotas that have to be met.  Like speeding tickets.  

Hey, the dogs aren't going to kill themselves.

eta:

Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:16:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
To not get bit?
View Quote

Or already got bit.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:17:54 AM EDT
[#32]
Well, I guess because they dont want to get chewed on or trip over the dog and empty half a magazine of their full auto m4 into the guys in front of him..

Assumeing the "subject" didnt murder rape or assault someone the Better question is why are they in the "subjects" house at 4AM when they could get him  on the street.

Public safety, thats the old standby. "If bad guys starts shooting/runs on the street people could be hurt."  In other words, We gotta have hit squads to save lives. emmmhmm.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:19:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

FPNI to the fucking wall.  Which is kind of a coincidence when I think about what should be done to people who are supposed to protect and serve but decide to abuse citizens and kill their dogs without a darn good reason.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:20:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Very true, but then the cop who does the shooting in either case didn't do the paperwork on my department. More like less paperwork for the Sergeant.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's even more reason.  Only thing worst then having to do a bunch of paperwork is your boss having to do a bunch of paperwork because of you.  "Well I know it's noon in July and that red light is working fine,  direct traffic anyway."

Poor dags.  Stuff need to be shot and they are easier to shoot.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:21:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Which is kind of a coincidence when I think about what should be done to people who are supposed to protect and serve but decide to abuse citizens and kill their dogs without a darn good reason.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:24:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Just checking zero before we come for you..........
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:30:01 AM EDT
[#37]
too many people don't properly secure their dags.

too many leos don't respect property rights.

Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:31:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Dogs killed my family...
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:33:26 AM EDT
[#39]
In most cases, I think it's because they get to kill something with impunity.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:34:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Dogs killed my family...
View Quote

and stole her arm.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:37:49 AM EDT
[#41]
dogs dont have thumbs!

Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:42:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Not sure what musk exudation is, sounds disgusting.  Perhaps a 'roid by-product?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What?

Whatever it is, I'll bet you this guy can smell it.

Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:43:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Why do cops go after dogs?

Cause they can't get any pussy.

ba dum tsa!
View Quote

what you did there....... i see it.

+1 internets to you my friend
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:44:25 AM EDT
[#44]
the 300-pound emissary of the tax-fattened class insisted that the 12-pound Jack Russell Terrier made him “fear for his life.”
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:50:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Because killing a dog as citizen means you are psychopath.    So they do it for us.

It's for the children!
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 10:00:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
To not get bit?
View Quote

Apparently they are supposed to take the bite(s) and only shoot if its a life threatening bite. Unless its a "pitbull" which may be shot on sight. Unless the pitbull is owned by a veteran in which case it's a therapy dog for PTSD and may never be shot.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 10:04:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Apparently they are supposed to take the bite(s) and only shoot if its a life threatening bite. Unless its a "pitbull" which may be shot on sight. Unless the pitbull is owned by a veteran in which case it's a therapy dog for PTSD and may never be shot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
To not get bit?

Link Posted: 10/24/2013 10:06:02 AM EDT
[#48]
One week off...VA-gunnut  
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 10:08:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
To not get bit?

LOL
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 10:08:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Does your dog hump your leg, or do you hump his?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top