View Quote

With 'roid induced micro-penis?

Well, good on ya!

Link Posted: 10/24/2013 10:12:04 AM EDT
[#2]
So they can read about it on ARFcom...since they are so hated

Link Posted: 10/24/2013 10:12:20 AM EDT
[#3]
So they can go home safe, that is the only reason.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 10:12:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Cuz dog bites hurt, and can bleed a lot?
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 10:18:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Many years ago when I worked for the Gas & Electric company my monthly duties included hopping fences into dog infested yards to shut off people who didn't pay the bill. People knew when we were coming as the shut off date was on the bill. Routinely they would make sure their Rotties, Dobby's and Pits were all left in the yard all day.

I was friends with them all as I carried boxes of dog treats in my service van. Never a house I couldn't shut off and never had to shoot any dogs. An ankle nipper scratched me once and that was my most serious injury. I realize police work is a different animal. Just my experience.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 10:21:25 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Many years ago when I worked for the Gas & Electric company my monthly duties included hopping dog infested fences into yards to shut off people who didn't pay the bill. People knew when we were coming as the shut off date was on the bill. Routinely they would make sure their Rotties, Dobby's and Pits were all left in the yard all day.

I was friends with them all as I carried boxes of dog treats in my service van. Never a house I couldn't shut off and never had to shoot any dogs. An ankle nipper scratched me once and that was my most serious injury. I realize police work is a different animal. Just my experience.
View Quote

While true, that actually proves nothing. 99.999999% of police encounters with dogs turn out the same way as you indicate above.  Its the rare case where some dog attacks (or some idiot over reacts) where a cop shoots a dog.

Link Posted: 10/24/2013 10:23:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

While true, that actually proves nothing. 99.999999% of police encounters with dogs turn out the same way as you indicate above.  Its the rare case where some dog attacks (or some idiot over reacts) where a cop shoots a dog.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Many years ago when I worked for the Gas & Electric company my monthly duties included hopping dog infested fences into yards to shut off people who didn't pay the bill. People knew when we were coming as the shut off date was on the bill. Routinely they would make sure their Rotties, Dobby's and Pits were all left in the yard all day.

I would agree.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 10:23:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Because the dog was making a move, they had to get it on.
View Quote

Furrytive movement...
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 10:24:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Furrytive movement...
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/24/2013 10:25:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Because they are the only ones professional enough to shoot dogs.

Link Posted: 10/24/2013 10:27:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's what?  One in 100 million?

Are there even 100 million cop/vassal encounters each year, dogs involved or not?

May be a bit of exaggeration there . . . . .
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 11:02:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Hahaha...we get more than you can, do you know how many badgebunnies are out there? Like your wife or gf... they see the uniform and want to be taken....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why do cops go after dogs?

Cause they can't get catch any pussy.(cats)

ba dum tsa!

Hahaha...we get more than you can, do you know how many badgebunnies are out there? Like your wife or gf... they see the uniform and want to be taken....

i think it would look better this way for what he meant...

but then,, i could be wrong to..
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 11:09:54 AM EDT
[#13]
The dag shooting is the second in a series of initiations for all police officers. It comes right after the "desk pop" and before the illegal search of a car.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 1:08:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The dag shooting is the second in a series of initiations for all police officers. It comes right after the "desk pop" and before the illegal search of a car.
View Quote

I never got to shoot one.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 1:25:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Unless its a "pitbull" which may be shot on sight.
View Quote

This came in handy this summer. The new neighbors chained their two dogs (one is a pitbull) in the yard all day while they weren't home. The dogs were about 5 feet apart which naturally caused the dogs to bark at each other all day.

I explained the facts of life: If the dogs bark constantly someone will inevitably call the police. If the police are called they will shoot them both.
The neighbors put up a fence. The dogs aren't chained now. Everyone - especially the dogs - is living happily.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 1:28:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you at least get your "desk pop" in?
I got as far as the dag, but not past the illegal search since I was transferred to be a flyer and no more speed enforcement.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 1:53:28 PM EDT
[#17]
National Desk Pop Day is on its way.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 3:11:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I got as far as the dag, but not past the illegal search since I was transferred to be a flyer and no more speed enforcement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah, missed out on that too.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 3:14:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe it's not too late.  Maybe some ride alongs.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 3:17:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have only heard of one desk pop at my agency.  It occurred way before I got there but I am told it went through a wall and through the chair of someone's office.

No one was in the chair thank God.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 3:21:52 PM EDT
[#21]
They've been wanting to kill something for 10 years. It's FO time
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 3:35:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 3:42:57 PM EDT
[#23]
I would venture to say that a dog bite can be potentially fatal and can cause disease.  God knows that most scumbags in the neighborhoods don't vaccinate or have tags for their dogs.
Rabies is 100% fatal.    In most "dog shots" the dog is off the leash and not under positive control by the owner.    The hospital bills for your average dog attacks far outweigh the cost of
a pet.  That's pretty much it.

Pretty simple.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 6:35:33 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Are there even 100 million cop/vassal encounters each year, dogs involved or not?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fair enough, I think I added too many 9s.

I worked through some LAPD numbers a few months ago.

Chance that a cop shoots and kills a person turned out to be roughly 1 in 1 million encounters.  Chance that a cop shoots and kills a dog: 1 in 3 million.

Link Posted: 10/24/2013 6:41:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Penis envy
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:00:46 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm still laughing about "furrytive" movement.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:21:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I would venture to say that a dog bite can be potentially fatal and can cause disease.  God knows that most scumbags in the neighborhoods don't vaccinate or have tags for their dogs.
Rabies is 100% fatal.    In most "dog shots" the dog is off the leash and not under positive control by the owner.    The hospital bills for your average dog attacks far outweigh the cost of
a pet.  That's pretty much it.

Pretty simple.
View Quote

A cops job is talking, reading, driving, note taking, typing, walking, running, sometimes swimming and biking, carrying, grappling, fighting & shooting. I dont think any cop has ever thought to himself, that dog is going to kill me. But we have all realized at some point a dog bite in the wrong nerve or tendon, or resulting in infection, is a career ender. I like dogs, but I like providing for my kids more.  So if I think a dog is going to bite me, goodbye fido.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 7:52:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you work the street?

I've had to shoot several, over the years.  
I wouldn't say I "got" to shoot them.    
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:49:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Did you work the street?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you work the street?

I'm sure every cop COULD shoot a bunch.  Some just pet the dog instead.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:29:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Because the dogs can't fire back?

I would venture to say most shootings of dogs by LE are mainly due to the shooters being big fucking pussies

Several come to mind....

the traffic stop in Tennessee when the driver left his wallet on the roof of the car....when stopped the FAMILY kept telling the officer about the dog...Out comes the dog...and a shotgun bast took care of that.  

Or the deputy stopping by the entrance to a farmhouse....dog runs out to greet him...BANG.  Owner found out about it on a video tape....and confronted LE who did not even say a god damn thing to the owner ...they just left the dog for dead..and took off

As I said...BIG FUCKING PUSSIES

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:24:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Did you work the street?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you work the street?

Yep, 18 years.
Plenty of co-workers shot dogs though.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:29:54 AM EDT
[#32]
Pie.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 2:17:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you work the street?

Do you even go outside?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 2:26:43 PM EDT
[#34]
After the first twenty posts of utter stupidity---I think that we'll all be legally retarded by the time this stupid thread gets to page 3.

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 2:34:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Because they can get away with it
View Quote

Too late for me to say it, but I agree.  Cops do a lot of things they'd arrest us for doing.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:50:03 PM EDT
[#36]
No paperwork involved.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:29:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you work the street?

Some of 'em you can't pet.  If you look at the typical dog owned by the typical person who has a lot of confrontation with police, you'll notice a trend. Typically they are breeds of dog who when not controlled or trained can tend to be aggressive. The type people with lots of police involvement in their life are not the kind to spend time and/or money training their dogs. It's not a family member, it's a possession they own for status/badassness in their ghetto hood.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:39:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Been SOP for decades.
Buddy of mine was SWAT back in the 90's...they did it then....simple elimination of variables when clearing a room.....one less thing that can come bam to haunt them.

Collateral damage....nothing more.
It's not personal and it's not because they enjoy it....it's one less unpredictable thing...simple as that.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:19:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
No paperwork involved.
View Quote

Oh bullshit.  Shooting a dog around here entails:
Offense report (4-6 pages)
Use of force form (2 pages)
Firearms discharge report (1 page)
Memo to supervisor (1-2 pages)
Memo by supervisor to Chief (1-2 pages)
Internal investigation, launched if the shoot looks even the slightest bit hinky (4-10 pages)

Plenty of paperwork, but don't let me dent your delusions.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:27:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No paperwork involved.

That's all there is around here when it comes to dog shootings.

Well, that...and the usual chorus of "at least he went home safe" and the
hordes of unwashed neckbeards who claim that their dog is a "family member";
usually because after living 30 years in their parents' basement, they really haven't developed
meaningful relationships with other human beings.  So...in a weird and sad way, a dog is probably
some sort of screwed up family member to them.

Well; that...and the lamp that they love (that's part of their family, TOO!)

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:44:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Been SOP for decades.
Buddy of mine was SWAT back in the 90's...they did it then....simple elimination of variables when clearing a room.....one less thing that can come bam to haunt them.

It's not personal and it's not because they enjoy it....it's one less unpredictable thing...simple as that.
View Quote

Why not just kill everyone in the room?  Afterall.....they are only people right?

Just eliminating the unpredictables such as children, wives, grandparents, family friends, etc.

You do realize how fucked up you sound right?

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:28:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Why not just kill everyone in the room?  Afterall.....they are only people right?

Just eliminating the unpredictables such as children, wives, grandparents, family friends, etc.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Been SOP for decades.

Sounds par for the course when you militarize the police.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:02:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

usually because after living 30 years in their parents' basement, they really haven't developed
meaningful relationships with other human beings.  So...in a weird and sad way, a dog is probably

http://i43.tinypic.com/4sy6vl.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No paperwork involved.

http://i43.tinypic.com/4sy6vl.jpg

I can see a dog being a family member. It's a living, breathing, animal, that has been domesticated as a human companion for thousands of years.

I joined the US Army as an MP in 1983.
I have been at my current LE job for 20 years.

0 dogs shot, or shot at by me in that time.

OTOH, I also am not a chew toy for an angry dog.

During that time I have run into more than a few dog owners who REFUSE to put their dog in a kennel, basement, other room etc, when they are going stupid over LE being in their territory.

It would get worse if it became an arrest situation.

Not to mention some owners that keep dogs for "protection" and reward them for being aggressive to people.

But let's all assume that LE is shooting dogs, regularly, frequently, and without cause.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:15:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Been SOP for decades.

Once you give them cargo pants there's no going back.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:17:09 AM EDT
[#45]
History is littered with out of control LE shooting not only dogs....but people as well.

Care to discuss the Cato intitute raid map?

I know of several SWAT teams that have killed an innocent due to WRONG addresses.  Not just shooting them once....but numerous times.

Sorry but LE is out of control.  They have forgotten about the Bill of Rights and Constitution.  There are two attitudes common in LE these days

1.  Us Against Them
2.  Guilt before Innocence.

There is no other way to explain the numerous botched raids as well as shootings of familiy pets, etc.    

They truly feel they are ABOVE the law.  

I am sorry to see that the FUCKUPs in LE have screwed it up for the Common sense, hard working, honest LE personnel.  

LE has become an extension of the state designed to fleece the people ...i.e...speed traps, forfeiture of personal belongings that just so happen to be sold by the department to fund things like operating expenses, etc.

sorry to all the blue line lovers...but you created this mess in the public eyes

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:18:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
There are two attitudes common in LE these days
1.  Us Against Them
View All Quotes
Quoted:
There are two attitudes common in LE these days
1.  Us Against Them

These days?

Quoted:
I am sorry to see that the FUCKUPs in LE have screwed it up for the Common sense, hard working, honest LE personnel.

They never screwed up anything for me.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:23:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Because dogs are an unnecessary distraction that can get a cop and innocent bystanders killed.  Even small dogs yap hysterically and can hurt small children.  Lock your dag up when the man in blue arrives.  Or he will remove the distraction for you.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:23:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
History is littered with out of control LE shooting not only dogs....but people as well.

Sorry but LE is out of control.  They have forgotten about the Bill of Rights and Constitution.  

LE has become an extension of the state designed to fleece the people ...i.e...speed traps, forfeiture of personal belongings that just so happen to be sold by the department to fund things like operating expenses, etc.

View Quote

Do you understand the irony of playing the us vs them argument while posting stuff like this in the same post?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:24:25 AM EDT
[#49]
So another civil servant can go home safely at night.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:26:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Because dogs are an unnecessary distraction that can get a cop and innocent bystanders killed.  Even small dogs yap hysterically and can hurt small children.  Lock your dag up when the man in blue arrives.  Or he will remove the distraction for you.
View Quote

If they give you a chance to secure the dog.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top