Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/13/2002 9:22:34 AM EDT
Over on the SPR thread

alive45acp said..

Ok, now that this is settled will someone explain to me the ending of the newest Planet of The Apes? I'm sure it won't take long.
-Luther

Which brings me to the BIG problem I had with the movie......

WHERE THE F DID THE HORSES COME FROM!???

As far as I know the space ship had apes of various types. ( never saw any gorillas orangs but I will suspend disbelief for this point)

BUT HORSES???

There would be no logical reason to have horses on the ship.....so how did they get to the planet??

Link Posted: 11/13/2002 9:38:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I was thinking the same thing... about both the ending and the Horses.
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 9:47:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 9:52:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Hmmm... That ending idea is a possibility, however, I thought that he pushed forward in time to where he crashed, while his ship crashed in his normal present, or possibly further back in time...
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 12:29:18 PM EDT
[#4]
The "Ape-Lincoln" statue was the image of the evil monkey, General Thade (played by Tim Roth).  So, he must have (somehow) gone back in time, but farther than that ass-puppet Mark Wahlberg, so he subordinated human society to a new society of apes.

Anyway, the sequel will have General Thade repeatedly ass-raping Marky Mark with a police baton in a detention cell.  At least that's what I wrote in the script I sent to Tim Burton.
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 12:35:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 12:54:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ever think that the Lincoln statue was a knock on good ol' Abe?
View Quote

Of course it was.  The whole underlying subject of the movie is slavery.  What head of state has always been synonymous with slavery in this country? Who is the only head of state to be associated with those who are [i]STILL[/i] screaming:[i][green]"Victim! Look at me, look at me! I'm a victim! Pay ME! 40 acres and a Bentley baby!"[/green][/i] [size=1]Thats another subject....[/size=1]
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 1:08:19 PM EDT
[#7]
What?  No one has said

[b]"Damn, dirty ape"[/b]

in this whole thread.  I am disappointed.
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 1:14:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Kinda makes me want to go out and buy a HighPoint carbine!

Damn dirty apes had them in the future, so they must hold-up pretty good.

Hey, I never saw any ammo factories in PoftheA...Where did they get it?
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 1:19:51 PM EDT
[#9]
[b]All your DAMN dirty apes are belong to us![/b][:D]

(Edited at lostwildcat's recommendation.)
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 1:22:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I know that in the original planet of the apes, it was the earth in the future, hence the statue of liberty at the end.

But I thought in the new movie that it wasnt Earth, I mean they were in the middle of space when he crashed into that planet....

I dont know, it was just a crappy movie.
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 1:24:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 1:27:45 PM EDT
[#12]
[img]http://12.230.188.231/images/mjapes.jpg[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top