Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2002 9:35:58 AM EDT
Anyone see Panic Room? I watched it the other day on pay per view.

I need to get me one of those.

What kind of cases were those? The ones with all the supplies.
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 9:43:20 AM EDT
[#1]
All that stuff in there,
there wasn't even a .38 snub.
Of course that would have made it a 15 min movie. I'd like to see a Panic Room 2, with advisors from the AR 15 board.
Lebrew
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 9:43:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 9:54:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
All that stuff in there,
there wasn't even a .38 snub.
Of course that would have made it a 15 min movie. I'd like to see a Panic Room 2, with advisors from the AR 15 board.
Lebrew
View Quote

That's the ticket. My Mom asked me if I was going to rent it. I said "No. I would be pissed off the whole movie that she didn't have a shotgun and AR15 in the panic room!"

If she had an AR, the movie would go like this:
1. Run to the Panic Room.
2. Close door.
3. Load AR with 30 round mags and Q3131A.
4. Open door.
5. [size=4]Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang...[/size=4]
6. Repeat steps 2 - 5 until no more bad guys.
7. Close door.
8. Go to sleep.
9. Movie over

Now that's a movie I would rent! [:D]
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 10:15:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Was it worth renting and sitting through?
View Quote

If you believe watching people cower is interesting then go for it. They never could have made that movie if it was set in LA.
Scene: A quiet cul de sac not far from the West Pearl River.

"Knock BAM!" The door is broken in.
The lady of the house yells at her daughter "Go to your room and call 911 now!" as she runs to her bed room.
Three goons pursue her to her bedroom, just as they reach the door, "Clack, clack, BOOM!"
Goon #1, "AGHHHHHH! That blue eyed devil bitch shot me!"
Goon #2, "Fuck this!" and flees with goon #3 leaving their injured friend.
30 minutes later a St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's deputy shows up. Brushing the powdered sugar off of his pants he enters the domicile after announcing himself.
"Hello ma'am, what is wrong?."
"Hello, I just shot some jackass who broke into my home."
"I see that. Nice shot. You mind if I check to see if you have any outstanding warrants?"
"Feel free."  
The end.
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 12:04:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Would have been different if it was my wife doing the shooting.  It would have gone like this:

Crash (door broken in)
Wife to bedroom, dial 911, inform Sheriff.
Goon comes into bedroom.
Bam, Bam.
Goon #1 is silent.

(You should have seen her test target after I sent her to the Firearms course at the Sporting Goods store - some good shooting)

Goons #2 and 3 would hope to be sprinters if they wanted to keep breathing.
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 12:16:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Panic Room.

Yet another piece of crap from the Hollywood liberal crowd trying to teach people NOT to rely on themselves to take care of business.  Look at the title:  Panic Room.  

step 1.  lock yourself in a little room.
step 2.  panic.
step 3.  if intruders don't leave, see step 4.
step 4.  repeat.

The left has a similar plan if you lose your job:

step 1.  lose job.
step 2.  panic.
step 3.  apply for unemployment.
step 4.  if phone does not ring with new job offer, see step 5.
step 5.  join non-profit political action group for minimum wage protesting large corporations who caused you to lose your job in the first place.
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 12:56:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I enjoyed watching this movie with my parents and saying, "How come that idiot doesn't get her AR-15?"
My parents just looked me funny and said "she'll call the police, silly."
I then responded, "Before or after they rape her and kill her daughter? If it was my house, this movie would last 3 seconds."

Panic room is the most pro-gun movie I have ever seen. The bad guys want her, they are going to get her and they guy with the gun is the one calling all the shots. If I was a woman, buying a firearm would be first thing I would do after watching this movie.

Link Posted: 11/7/2002 1:15:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Check out the trailer:

About 3/4 way down on right.

[url]http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/panicroom/[/url]
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 3:39:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I didn't say it was a good movie. I just liked the supplies stocked up in the room. I always thought of digging a secret room off my basement to store SHTF stuff.
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 3:51:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a panic room.  It's the bedroom where I keep my 1911 cocked and locked. [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top