Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/10/2013 4:10:24 AM EDT
I have been scratching my head for the last 2 weeks wondering why Obama, Boehner, Petraeus, etc etc have been beating the war drums.  All this talk about tomahawk missiles, positioning warships, vote by congress, etc etc.  This has been polled on the left and right with very poor results.  

Could the truth be that this is just all posturing?   Could this be all very carefully scripted?  A plot and ploy by high ups in the military to scare the shit out of Asad
only to give him an "out" by giving up all chemical WMD's.  Isn't this what the US and the world wants in the first place?  No blood shed, no boots on the ground,
not one missile launched.

Discuss.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:12:29 AM EDT
[#1]
FBHO

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:14:19 AM EDT
[#2]
fpni
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:14:25 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I have been scratching my head for the last 2 weeks wondering why Obama, Boehner, Petraeus, etc etc have been beating the war drums.  All this talk about tomahawk missiles, positioning warships, vote by congress, etc etc.  This has been polled on the left and right with very poor results.  

Could the truth be that this is just all posturing?   Could this be all very carefully scripted?  A plot and ploy by high ups in the military to scare the shit out of Asad

only to give him an "out" by giving up all chemical WMD's.  Isn't this what the US and the world wants in the first place?  No blood shed, no boots on the ground,

Discuss.
View Quote
if you see a chick bent over with her pants down, would you zip up and leave?

in this case the chick is o and asad is behind him

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:15:05 AM EDT
[#4]
FPNI
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:15:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Discuss.
View Quote

Did the same thing happen in round 1?
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:15:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Discuss.
View Quote

Not  chance. If it were not for true conservatives in Congress like Rand Paul,bombs would have already been dropped.  
Assad is definitely smarter than BHO.  Watch the Charlie Rose interview with O followed by Assad from last night.  There is no question who of those three is the smartest.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:15:53 AM EDT
[#7]
FBHO couldn't poor piss out of a boot if the instructions were on the heel....he's DUMB.. no way could he pull off a "movie" like plot and get away with it...Benghazi, IRS, NSA, gun control, all have been failures of epic stupidity.  His mouth got him into Syria and probably will get him out as well
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:16:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:17:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Obungo's problem is refuses to appoint cabinet members with opposing views.  He has surrounded himself with people who think and act just like him so they always arrive at the same answer.  He is incredibly short sighted because of this, but this is what happens when a community organizer is elected president.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:18:25 AM EDT
[#10]
FPNI
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:18:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A piece of dog shit in the yard is smarter than Obama.
View Quote

Well said.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:19:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Well said.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well said.

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:19:09 AM EDT
[#13]
So, let's see, we have a pariah country brutally suppressing a rebellion and we're going to put it under UN mandate to do away with all their WMD. We're not going to attack them if they refuse, tho, so maybe we'll use...hmm....sanctions! That's it! Maybe we could let them trade some, I don't know, oil or something for food and medicine and such, but that's all! I'm sure they'll cave quickly and verifiably and everything will work out fine.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:20:28 AM EDT
[#14]
No. He is an idiot.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:20:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
FBHO couldn't poor piss out of a boot if the instructions were on the heel....he's DUMB.. no way could he pull off a "movie" like plot and get away with it...Benghazi, IRS, NSA, gun control, all have been failures of epic stupidity.  His mouth got him into Syria and probably will get him out as well
View Quote

Pour. Just saying.

Edited to add: FBHO
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:22:52 AM EDT
[#16]
IMO, Syria would be a non-issue if O didn't need some distractions from his domestic agenda.

Kinda hard to get people excited about defunding Obamacare when there's talk of war.

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:24:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:24:04 AM EDT
[#18]
If it's all just a trick, it isn't to trick Assad.  It's to trick the American public.  I haven't figured it out yet either.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:24:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Wasn't President Obama awarded a Nobel Peace Prize?
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:25:07 AM EDT
[#20]
zero is not that smart.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:26:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Its a diversion. The trains are coming! FBHO
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:27:46 AM EDT
[#22]
While the US is stepping all over its dick, Russia makes out like a bandit.   Russia allowed to come in and secure the WMD's and replace them with 100x the regular shipments of tanks, AK's, mines, ammo,

Russia has a new annexed county....Syria.   Say hello to the "Cuba of the Middle East"
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:27:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Discuss.
View Quote

Smarter than you? Definitely if you are scratching your head over this. All of the things you postulate could have been more effectively accomplished without announcing he was seeking the approval of Congress. Everything, from the lack of subtlety with Asad, bush league feuding with Putin, red line drawing, down to the latest ... Secretary Kerry's "unbelievably small" efforts ... scream amateur hour.  Weak vacillation is never to be confused for subtlety.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:28:21 AM EDT
[#24]
FBHO
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:31:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Obama is a fucking idiot. Putin and Asad teamed up on his sorry ass, and shut his big, fucking mouth big time, and in the process, made us look like shit in front of everybody. Fuck Obama.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:33:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree he couldn't possibly have invented this whole thing.

But, I disagree over the intelligence factor. Just cuz we vehemently disagree with commie-fuck-wads, doesn't mean they're dumb - and we continue to think they are at our peril.

For example, look how they've managed to keep all the "scandals" you mentioned under wraps. Not one fucking tiny bit of accountability or transparency - despite claims to the contrary. Sure. the media's on their side, but they've somehow managed to stymie every attempt to gt to the truth in congress.

I think they're smart - sinister-smart - and, as conservative, patriotic, pro-2A Americans, we're in grave, grave danger: individually and collectively.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:33:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:33:56 AM EDT
[#28]
I figure it's all just a shiny object to pull attention away from the "phony scandals". Never mind he spent millions upon millions repositioning assets to do it.

I hate to break it you some of you but that was not dumb. This "crisis" is worth a couple more months of headlines as the details of the Russian proposal are hashed out and spun into the USA's idea in the first place..

Teflon wins again.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:34:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:35:28 AM EDT
[#30]
That's pretty much what Rachel Maddow said last night.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:36:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:36:21 AM EDT
[#32]
FPNI.

No, he's not smarter.  He wants destabilization of the Middle East and WW III.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:37:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Discuss.
View Quote

You're basing this on the assumption that he actually cares whether or not Assad has CBRN weapons.

Obama does't care unless appearing to care serves another purpose.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:38:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I don't think he's that smart.

If he were smart he would have had that option on the table in the first place and led the charge on removing the WMD's right from the very start.

Good play by the Russians.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Discuss.

I don't think he's that smart.

If he were smart he would have had that option on the table in the first place and led the charge on removing the WMD's right from the very start.

Good play by the Russians.

Wouldnt have worked for Hussein without the real threat of bombing. Thats why he went that route. The whole thing is a sham designed to make Hussein look like a genius to the dullards of the world .

MSM will play this up bigtime.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:38:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You think the buffoonery we've seen on this Syria thing was a deliberate plot?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Discuss.

You think the buffoonery we've seen on this Syria thing was a deliberate plot?

YES
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:38:54 AM EDT
[#36]
OP, you're not a member of the JournoList by any chance, are ya?
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:39:00 AM EDT
[#37]
As far as intellectual capacity, I'd certainly give it to Assad over the dope smokin', crack snortin' C- student that occupies the White House.

Given this latest news bit this morning:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-57602144/france-to-table-u.n-resolution-based-on-russias-syria-chemical-weapons-proposal/
Assad is smart enough to recognize FBHO is stupid enough to start a conflict.

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:40:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:43:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I figure it's all just a shiny object to pull attention away from the "phony scandals". Never mind he spent millions upon millions repositioning assets to do it.

I hate to break it you some of you but that was not dumb. This "crisis" is worth a couple more months of headlines as the details of the Russian proposal are hashed out and spun into the USA's idea in the first place..

Teflon wins again.
View Quote

By and large, this is the answer.

The "red line" statement was an unplanned utterance that Obama thought would score political points at home by making him look tough.  He never expected to be called on it.  

Once he was called on it, everything that has followed has been one misstep after another.  

Quite simply, and to steal a phrase, never attribute to malice what can be explained by incompetence.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:44:36 AM EDT
[#40]
You give him way too much credit.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:45:35 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View Quote
You're Great!!!

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:46:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I'm sorry...I'm unable to see how looking like a bungling retard is some sort of clever plot.

I just see incompetence and lack of resolve. Pretty sure that's what the rest of the world sees, too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
YES

I'm sorry...I'm unable to see how looking like a bungling retard is some sort of clever plot.

I just see incompetence and lack of resolve. Pretty sure that's what the rest of the world sees, too.

When is the last time reality had ANYTHING to do with how Hussein was portrayed to the American public??

The dullards of this country will eat this story up.

The MSM will have Hussein looking like Churchill by the end of the week.

People keep confusing reality with what is reported.

They also seem intent on believing that shit isnt planned out,

You really think Kerry went "off script"????  Come on , these fucksticks dont tell their ole ladies they love them if it isnt in the script
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:46:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Russia's/Putin game plan may save the day.

They deserve the applause.

BHO fools  will do what they do best and claim credit.

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:49:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
FBHO couldn't pour piss out of a boot if the instructions were on the heel....he's DUMB.. no way could he pull off a "movie" like plot and get away with it...Benghazi, IRS, NSA, gun control, all have been failures of epic stupidity.  His mouth got him into Syria and probably will get him out as well
View Quote

I agree.  Epic stupid.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:50:03 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well said.

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:51:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
FPNI.

No, he's not smarter.  He wants His masters want destabilization of the Middle East and WW III.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:52:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well said.

And attracts less flies.

I would remind the OP that he is talking about Mr. 57 States, the breathlyzers for asthmatics guy, you remember, the guy who babbles incoherently or invents phantom ihecklers to argue with when the teleprompter goes down.

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:57:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Not a chance.    When something does not add up, I look for alternative answers.  I am not sure if it was the French being 100% supportive or an
anti war senator now being a war mongering president but my spidey sense has been tingling.  

And FBHO.  

Quoted:
OP, you're not a member of the JournoList by any chance, are ya?
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 5:02:38 AM EDT
[#49]
Think about what is going to happen the 1st of next month.  That's right.....  You don't know or forgot about it because of Syria.  He is taking heat off of his legacy.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 5:05:32 AM EDT
[#50]
I would not be surprised at all if Obama sends Syria a ton of money and aid.....

The ball was clearly over Obama's head ( Obama is clearly not game ready ) and he was lucky that Putin was able to catch the pass and score.....   Avoiding for a while, WW3.

Putin and Assad should take the Peace Prize for their game play.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top