Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2013 5:56:51 PM EDT
Or run with native Win 8 security package?
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:39:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Kaspersky all the way. It consistently ranks #1 in testing by www.av-comparatives.org.  I have been selling them for a year in my computer shop. Have heard other shop owners say that they have never had a computer come back with an infection after putting Kaspersky on it. Don't buy it at wal-mart, you can get it on amazon for about half the price.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:51:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I use Webroot. I'm not any sort of IT professional though.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:53:27 PM EDT
[#3]
" />
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:55:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been happy w/the Kaspersky internet security package for the past few years...no viruses/trojans of any type since I installed it on our PCs.  It does seem a 'little' slow to load up...but it works smoothly.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:01:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Kaspersky.  I made the move to it when Norton got broken into and could not even run due to the virus.  Kaspersky can be run from the CD allowing a scan and repair before even loading it to the hard drive.  Made repairing the problem I had much easier than wiping the drives and starting over from scratch.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 12:47:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I have to renew my Kaspersky.  Anyone have a discount code?  Please email or IM if you can help out.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 12:50:25 PM EDT
[#7]
CA... Lowest process and systems utilization I've found.

If you don't care about performance during a scan, Bit Defender Total Platinum Ninja Edition.

Kapersky was always a bit slow getting fixes and updates out IMO.  And WebRoot which they're running on some boxes where I work seems to have a memory leak leading to excessive restarts. (more than two a week)
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 12:55:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Or run with native Win 8 security package?
View Quote

Bitdefender and Kapersky have some of the highest ratings of all the companies I believe.. Avast is good too.

Top Top