Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2002 4:43:12 AM EDT
This Sunday's (3 November) episode of The Simpsons is the 13th installment of their annual Treehouse of Horror episode and includes a story of Homer getting cloned, a parody of The Island of Dr. Moreau, and, I quote: "a segment where Lisa gets guns banned from Springfield - with horrific results"
This show is not as anti-gun as some make it out to be.  In a previous Treehouse of Horror episode, Lisa wishes on a magic monkey claw for world peace.  Once all the weapons are destroyed, aliens take over using slingshots.  "Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons".  It is up to Moe to save the Earth by using a board with a nail in it.  Then there is the episode when Homer gets a gun.  Sure, Homer is a dolt, but EVERYONE ELSE in town has a gun.  NRA meetings are parties, not political rallies.  The neighborhood watch, armed to the teeth, beats the police to a crime scene.  And once Marge convinces Homer to throw the gun away, she gets it out of the garbage and puts it in her purse.  I wouldn't say The Simpsons is a bastion of pro-gun sentement, but it's WAY more realistic on the issue than, say, The West Wing.  
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 4:46:48 AM EDT
[#1]
A good one was when Lisa didn't want to eat animals and the sheep or some animal said, "don't eat me".
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 4:58:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I remember when Homer got a gun.  He sat on the park bench outside the Fun Store for 5 days.  I have to believe that is what I do when I FINALLY get my first sidearm.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 5:07:56 AM EDT
[#3]
"BloodBath & Beyond". Best gun store name [b]EVER[/b]!!!!!

Scott

Link Posted: 11/1/2002 5:41:17 AM EDT
[#4]
But when Homer got his gun he was using it to turn the chanel on the TV and turn lights on and off, funny as hell episode.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 5:44:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Say, isn't that an Aerosmith tune, "Homer's got a gun"? [;)]
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 6:04:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Homer: I'd like your deadliest gun please.

Store owner: Isle six, next to the sympathy cards.

That line is funny as hell!

It would actually piss me off if The Simpsons didn't make fun of EVERYONE at one time or another, they didn't just single out gunowners.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 3:11:49 PM EDT
[#7]
i liked that episode "silencer,loudner, and this is for shooting down police helicopters, oh i wont need that ..... yet"
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 3:23:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Doh! Stoopid brain.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 3:29:01 PM EDT
[#9]
five days........but I'm angry now.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 3:37:47 PM EDT
[#10]
The grocery store scanner does not actually read NRA4EVER.  That was a gag in a single episode.  Groening is a raving liberal in real life.

Just thought I'd get that out of the way.  Someone always posts "Matt Groening is definitely pro gun!  NRA4EVER on the grocery scanner!"
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 5:38:09 PM EDT
[#11]
[b]Homer[/b]: But I have to have a gun!  It's in the Constitution!
[b]Lisa[/b]: Dad!  The Second Amendment is just a remnant from revolutionary days. It has no meaning today!
[b]Homer[/b]: You couldn't be more wrong, Lisa.  If I didn't have this gun, the King of England could just walk in here any time he wants, and start  shoving you around. [pushing Lisa] Do you want that? [pushing her harder] Huh?  Do you?
[b]Lisa[/b]: [quietly indignant] No...

episode 905...classic...Homer joins the NRA  

[url]http://www.snpp.com/episodes/5F01[/url]  
     scroll to the end for script  
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 5:38:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I think that NRA episode was pro-gun...remember Lenny showing his Sport Utility Rifle (AR-15)and saying that it would be good for todays super-predators the electric eel and flying squirel..too effin funny.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 5:50:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Homer:  A gun is not a weapon, Marge.  It's a tool.  Like a butcher knife, or a harpoon, or...uh, a...an alligator.  You just need more education on the subject.  Tell you what.  You come with me to an NRA meeting, and if you still don't think guns are great...we can argue some more.

Link Posted: 11/1/2002 6:25:12 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm almost tempted to get a "Loudener" made in real life...

That wouldn't be a NFA item would it :)
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 6:34:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm almost tempted to get a "Loudener" made in real life...
View Quote

That would be a postban muzzle brake.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 7:22:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Another great one-liner was "I felt this incredible surge of power, like God must feel when he's holding a gun"
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 7:55:04 PM EDT
[#17]
"See Marge, this is the trigger, and this is the thing you point at what every you want to die..."
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 8:04:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Many people say that episode was ant-gun, but remember at the end everyone in town (Dr. Hibbert, Moe, et al) are gun owners and actually reprimand homer for being unsafe.

MOE: Guns are only for family protection, hunting dangerous or delicious animals, and keeping the king of England out of your face!
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 8:13:51 PM EDT
[#19]
What was the episode where Homer's brother was handing out gifts. He gave Bart a membership to the NRA. Bart rattled off something about being able to own cyanide tipped armor piercing bullets for his flame throwing machine gun( or something like that). Homer's brother said, " It's in the Constitution."
I totally slaughtered this one, a little help please.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 8:20:21 PM EDT
[#20]
That was the episode where Homer discovers he has a half brother living in Michigan (herb). He owns a car company and is rich. Herb gets bart a membership to the NRA-

Herb: Bart, I got you a membership to the NRA.
Bart Cool! Can I get a machine gun?
Herb: It's all in the COnstitution!

Homer later destroys Herb's company by creating a car which the company puts all their money into. the car is a failure and plays La kookaracha (i know is deplled that horribly) when you press the horn.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 9:40:10 PM EDT
[#21]
I was in a hobby store the other day, they actally have a plastic model kit of Homers Super Car from that eoisode.  and yes I did but it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 11:51:08 PM EDT
[#22]
The Marge drives a "Canyonero" SUV episode was good too.

Also the "Itchy and Scratchy" amusement park episode.  Anyone catch that Ku Klux Klam stuffed animal in the store?
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 11:56:19 PM EDT
[#23]
If anyone watches The Family Guy, a hilarious show, (is it still on?), they had an episode where guns were all banned in the town.  Then some monsters (aliens, I think) easily took over.

In one scene, the aliens are running around, and a guy turns to his buddy and says "do you remember the other day when you asked me the definition of irony?"

Very funny...
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 2:33:36 AM EDT
[#24]
HKocher, you beat me to it!  ROFL!  My wife and I laughed for 10 minutes after seeing that episode of Family Guy.
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 4:06:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
That was the episode where Homer discovers he has a half brother living in Michigan (herb). He owns a car company and is rich. Herb gets bart a membership to the NRA-

Herb: Bart, I got you a membership to the NRA.
Bart Cool! Can I get a machine gun?
Herb: It's all in the COnstitution!

Homer later destroys Herb's company by creating a car which the company puts all their money into. the car is a failure and plays La kookaracha (i know is deplled that horribly) when you press the horn.
View Quote

You're running two episodes together. Herb got Bart the NRA membership in the second episode he was in. When he invented the "baby translator" and got rich again.....

Scott

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top