Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2013 12:28:47 PM EDT
I will admit I have never had a dog that needed a groomer until now. Is it customary to tip? I don't want to be a dick.

If yes how much for a small dog like a shit zoo
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 12:30:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I will admit I have never had a dog that needed a groomer until now. Is it customary to tip? I don't want to be a dick.
View Quote

I do tip but our groomer also happens to be the breeder we got our dog from and she is always giving us stuff for free because he was one of her babies. We get free nail clippings and baths about every other month so we take pretty good care of her.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 12:32:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Just the tip
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 12:34:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Generally, yes.  Most people do tip their dog groomers if they have any direct interaction with them.

I say "if you have any direct interaction with them" because some folks take their pets to chain places like "Pet Smart" where you might never actually meet or even see the actual "groomer".

I can't really recommend a typical percentage or anything because my wife takes care of all that with her (errm... I mean "our") punt puppy.  

I do love that critter but they're the gift that keeps on giving.  

Link Posted: 7/27/2013 12:39:32 PM EDT
[#4]
If you are pleased with the work, yes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top