Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 7/26/2013 10:36:23 AM EDT
For those too young to remember, Jim Crow laws provided that blacks would have separate but equal facilities. They led to school segregation, separate drinking fountains, separate seating on buses, etc.

Blacks today, led by their holy men Sharpton, Jackson and X, continue to insist on separate representation, as evidenced by the Black Mayors Assoc., the Congressional Black Caucus, the Black Firefighters Assoc., the Black Leadership Council, the NAACP, National  Black Chamber of Commerce, etc., etc. They even have a Black Miss America and their own holidays (Kwanzaa, Juneteenth, Black History Month, etc.) and their own dress, customs and music.

They don't want non-blacks involved in these organizations or practices in any way (i. e., separate), and they definitely want their organizations to be as powerful as any non-black organization (i. e., equal). So, isn't this just Jim Crow?

If black leaders insist on separating themselves culturally and politically from the other 87% of the country, I think we have de facto Jim Crow now.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:37:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:37:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:38:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I ain't touching this one.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:38:13 AM EDT
[#4]
About what you just wrote.......
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:39:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

IBTB
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:39:11 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I ain't touching this one.
View Quote

You could still touch the white only one, couldn't you?

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:39:16 AM EDT
[#7]
There is a big difference between a race separating themselves by choice and being forced to by the government.

Also

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:39:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:40:11 AM EDT
[#9]
This thread will implode shortly.

After getting robbed and beaten for the second time while waiting for the bus to go grocery shopping,
my elderly father suggested that the system be resegregated.

And no, he wasn't kidding.

It doesn't serve the public if half the public is afraid to ride it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:40:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Well, it was nice knowing ya.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:41:24 AM EDT
[#11]
WTF kind of thread is this?

I'm a white guy married to a black woman with a mixed race infant son who looks mildly Italian.  How are we supposed to go to lunch if she has to sit in the "colored" section and me and my "passable" son have to sit in the "white" section?
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:42:16 AM EDT
[#12]
lol Texas.

And you wonder why we make fun of you.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:42:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
For those too young to remember, Jim Crow laws provided that blacks would have separate but equal facilities. They led to school segregation, separate drinking fountains, separate seating on buses, etc.

Blacks today, led by their holy men Sharpton, Jackson and X, continue to insist on separate representation, as evidenced by the Black Mayors Assoc., the Congressional Black Caucus, the Black Firefighters Assoc., the Black Leadership Council, the NAACP, National  Black Chamber of Commerce, etc., etc. They even have a Black Miss America and their own holidays (Kwanzaa, Juneteenth, Black History Month, etc.) and their own dress, customs and music.

They don't want non-blacks involved in these organizations or practices in any way (i. e., separate), and they definitely want their organizations to be as powerful as any non-black organization (i. e., equal). So, isn't this just Jim Crow?

If black leaders insist on separating themselves culturally and politically from the other 87% of the country, I think we have de facto Jim Crow now.

Thoughts?
View Quote

GTFO
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:42:34 AM EDT
[#14]
It's very politically incorrect to point out the hypocrisy and inconsistencies of minorities, even on Arfcom.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:42:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Insert <you gonna get raped>
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:42:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Wow
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:42:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Had to double-check to make sure it wasn't a 13-er that had posted it...

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:43:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Thoughts?
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:43:48 AM EDT
[#19]
I give this another ten minutes.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:44:08 AM EDT
[#20]
No, man. We should tive them reservations, like they are tribes. Slapaho, stuff like that
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:44:21 AM EDT
[#21]
The local Walmart used to have a "whites only" entrance.  It was a single small door next to the oil change area and led directly to the sporting goods section.  It wasn't marked as such but clearly that's how it functioned.

Construction to add a grocery addition to the store has removed it.  I don't believe it will be replaced.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:45:10 AM EDT
[#22]
This thread will go places!
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:45:12 AM EDT
[#23]
What's your next thread, that we should deport blacks to Africa because there is a movement within the black community to move back?
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:45:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Cogent observation is cogent.

Go ahead... look it up.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:45:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Now watch everybody scatter from this one. A lot of unpopular truth stated above
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:45:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Yes bring them back but do not base it on Race/Religion/Creed/Age/Sex

but rather on Political party...

you want a gun free area fine
etc etc

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:45:32 AM EDT
[#27]
In my short time here I've already seen so much. This place delivers.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:45:48 AM EDT
[#28]
this thread is going to go places
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:47:02 AM EDT
[#29]
in for

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:47:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Wow...that's an interesting statement, Mr. government-man.

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:47:33 AM EDT
[#31]
You're quite the thinker aren't you OP?
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:47:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I'm a white guy married to a black woman with a mixed race infant son who looks mildly Italian.  How are we supposed to go to lunch if she has to sit in the "colored" section and me and my "passable" son have to sit in the "white" section?
View Quote

Obviously your marriage would be annulled because mixed-race marriages are an affront to all that is good and white.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:47:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Guys, he's not supporting JIm Crow laws.  He's simply pointing out that the black "leaders" are essentially promoting the same thing.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:47:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Nothing surprises me around here, anymore.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:48:07 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View Quote

You just haven't been married long enough.  Some men would appreciate that.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:48:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Let me guess... OP is from Vidor, Orange or Jasper, yes?

Also... GTFO out of my state.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:48:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
In my short time here I've already seen so much. This place delivers.
View Quote

Friday's bring out the .
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:48:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Guys, he's not supporting JIm Crow laws.  He's simply pointing out that the black "leaders" are essentially promoting the same thing.
View Quote

TL:DR
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:49:13 AM EDT
[#39]
As with another thread...

Not allowed to talk about the elephant in the room. We white folks are racists, don't you know?
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:49:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

The only acceptable Arfcom answer is to have her make you a sammich. Or, you make her a sammich. Or make chili and argue whether beans should be added or not.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:50:05 AM EDT
[#41]
...Or we could just hold people accountable for their actions and not subsidize/reward bad actions.

Sadly, that idea is as radical as yours in modern America.

ETA: OP has been modified making my post no longer applicable.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:50:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
It's very politically incorrect to point out the hypocrisy and inconsistencies of minorities, even on Arfcom.
View Quote

Oddly, the examples he choose has to do with self-segregation not state-mandated segregation. How on Earth does that expose hypocrisy.  I'm pretty sure nearly every Arfcom member would agree that we ought to be free to associate with whom we choose even if that results in self-segregation.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:50:26 AM EDT
[#43]
I think you were on to something with pointing out the hypocrisy of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton in relation to Jim Crow laws. But your thread title "Is it time to bring Jim Crow laws back?" is wildly off base, doesn't do you any good, and will most likely cause you to be internet raped.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:50:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Every response to OP demonstrates why there should not longer be any SPECIAL rights afforded miniorites anymore.. We over it Ya'll.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:50:44 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:50:54 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
What's your next thread, that we should deport blacks to Africa because there is a movement within the black community to move back?
View Quote

The "great" Abe Lincoln wanted this very thing.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:51:08 AM EDT
[#47]
DU plant.....ban him!
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:51:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I think you were on to something with pointing out the hypocrisy of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton in relation to Jim Crow laws. But your thread title "Is it time to bring Jim Crow laws back?" is wildly off base, doesn't do you any good, and will most likely cause you to be internet raped.
View Quote

This thread will self destruct.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:52:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

touchy bunch of fuckers for GD
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:52:32 AM EDT
[#50]

IBTL

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top