User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/24/2013 2:23:31 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:27:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just a heads up, the left lane of any multi-lane road is for passing. The rest of the country does not cruise in the left lane, and pass on the right. I shouldn't have to remind you guys, considering your state feels the need to remind you with a sign every 2 miles.

We just returned from our annual pilgrimage to the Gulf Coast to visit family, and I had to relearn Texas driving again.
View Quote

Have you never been to Ohio?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:28:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I blame it on all the Californians that have migrated here.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:28:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Just a heads up, the left lane of any multi-lane road is for passing. The rest of the country does not cruise in the left lane, and pass on the right. I shouldn't have to remind you guys, considering your state feels the need to remind you with a sign every 2 miles.

View Quote

We just returned from our annual pilgrimage to the Gulf Coast to visit family, and I had to relearn Texas driving again.

Do you even road trip bro?  

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:28:58 PM EDT
[#4]
K.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:29:21 PM EDT
[#5]
stop cruising in the left lane.  the only thing you'll get is a cruisin for a bruisin
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:29:33 PM EDT
[#6]
it's the imported Yankees causing all the problems
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:30:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit's about to get real...

And I used to say 'fuck driving through Ohio'. Then I had to drive west-east the long way through Kansas.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:31:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

no it's not.  we drive correctly up here.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:32:00 PM EDT
[#9]
That fucking shit pisses me off too...and I live here. Vapid, self-absorbed cocksuckers who won't 'keep right except to pass'  are the reason traffic gets backed up for miles. I've never seen any enforcement either.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:32:09 PM EDT
[#10]
It's worst in most other states, Wyoming may be an exception.

Fuck Left Lane Campers
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:32:43 PM EDT
[#11]
So how were things in the Center of the Freaking Universe while you were there?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:34:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ironically, you may be right.

After all, you don't live here...but felt compelled to come into a thread about Texas.

No wonder we have such big heads, with everyone so concerned about us all the time.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:34:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol Nope. Can't blame that on us.
You southerners are the sloooow laid back never in a rush guys.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:34:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It's worst in most other states, Wyoming may be an exception.

Fuck Left Lane Campers
View Quote

Most Montanans know what the left lane is for as well. It's the various tourists and and a few dumbass pass-thru truckers that enjoy pulling into the left lane as you're coming-up on them hot, and then slowing it down to match the speed of the car next to them. Faggotry...
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:35:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
That fucking shit pisses me off too...and I live here. Vapid, self-absorbed cocksuckers who won't 'keep right except to pass'  are the reason traffic gets backed up for miles. I've never seen any enforcement either.
View Quote

So, all Texans?

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:35:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:35:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

After all, you don't live here...but felt compelled to come into a thread about Texas.

No wonder we have such big heads, with everyone so concerned about us all the time.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm here for the Yankee hate.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:36:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Hey, in Jersey, you can't turn left.

Seriously.

I've driven there several times.

No left turns.

Someone will chime in and back me up on this.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:37:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you blowhards weren't such lovers of guns and BBQ, you'd be more unbearable than Californicators and New Yorkies.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:37:35 PM EDT
[#20]
I agree. That shit pisses me off, but, whats worse to me is when you come up behind someone cruising in the right hand lane and attempt to pass them in the fast lane, they'll fucking speed up like it's a godamn race or some shit.

So, i'll dip back in behind them and they slow the fuck down.

Rinse, repeat.

Fucking fuckity fuck fuckers!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!1one!11!!!!!

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:37:45 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
So, all Texans?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That fucking shit pisses me off too...and I live here. Vapid, self-absorbed cocksuckers who won't 'keep right except to pass' are the reason traffic gets backed up for miles. I've never seen any enforcement either.

So, all Texans?

Go piss up a rope, yankee?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:38:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Seriously.

No left turns.

View Quote

The state has almost as much fuck as NY.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:38:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Seriously.

No left turns.

View Quote

So no NASCAR?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:39:00 PM EDT
[#24]
I apologize on behalf of all of Texas.  

Better?

I lied.  Get outta the way grandma!

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:39:10 PM EDT
[#25]
thats because people in the cruising lanes are going 80 in a 60 just like those in the passing lane
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:39:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:39:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Seriously.

No left turns.

View Quote

Jug handles.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:40:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That fucking shit pisses me off too...and I live here. Vapid, self-absorbed cocksuckers who won't 'keep right except to pass' are the reason traffic gets backed up for miles. I've never seen any enforcement either.

So, all Texans?

Meh.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:40:13 PM EDT
[#29]
That's only where lanes are posted as left passing only.  Otherwise you are shit outta luck dude.  LOTS of highways in Texas that aren't posted Left Lane Passing only.  Like... most of Houston.
I usually only see it on long stretches of Interstate going between Major Cities.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:40:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I agree. That shit pisses me off, but, what worse to me is when you come up behind someone cruising in the right hand lane and attempt to pass them in the fast lane, they'll fucking speed up like it's a godamn race or some shit.

So, i'll dip back in behind them and they slow the fuck down.

Rinse, repeat.

Fucking fuckity fuck fuckers!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!1one!11!!!!!

View Quote

Don't even get me started about yay-hoos who do their damnedest to mess with you, while you're comfortably cruising at ONE speed. They speed-up and pass... slow-down and make you pass... speed-up and pass... slow-down... It's just stupid. Wish I had a big cattle guard on my rig so I could just push them off the road...
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:41:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:42:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Most of my family is in Louisiana and Georgia, so aside from visiting a couple of friends in San Antonio and DFW, I am usually just trying to get home.    

It was hot and humid everywhere, but the fishing was great.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Most of my family is in Louisiana and Georgia, so aside from visiting a couple of friends in San Antonio and DFW, I am usually just trying to get home.    

Having grown-up fishing the North and South Forks of the Shoshone River near Cody... I find it hard to believe that any lowland fishing you may have done down south could compare.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:44:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
thats because people in the cruising lanes are going 80 in a 60 just like those in the passing lane
View Quote

This guy gets it
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:45:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Seriously.

No left turns.

View Quote

????

what are you talking about?

the design of the road is based on the highway classification, same as anywhere

you're not going to be turning left on an interstate or on any divided highway but you can turn left on a local road
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:45:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:46:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Jug handles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously.

No left turns.

Jug handles.

jug handles keep traffic from stacking at the light on busy roads

darr
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:46:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Seriously?

Ever see a Texas driver on a rotary, or on black ice or snow? Every one of them must have Ride of the Valkyries blaring on their radios as they blow by traffic up here in snow country. It's almost comical...until they wreck in a truly spectacular fashion

Stereotypes exist for a reason. When drivers up here see a Texas plate or a confederate flag on a vehicle during a winter storm we give it a wide berth. Why? Because we don't want to become part of the inevitable pileup.

Glass houses and all that
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:48:32 PM EDT
[#38]
people drive like shit everywhere i've been

everyone is a magic snowflake in their own little fantasy world

there's been people here on arf who boasted about how they tailgate because their incredo-reflexes

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:48:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I assume that you traveled I-10 through Mississippi. These people either run your ass over or are oblivious about driving.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:49:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

If you blowhards weren't such lovers of guns and BBQ, you'd be more unbearable than Californicators and New Yorkies.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good thing we like both then.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:49:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:49:48 PM EDT
[#42]
You can only go so fast on any lane. 85/65 is pretty much the norm on the freeways, 95 when it's 75. It is common courtesy for the faster driver to pass the slow driver to the right and cut over just in front of the slow car - just to say hello.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:51:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

In all fairness, the one thing they CAN do is drive. Probably the best.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:52:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Dear baby Jesus in a hand basket it's so infuriating.

I-35 is a major freakin' NAFTA highway and miles and miles of it are two lane.

So you have trucker B in a truck with a governor set to 65 mph and trucker A in a truck with the governor set to 65 mph, only its set wrong so he can go 65.001 mph and when he comes up behind trucker B, he most assuredly has to pass him because then he can get to his destination 3.87 seconds faster.

So he pulls out and 10 flippin' minutes later he finally passes. Meanwhile, traffic is backing up for miles. The only problem is granny in a '99 Cadillac is scared to death of 18 wheelers, so she then proceeds to pass at 65.001 mph and takes 10 minutes to pass also.

Then granny stays the left lane and after another 2 minutes a big enough gap opens and everyone that finally gets past the damn trucks has the change to the right lane to pass granny. Then she cuts across the right lane 100 feet before her exit ramp because she wasn't paying attention.

That's a typical half hour on a TX highway.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:52:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

One day you might learn to stay off the Interstate and stay on the two lane blacktops.  Most of the folks on the two lane will move onto the right shoulder to let you pass (quite legal here) instead of acting like the teacher's pet and blocking the passing lane.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:53:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

darr
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously.

No left turns.

Jug handles.

darr

Yep, that's why every other state in the Union went with that design, too..  

What stupid fucking road system NJ has.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:56:00 PM EDT
[#47]
South Texas is different from the rest of the state. Even though the rules of the road are generally ignored south of San Antonio the amount of traffic shouldn't really be an impediment.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:56:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Just a heads up, the left lane of any multi-lane road is for passing. The rest of the country does not cruise in the left lane, and pass on the right.
View Quote

I got news for you, they do that shit here in VA/MD/DC like it's in style.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:56:56 PM EDT
[#49]
lived here for 6+ years now...spent life before that in the NE, and regularly drove the NE for work...TX is REALLY bad with the left lane campers.  Some are just passive aggressive a-holes, others are illegals that have no business on our roads and likely dont even have a license.  That said, PA and Md drivers always impressed me as left lane hogs, but i think TX has em beat.  I have seen WAY more accidents here in 6-7 years than i did in my 17 years driving elsewhere.

Also, toss in that everyone is speeding all the time...coupled with really really short merge lanes (can't even describe them as a proper 'on ramp')...its nuts.  The lack of desire of many people to just move right and left faster traffic thru leads to some high stress driving.  I10 last weekend comes to mind..multiple idiots between san antonio and houston.  using a turn signal is apparently seen as a sign of weakness here...and those that do use them, often do in the most lazy-ass possible way (ie-throw on a left turn signal to merge in, then proceed to cut across 2 more lanes of traffic with a hanging signal)...or simply just leave the damn thing on and drive down the friggin road-see it daily.

The other thing I have noticed is that there seems to me to be a higher % of overly aggressive aholes driving jacked up dodge ram pickups vs. ford/chevy/toyota/nissan.  what's up with that?  The aggressive dodge ususally will have some stupid bumper sticker or 'tapout' on the window too.  I drive a truck too, but I realize its a 4wd truck not a goddamn nascar series truck.

throw in a little rain and the speeds stay the same.  and a cold snap??  stay off the roads...

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:56:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Just different. My grandfather has fishing camps on Black Lake and Toledo Bend, and we slaughtered the crappie, bream, and a few large mouth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Having grown-up fishing the North and South Forks of the Shoshone River near Cody... I find it hard to believe that any lowland fishing you may have done down south could compare.

Just different. My grandfather has fishing camps on Black Lake and Toledo Bend, and we slaughtered the crappie, bream, and a few large mouth.

Roger. I've been primarily a trout fisherman for my 45 years on this earth. I guess I prefer the scenery that most trout fishing provides for than the actual taste of the fish. ONLY time I ever eat trout is brookies or if a nice rainbow, cutthrout or brown has been filleted. I throw most of them back (can't stand trout bones). So for eatin, most warm water fish is better. But if I'm gonna stand on the river all day, I want some mountains to look at damnit!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top