Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2013 8:11:02 PM EDT
Forgive me if this is a dupe, fellas, but I'm on my phone.  This story seems dupe worthy - I was catching up on SOFREP when I saw this interview with Max Martini.  He's trying to raise funds to increase awareness about veterans with TBI/PTSD by crowdfunding a movie:

http://sofrep.com/23403/interview-with-max-martini-shaken-not-stirred/

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 8:13:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Gret show. I wish it were still on.
I have my vet charity that I donate to already.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 8:17:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Great actor.

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 8:23:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gret show. I wish it were still on.
I have my vet charity that I donate to already.
View Quote

I can respect that. I believe he's getting some of his Unit cast members reunited to participate in the movie. Concerning the charities:

"Ross: Which organizations will benefit from your film, Will Gardner?

Max: The aforementioned (Brains Scans For Warriors), ‘Vet Hunters‘, ‘Higher Ground‘ and ‘Volunteers of America.’ ‘Vet Hunters’ is dedicated to ending homelessness for all military veterans. The team is made up of 90% Iraq/Afghanistan veterans. They actually search out homeless vets and pull them off the streets putting them into drug and alcohol rehabilitation programs or getting them much needed shelter. ‘Higher Ground’ has a terrific TBI and PTSD program and does a three year follow-up with every soldier that passes through it. ‘Volunteers of America’ is one of the nation’s largest service providers to homeless veterans. They have an amazing program."
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 8:57:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Cool.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 9:04:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Good actor.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 9:15:31 PM EDT
[#6]
IRL Brazilian jiujitsu guy.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:00:15 AM EDT
[#7]
I really hope this gets more traction.  I find this part of the interview kinda sad actually:

"Ross: How is the gofundme.com campaign going?

Max: The truth – not as well as I thought it would. I thought that my Facebook page alone would bring in a half million. We are at 16,200.00 we need 2.5 million. We still have just under a month. The response and support getting the message out has been incredible, the donations have not. But I have faith. I recently did a FOX TV interview that gave us a spike in donations. I am doing an interview on CBS Wednesday. I’m moving forward. That’s all I know."

BTW, does anyone have a link to his FB page ?

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:35:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Just pledged $115.

For just over $2K you can spend two hours at the range with Dirt Diver.  Wonder if he'd be taking his .50 BMG?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:05:20 PM EDT
[#9]
It's a worthy cause - So, I'm in for 65 bucks.

You can contribute by clicking here.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:48:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top