Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2002 6:41:29 AM EDT
In light of the negative image that the media is currently spewing regarding Bushmaster and AR-15 rifles in general, I would like to propose a campaign to counter that image.

White tail firearms hunting season starts a week from tomorrow here in Texas.  I plan to take at least one deer with my Bushmaster (using appropriate loads at appropriate distances).  

I would recommend that everyone consider doing the same and looking for opportunities to communicate to the way-too-gullible public how these firearms have valid, useful, legal uses, including hunting.

Just my $.02
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 6:46:54 AM EDT
[#1]
When we hear of anything negative said about Bushmaster regarding this recent incident, we need to respond by pointing out that they are the ones who, in the days leading up to Desert Storm, supplied very high quality firearms to our National Guard troops when Colt was unable to produce the quantities needed.  We vitally need companies such as Bushmaster, Armalite, Olympic Arms, D.P.M.S (Quality Parts), and our other AR-type rifle manufacturers.  It is a matter of national security.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 6:47:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 6:53:22 AM EDT
[#3]
By the way, my Bushy is the Dissapator model with a mini-ACOG mounted on the handle.  I plan to use Federal Premium 55 grain Trophy Bonded Bear Claw (TBBC) hunting ammo and will keep my shots at 100 yards or less to guarantee good shot placement and bullet performance for a humane kill.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 7:11:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like some responsible hunting going on.  I don't have the patience for it (could be the mountain dew habit) so I'm off to the nearby public range with a half case of ammo to let everyone and their brother try a few rounds and see that a rifle is only as responsible as the person behind the trigger.  And that AR's are damn fun guns.  And that this AR owner is an Eagle Scout, Veteran, Homeowner, and Responsible Citizen.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 8:08:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
When we hear of anything negative said about Bushmaster regarding this recent incident, we need to respond by pointing out that they are the ones who, in the days leading up to Desert Storm, supplied very high quality firearms to our National Guard troops when Colt was unable to produce the quantities needed.  We vitally need companies such as Bushmaster, Armalite, Olympic Arms, D.P.M.S (Quality Parts), and our other AR-type rifle manufacturers.  It is a matter of national security.
View Quote

Sounds good.  Do you have a citation/source handy?
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 8:39:07 AM EDT
[#6]
I wish I could use my Bushmaster for hunting
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top