Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2002 3:29:25 AM EDT
This is National Chemistry Week, and the theme this year is Chemistry Keeps Us Clean. We have a donation drive in our local area to collect personal hygene products to give to Battered Women's Shelters (for them and the kids), as well as to Samaritan houses locally. It is a nation wide effort and one we could all join in. Give the products (toothpast, soap, shampoo, ect.) to your local high school Chemistry Department and do it in the name of AR15.com. The thousands of us could make a difference in the lives of less fortunate. Do it in our name!

Edited to say: Since so many are lurking here in the last few days, maybe we could put them to a good cause, rather than lying in the darkness looking for a bad side of this forum.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 3:34:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 4:46:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, 82ndAbn. We are all so quick to leap on everything else, this could be a good thing. God knows many are ready to leap on us.

Let's keep this going, and make a difference to some who need it nation wide1
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 4:54:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 5:45:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'll keep you informed whether the school is in on it or not.

Good luck.

View Quote

Thanks, I hope that Texans and Vermonters are not the only ones here concerned about the needs of others, and that fueling the fires of self ego is not the only reason to be here? [BD] Just kidding, but I hope it woke up some for the cause.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 5:51:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I'll check my local high school.....

Scott

Link Posted: 10/25/2002 6:01:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Haven't heard anything from our Chem dept.yet at my school, but I'll ask.  Art teachers don't get to associate much with the Chem dept!
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 7:43:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Haven't heard anything from our Chem dept.yet at my school, but I'll ask.  Art teachers don't get to associate much with the Chem dept!
View Quote

The Chem teachers are missing a real opportunity. Color has everything to do with chemistry, and makes for a good cross curriculum opportunity. As you've probably guessed by now, I am an Advanced Placement Chem teacher. Gave up the lab for a classroom.

We are getting burned by a lot of people now who have no idea what an AR is. Let's let them know we care about our communities and will use our numbers to help local school initatives, that help less fortunate people among us.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 7:51:25 AM EDT
[#8]
no hi school in Georgia, Tony!! ill call Fairfax or St. Albans hi school on monday and will inquire about this.  sounds like a good idea to me.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 7:58:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Is there a list of the participating schools, or should we just call each one?
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 1:14:57 PM EDT
[#10]
If the local Chemistry teachers don't belong to the American Chemical Society or a local state Chemical Society, they may not know. However, suggest it is a nation wide initative, but is to go to local needs. Ie: Sumaritan House, battered Womens Shelters, and the such. there is a real need for these people to maintain healthy conditions. After all "Chemistry Keeps Us Clean"!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top