User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2002 9:19:42 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 9:24:10 AM EDT
[#1]
that's a "can-do" in indiana
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 9:28:39 AM EDT
[#2]
If you're talking about a lever action or bolt action hunting/tactical/whatever rifle, then the answer is still EVERY state.  

You know about pistols and all that load of shit, so I won't talk about that unless you're interested, but I think you're talking about rifles, right?

Is it rifles or pistols you're talkin about?
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 9:29:05 AM EDT
[#3]
add Texas and Oklahoma. I'm pretty sure of Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah and Colorado as well.

You might have a shorter list if you go the other way.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 9:30:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 9:42:56 AM EDT
[#5]
With certain exceptions for assault rifle/hi cap enabled riles, NO STATE requires an FFL transfer if it is private, unless it is over state lines and the transaction is not face to face.

Requiring an FFL transfer on every sale was seen as an attempt at registration, and has been kept at bay.  Requiring it, would in effect require all gun owners to be registered in a way and would allow for the gov to find out who has them and who doesn't, JUST LIKE THEY HAVE BEEN DOING TO FIND THE SNIPER.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 9:47:31 AM EDT
[#6]
In Texas, you can mail long guns to other citizens who can legaly own them.
Lebrew
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 9:50:50 AM EDT
[#7]
New York is quirky.

Most of NYS - other than New York City - sales of long guns are allowed with no paperwork.  Sales of pistols from individual to individual are allowed with proper clearance by licensing authorities.

New York City - requires registration paperwork from seller and buyer for long guns.  Sales of pistols from individual to individual are possible but a royal pain due to 1 Police Plaza red tape.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 9:59:26 AM EDT
[#8]
I have never done a private sale, Is there any paperwork required? do you have to do a bill of sale or somthing?
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 10:11:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
add Texas and Oklahoma. I'm pretty sure of Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah and Colorado as well.

You might have a shorter list if you go the other way.
View Quote

Colorado yes.  With certain stipulations.
Remember, we closed the "Gunshow loophole".[rolleye]
And now a gunshow is defined as [b]"one person with 25 firearms or three or more persons with any number of firearms, who "exhibit, sell, offer for sale, transfer, or exchange firearms."[/b]  
Which basically means that anytime my dad, my brother, and I get together, we're a "gunshow".
Thank you, [b]Republican[/b] John McCain for your TV ads in support of this tripe!!! [pissed]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top