Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2002 2:44:51 PM EDT
Demo......or Republican.  Or maybe just my own classification?  I really don't know, and don't know how to tell.  I'll give you some information that I think may be relavent, but I don't even know what questions to ask my self to determine this. Questions from you guys on this matter to better tell my status would be appriciated.

Guns...

I love them
Carry licenses are B.S., that's what the second ammendment is for.
AWB - also bullshit, and I hate it.
I could go in for days here so I'll stop now.

Abortions...

I dunno. It's not my body or life being affected, so I figure I don't have the right to control it. That doesn't mean I like it though.

Money...

I get about $18000 a year and my wife makes about $16000.  I don't like (nor do I use) welfare, but do believe that maybe on an individual basis some people might really need it (like homeless vets, hungry kids, and whatnot).

Misc.

I really dislike clinton.
Bush so far is fine by me (we'll have to see how the sunset thing goes to be sure).

Any other determining factors that I might know the answer to at 21 years of age?

Thanks for any help!
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 3:03:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 3:09:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Republican and Democrat is two sides of the same coin anymore.
A better way to tell is: What is the job of government?
If you believe that government's job is to have some "kinder, gentler society" vision and to protect you, then you can call yourself liberal.
If you believe that government should be just there enough to ensure national defense, operate a uniform and fair criminal justice system and have a goal towards securing liberty for all, you can call yourself libertarian.
Obviously you are here, so we already know you have a libertarian leaning.
(And yes, I know the term "liberal" has been hijacked from it's original meaning, but so has "libertarian" really)
View Quote

[size=4]Ass Rott Boy![/size=4]Translation for the Damnyankees[:D]: You are absolutly correct Sir!

Link Posted: 10/19/2002 3:11:54 PM EDT
[#3]
If your anything like me, you are a white middle aged male who is rather pissed off at the way thing are going.[sniper]

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 3:37:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Demo......or Republican.  Or maybe just my own classification?  I really don't know, and don't know how to tell.  I'll give you some information that I think may be relavent, but I don't even know what questions to ask my self to determine this. Questions from you guys on this matter to better tell my status would be appriciated.

Guns...

I love them
Carry licenses are B.S., that's what the second ammendment is for.
AWB - also bullshit, and I hate it.
I could go in for days here so I'll stop now.

Abortions...

I dunno. It's not my body or life being affected, so I figure I don't have the right to control it. That doesn't mean I like it though.

Money...

I get about $18000 a year and my wife makes about $16000.  I don't like (nor do I use) welfare, but do believe that maybe on an individual basis some people might really need it (like homeless vets, hungry kids, and whatnot).

Misc.

I really dislike clinton.
Bush so far is fine by me (we'll have to see how the sunset thing goes to be sure).

Any other determining factors that I might know the answer to at 21 years of age?

Thanks for any help!
View Quote

You are a South Park Republican!

see prior thread.
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 3:50:54 PM EDT
[#5]
[url=http://www.issues2002.org/Issue_Grid.htm] See where other people stand[/url] then [url=http://www.issues2002.org/Quiz.htm] take the quizz![/url]

Post results ---->  [url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=149696&page=1]here. [/url]
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 3:52:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Doublefeed......
I like the second choice you gave - Libertarian (is that even a political classification?).

sgtar15.......
Pretty much. That's why I would like to know what to call myself when talking about heated issues.

WofWof.....
South Park Republican.....LOL.  Sounds funny. I'm still looking for that prior thread.
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 4:36:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 4:47:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Libertarian is a party and a legitimate political classification. Of course, like the Green party and other semi-popular third parties, they stand little chance of being elected to most major offices, though there are reportedly some scattered around minor offices.

They generally believe in individual rights, personal responsibility, and generally leaving other people alone if they aren't harming someone's rights to life, liberty, and property.

One of their more controversial positions (esp. among gun owners) is the opposition to the war on drugs. The libertarian position is that restricting what adults can do to their bodies is unconstitutional and wrong, and that the war on drugs is a gigantic waste of money and an excuse for limiting our rights.

They also generally oppose welfare, social security, and things like that in favor of a pure capitalist economy.

They are also the only party to my knowledge that opposes all gun laws.

I tend to agree with them on most things, but some of their members take positions that I do not agree with. These generally involve the millitary, foreign relations, and things like the War on Iraq/War on Terror.

Feel free to investigate and ask more questions.
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 4:55:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Aces and Eights....

Thanks for the link.

Highest celebrity match for me is Pat Buchannan by 50%

Says that I match the rebublican party by 72%

economic liberttarian 69%
Personal libertarian 72%

Hmmm Libertarian sounds too close to liberal which is usually referred to as liberal bastards around here. Makes my head itch LOL.
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 5:06:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Mace.....
I think that's well put compared to my research. Thank You.

Garand Shooter......
I scored nearly the same on your short quiz link. Libertarian

So I guess it's safe to say that I closely match republican and libertarian views and that there isn't a "right" answere in my case. To best sum me up I'm a Libertarian, but could also swing with Repub. for voting purposes.

Sound right?

Thanks for all the help!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top