Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 5:49:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought a Dell.
I just went through this whole thing exacly like you are about 3 months ago. Including asking here. I got a Dell 4500. Oh and contrary to alot of people who post here so far im a happy costomer. I looked at them all and asked a few pro tech people including one who maintains around 50 or so at a local business. He said basicly if you dont want to do it your self get a dell. If you have the cash consider getting one locally build by someone who knows what the hell they are doing. It may cost more. But hey you can make a local phone call to bitch that it dont work instead of long distance. I got a few upgrades like the optical mouse an upgreaded sound system and video card. The stock speakers are great IMO. by the way standard shipping was $100 on mine. Mine totaled $1100 inc ship.
But I grabbged mine at a perfict back to school time. I got to chose a CD-Burner or DVD drive and free 40GIG hard drive upgrade and discount on moniter upgrade. I got the 17in flat screen (not flat panel) looks great It does come loaded with some junk but hey if you dont want bundled software get it with No OS and put whatever you want on there and save the cash
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 6:52:20 PM EDT
[#2]
NOVA5,

I have a PACKARD BELL!
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 7:11:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had a Gateway PIII 750 desktop for 2 1/2 years, and the only problem I ever had was with the Phillips CDRW that came with it.

I eventually replaced it with a really nice Yamaha, and all has been well since.

The other thing I like about Gateway over a lot of other makers is if you open the case, the warranty is not voided.

So when I put in my old memory into my new computer (a big $$$$ savings), or when I added a much better video card and a USB 2.0 card, my warranty was not voided.

My warranty runs out in June, and I'll give this computer to my daughter, and most likely buy another Gateway.

But, she isn't going to get my video card or CDRW.

Jay
[img]http://members.cox.net/azcop/images/iroc-cop.gif[/img]

Link Posted: 10/17/2002 9:26:22 PM EDT
[#4]
My first computer was a Gateway. It was a POS! I will never buy another Gateway product!  I have bought 2 Dell desktops and a Dell laptop and haven't had a problem with any of them.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top