Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2002 6:14:10 PM EDT
Look, it's a non-sniper thread!

Figured there'd be enough outdoors folk around here to get some good info. I'm looking for a pair of outdoor/hiking shoes. Something that'll work as both a semi-casual but be built enough to handle rough terrain (we're not talking mountain climbing...but more than a stroll on the grass). The problem I have is this: I've found a few really good companies, but none of them make their footwear in above a 13 or 14....and I'm dealing with 15 EE here.....anyone know a company that deals in that size?

To give a better idea, this is what I was considering, up until I found out it was discontinued:
[url]http://www.newbalance.com/productbrowser/product_details.html?g11n.enc=ISO-8859-1&feature=&gender=Men&segment=&product=MO851BG&product_type=shoe&sport=Adventure+Sports[/url]

Decent, not too flashy, dark but not monotone or all black.
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 6:39:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I dunno if this helps, but [url=www.emsonline.com]EMS[/url] is having a sale until October 20th.

Link Posted: 10/16/2002 6:43:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Take a look at Hi-tec brand shoes and boots. Hi-tec also makes military boots that are very comfortable compared to the issued boots. I've owned a pair of Hi-tec hiking shoes that I bought over two years a go and they hardly show any sign of wear.
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 6:50:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Montrail Torre GTX
ive got a pair in 15 wide. Love em. Gore-tex lining and very comfortable, almost no break in. Re-soleable.
find em at [url]www.campmor.com[/url]
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 6:53:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Forgot to add, if you want a lower top shoe you might want to check out New Balance. they make larger style shoes. Trail runners that can be used for approach. also take a look at Lowa boots. Also they make a big size boot
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 7:00:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Vasque Clarion Impacts, great boot w/gortex that is a must. On my third pair and still love 'em.
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 7:06:18 PM EDT
[#6]
There received a great review in Backpacker Magazine.

[url=www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?categoryId=17359&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&parentCategory=4184&shop_method=pp&sc1=&sc2=&sc3=&sc4=&sc5=Men_s_Light_Hiking] L.L. Bean Gore-Tex Speed Guide Hikers[/url]

[img]www.llbean.com/products/mens/17359/images/17359.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 9:16:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all the recommendations. Man, every time I decide on something, I hit the websites and either the online retailers don't even carry the larger sizes/widths, or they have zero stock in 15 EE. What luck I have....
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 4:03:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Did you check those montrails? Did you look directly fropm montrail?. Also try [url]www.mgear.com[/url] they might have them in stock. Be prepared though when you go there. they have all the best mountaineering goodies. Gives me a hard on every time
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top