Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2002 9:32:06 PM EDT
I was pondering things as usual and started wondering about recent events in the gun control community, especially sniper related and started thinking about the recent ridiculous 50 ban in Kaliban. I mean really, why the 223?  It really isn't that great of a round considering all options.  

Can the MD sniper be making a statement in response to the ban on the BIGGEST BADDEST caliber on the sniping block by using the smallest and puniest?  Or maybe he's saying that noone is safe, even from the smaller calibers?
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 9:44:50 PM EDT
[#1]
He sure as hell isn't thinking about anything that is likely to make any sense to us, or anybody else for that matter.

There's a rationale, but it will only matters to him/them.  This guy is nuts.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 9:45:21 PM EDT
[#2]
... I don't think he's that analytical. He's an insane opportunist simply playing out his self prophetic end of the world scenario. He's using what ever rifle he had when he snapped.
I really believe once the asshole is caught we'll find out just how non-descriptive and boring measly life he really had.
This furthers the fact that the HUGE majority of gun owners are sensible, reasonable God fearing people.
And in fact gun ownership in America is a good thing all things considered.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 9:51:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 10:00:00 PM EDT
[#4]
When the shooters are caught, it will surprise everyone as to the motive.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 10:01:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I think he's killing people because he's crazy.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 11:13:45 AM EDT
[#6]
If he/they was making an "anti gun control statement", he/they would be targeting gun control advocates, anti gun politicians, law enforcement, the media, the families of the above, and possibly those in anti gun demographics ( minorities, women, clergy, etc.).

All attacks seem to be random, except for the craft store and gas station repeats.

Instead of sending "I am God" taunts he/they would communicate the "message"[puke] at each shooting somehow.

IMHO he/they are fruitcakes or terrorists. Death penalty will be waiting, when they are caught![:(!]
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 11:29:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Remember the part time firefighter this summer (I think in Arizona) that lit the huge forest fire so he could get overtime pay?  What if this guy is a local LEO that is looking for a little extra work to try and "solve" these crimes?  Just a thought.[50]
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 11:42:18 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm starting to really wonder about the police theory.  I'm hoping it is, mainly because our rights might be untouchable by the gun control lobby.  It wasn't in OUR hands!
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 9:07:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I think he's the Son of Sam's illegitimate son.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 9:18:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
When the shooters are caught, it will surprise everyone as to the motive.
View Quote

I think he knows more then he lets on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top