Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2002 1:38:26 PM EDT
Can't do a search right now.

Anyone know who made it?

Is it a good shooter or just collector?

Would you buy it if it had a bunch of wolf run thru it?

Thanks,  Cretescreeder
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 1:41:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Rock River

Great shooter [b]and[/b] collector

Wolf..? [>Q]
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 1:56:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks ANTI,
appreciate the response!
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 1:59:18 PM EDT
[#3]
They are certainly worth taking a look at if one is available, the first LEGP is a sweet AR. The Wolf issue is very controversial, I don't shoot it myself. However if the weapon has been properly maintained, it would not stop me from buying one. I would buy it and clean it very well and from then on I would only shoot quality ammo through it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 2:38:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 2:39:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Can't do a search right now.

Anyone know who made it?

Is it a good shooter or just collector?

Would you buy it if it had a bunch of wolf run thru it?

Thanks,  Cretescreeder
View Quote

Can't comment on how well it shoots, but I wouldn't let wolf ammo scare you away if that is the only thing between buying it or not. I've ran through quite a bit of wolf in full auto and haven't had any problems to speak of. It does seem to get the chamber a little dirtier than brass cased ammo but you just give it a little extra cleaning.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 2:59:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I like the fact that it's RR, that's what I have decided to get.

The LEGP is also in the config that I want.

The deciding factor will be price of a new one vs the price offered on the LEGP, (with goodies)

This will be my first ar so the collector factor doesn't come into play, I want a shooter.

I have read enough about wolf around here in the last two years that I probably won't use it.

The pics I have on the LEGP shows to have very little ware so I guess it comes down to price.

Thanks!!  cretescreeder

Link Posted: 10/9/2002 3:05:08 PM EDT
[#7]
From the original LEGP Spec sheet. We can't get anymore since the mfgr became very unreliable in responding to inquiries to our orders & production was very slow.

Rifle Specifications:

Upper Receiver:Forged 7075T6, 'A3' flat-top configuration

Lower Receiver:Forged 7075T6, Includes laser engraved Ltd Edition AR15.COM numbers

Safety Switch:New Star Safety – cam action, smooth, fast, yet positive

Takedown pins: Milspec pushpins front and rear for easy, no tool takedown

Front sight:Forged steel with optional side sling adapter

Rear sight:Flat top upper receiver - use optics or detachable A3 handle

Barrel:Lightweight 4140 chromoly M4 profile barrel with BATF approved A2 Birdcage flash suppressor look-alike press fit onto 16" barrel.  Recessed and protected crown

Rifling:Right hand twist, 1 turn in 9"

Caliber:.223 Rem/5.56mm Nato

Handguards:Oversized M4 profile, double heat shields

Finish:Mil. spec. Manganese phosphate finish.  Non reflective mil. spec. hard anodize.

Stock:Rock River tele-stock A2 length and BATF approved for post ban weapons

Grip:Premium aftermarket Hogue

Buffer assembly:Full length buffer

Magazine:Postban 10 round magazine, teflon coated

Overall length: 34.5"

Weight w/out handle: 6.6 lbs approx.

Warranty:1 year from the manufacturer

Original price during LEGP sale was $660.00 delivered
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 3:06:53 PM EDT
[#8]
There is a review of a DPMS model with very similiar specs in American Rifleman last month.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top