Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2002 1:27:04 PM EDT
In an italian firearms forum somebody told that it is not true that Colt is no more producing Ar15 Sporters.

For what I know, Colt cannot sell to the civilian market rifles named AR15 because they are considered "pre-ban". The only rifles Colt can sell to civilian are MT, MT competition and Accurate Rifles.

Anyway... is this correct or I am wrong?
And if I am wrong why it is impossible to find brand new Sporters?
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 1:29:17 PM EDT
[#1]
You're correct. Colt no longer sells any rifles marked AR15. They also no longer sell any rifles marked Sporter. The new rifles are Match Targets. Go figure...
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 11:56:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.
Unluckily I am right... *SIGH & SOB* [>(]
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 11:59:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Do they sell the Beretta 92 Elite II in Italy?  If they do is it manufactured there?  The only ones they sell here are manufactured in USA and I was looking for an Italian one.  But there probably aren't any.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 2:17:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I think the Elite fashion is something typical of the Americans. Anyway, in very recent times, Beretta started to commercialize also a 98 Elite (we don't have 92... THAT'S MILITARY!!!) but I don't know if it is Elite or Elite II. Here is called simply "Elite".
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 3:00:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Colt still makes "AR-15" marked rifles for LEO and export sales. I believe I've heard our Canadian brothers say they can buy true "AR-15" marked Colt ARs up there. Seems like I've also heard Kuiper say that his country's laws make it difficult or impossible to import new Colt AR-15s. So it probably depends on Italy's law on whether or not you can get a new "AR-15" marked Colt. If you can, I'm sure there must be an impoter who wouold be happy to get one for you.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 4:44:37 AM EDT
[#6]
In Italy the AR are "catalogued" in a govt. list of allowed guns. The problem is that Colt refuse to send them to Italy, this is what the importer told me (De Marchi) by telephone.

I cannot contact directly Colt by e-mail because they refuse to put an email for their customer and I cannot waste my money to call USA...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top