Posted: 9/30/2002 5:30:51 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 5:53:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 6:26:19 PM EDT
[#2]
When in Rochester --->  VISIT THE AVILA COMPOUND! [:D]  

Link Posted: 9/30/2002 6:27:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Wait!   I'm on the phone with Goatboy and he is now telling me they live in Penisfield.
(Pennfield?)

They TELL everyone that they live in Rochester to stop raid executions at the proper location.  [:D]
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 6:28:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 7:19:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Garbage plate at Nick Tahoes.
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 9:30:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Mt. Hope Family Diner, 1511 Mt. Hope Ave. (256-1939)-I think this is the place I used to go to...

View Quote

I almost rented an apartment next to this place, owned by the same guy. The vent above their grill was blew greasy smoke right outside the apt windows. Yuk.

Good cheap eats and awesome milkshakes, though.

Don't go to Nick Tahoes to enjoy their garbage plate, unless you're drunk. Don't go into their restroom unless you're very drunk. Carry a gun.

If you want to score some dope, go stand in front of the Geyhound bus station for a few minutes. Even if you don't want any, it's kinda fun to see how many seconds it takes before someone tries to sell you some.

Link Posted: 9/30/2002 9:54:48 PM EDT
[#7]
ohhhhhh.... not Rochester, WA..... nevermind
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 5:10:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Don't go to Nick Tahoes to enjoy their garbage plate, unless you're drunk. Don't go into their restroom unless you're very drunk. Carry a gun.

View Quote

Now there's not a damn thing wrong with a Nick Tahoes garbage plate, drunk OR sober. And the place has a great atmosphere. .

I also suggest you carry a gun. Good food, though.

Link Posted: 10/1/2002 7:55:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well I'm waitin for the Avilas to chime in... hint f'in HINT!
View Quote

Heh, the silence is deafening[:D]

Check out Pro-Gun, Rt 96, Victor NY, right off the 490 exit from Rt 90 (thru-way). Shop has lots of decent stuff/black rifles. Also check out Liberty Gunshop (South of thru-way exit before 490). Also decent stuff. They had a minty AR10A2C with 2 10 and 2 20 rd mags for $999 as of last Saturday. These 2 shops are maybe 5 miles apart.
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 7:56:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 9:13:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Garbage plate, YES.  Go to the original, not the one out in the 'burbs (still open?)

Country Sweet wings, Sal's Birdland, great places to eat.  

Richmond's, geat tavern.  

As to semi-nude girls, Loui's Cordial Lounge was bearable, but a trip to the Canadian side of Niagra Falls means World Class entertainment at the Sundowner.  

Check out the festivals.  Lilac festival is usually pretty cool.  Park Ave festival, etc..

My info is a little dated.  I'm not sue if they still have a place called "the Warehouse" that used to have the best local and semi-local live bands.    
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 9:26:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 8:18:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 8:39:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Garbage plate, YES.  Go to the original, not the one out in the 'burbs (still open?)
View Quote

original is closed.

View Quote

Wow.

When I was at RIT the one downtown was just closing early.

We went to the one near the school anyway.

On topic of places to go, there's this brewery near the watefall, it might be the Empire Brewery Aimless mentioned, but that place is really good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top