Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2002 12:09:15 PM EDT
Just saw the most offensive commercial possible. A Jenny Craig commercial trading off the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

Paraphrased:

When our country was attacked, I realized I needed to lose weight in case I needed to help my children (students).......

Scott

Link Posted: 9/30/2002 12:12:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I find them all equally offensive.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 12:17:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Trading on 9/11 is repulsive
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 12:21:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Tacky would be the word.
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 12:23:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmmm...

She wants to help her country => She decides to drop a few tons, maybes ups the shower count to 3X/week => She becomes a hottie and starts getting nailed on a regular basis => Ultimately she finally procreates, and a new soldier to defend the Homeland is made.

Jenny Craig Uber Alles!

(for the record I've never seen the commercial)
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 12:56:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I haven't seen the commercial, but my wife described it in detail.  From the description I heard, it is offensive.
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 1:00:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I haven't seen the commercial, but my wife described it in detail.  From the description I heard, it is offensive.
View Quote

Your wife, eh?  Back from the honeymoon already?  Hope it was a good one![beer]

Link Posted: 9/30/2002 1:31:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I see no big deal. Alot of car companies were running 0% interest payment commercials exploiting 911 just so people would keep spending money.
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 1:35:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a problem with companies using 9/11 to increase their sales, especially when their sales don't impact the economy all that much. (That's why I thought it was great when the auto makers offered 0% financing to kick the economy.)

OTOH, I though exactly the same thing as is stated in the commercial. Not that it worked, but I did think it...
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 1:58:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I vote Null.
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 2:19:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Not offensive.  

1, She realized she was a fat-azz.
2, She realized that if she continued to gain weight, whe'd never be able to defenc her country becuse she couldn't get off the couch.
3, She realized that if she lost a few pounds, her husband would have newfound vigor with which to fight the Taliban bastards.
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 5:55:48 PM EDT
[#11]
How does this differ from the increase in gun sales. I know there were never any gun commercials as such, but word of mouth. Protect yourself from domestic terrorism and all that.

..and yes there are domestic islamic terrorists.
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 7:03:24 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm butt ass ugly,wasn't born that way started out as a good looking baby!   Like the elephant man I don't need people pointing out to me that I'm butt assed ugly!

Or do I want a face transplant,paper bag .etc..

Nor do obese people need someone pointing it out to them,hell they know they are obese!

Yes it was just as offensive as it always was with her,but that white headed shaved head bitch with the powers,was just too much!

Bob [:D]
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 12:03:31 AM EDT
[#13]
They're gonna lose weight now, Jenny Craig or no Jenny Craig.  The dock workers are locked out of the ports in Kommiefornia.  Now fat people are gonna be forced to eat sparingly.

I didn't see it yet but I think [i]she done it for the children[/i]!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top