Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2002 9:40:43 AM EDT
bought me a new 2002 ranger edge v-6 standard cab 2 wheel drive,sticker price 16650 got them down to 12100,with my old ranger discount from work and rebate and since my credit wasn't that great they 12.99 interset rate and they said they couldn't get it lower so i got up and left because i had to go to work and told them i can't do that rate payments where 285.they told me to take the truck for the night and come back in the morning (i work 2 shift)got back there about 10 this morning and the interest rate got down to 9.9 at 270 a month 15 a month isn't much but over the life of the loan $900,i have a better things for 900 than give to ford.also got a free bed liner.
don't have anybody to tell so had to tell someone.
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 10:14:10 AM EDT
[#1]
[beer]

Link Posted: 9/25/2002 10:18:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Good luck with the Ranger.
Unfortunately the [i]full-sized[/i] pickups are becoming almost unaffordable for a lot of people.
Auto companies used to make a large part of their profits on the luxury cars.  With trucks, it used to be volume for profit.  Now with hardly any trucks with the old "bench seat, six banger, and manual transmission, they are making a killing selling the well appointed pickup.
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 10:19:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm sorry[:(]

JK[:D]
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 10:28:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Way to go, [b]Hanau[/b], that's a cool deal you got there!

And don't worry about your credit rating. Keep this loan current and when it comes time to trade it in, you'll have the sort of credit you need to qualify for a lower interest rate.

Auto loan companies like to see how you handled your last auto loan when it comes to giving good rates.

Your house can get foreclosed on, but if you keep your truck payments up to snuff, that's all they care about next time you want a truck loan.

Eric The(GoFigure!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 3:54:01 PM EDT
[#5]
hey congrats

i just got a new truck too

i picked up a 98 toyota tacoma 4x4 with 23,000 miles and 3 years of warrantee left for 14K

the only downside is i have to drive 800 miles this weekend to pick it up

Link Posted: 9/25/2002 4:09:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
hey congrats

i just got a new truck too

the only downside is i have to drive 800 miles this weekend to pick it up

View Quote

No, that would be the upside.
Having to go back to Wisconson would be the down side.....
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 4:11:09 PM EDT
[#7]
ya got me there

maybe ND will have a blizzard while i'm back and I'll get snowed in for a few weeks

Link Posted: 9/25/2002 5:05:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Congradulations!!!!

I got a 2002 Ranger "Off Road" step-side last week in "Silver Frost".

Real nice truck (got the big V-6 with 207HP/5-speed auto) - don't expect any great gas mileage, but wasn't looking for any - though at first estimates, I'm not doing bad.

Got a good deal after the "dealer incentives" and year end - about $2,500 off of invoice.

Got rid of my '97 Expedition - just too big and no versatility. A big SUV is great for some, but for me it was like looking back through a bus and you couldn't really put anything greasy/bloody in it - too "posh" for that.

The Ranger's a great looking little rig, a lot of fun, and real good power and versatility at the same time.

Real happy with it.

I never realized before how well rated the Ranger was compared to the other small pick-ups. You see alot of them around and take them for granted.
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 5:11:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Y'all could just get flat out invoice price at a low rate (about 5%) if you go to a fleet dealer through a credit union.

I jsut got a 1999 ranger 4x4 ext cab v-6 w/ 30k miles for %13 at a 5.75% interest rate last week.

only cause I couldnt afford another diesel f-250

www.membersquote.com, if you are already a credit union member...banks suck!
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 6:18:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Congrats, the Ranger is indeed one of the great trucks of earth!  I used to have one with a camper shell and an indescribable bed/pads/storage setup in the bed, back when I was livin' in Yellowstone and was free, white and just over 21, GOOD FUN in that truck!!!  Now I have two F150's, a '93 and an '00, both are the single cab, 6 banger, straight shift variety, and I wouldn't have it ANY other way!!!  BTW.....FORDS ROCK!!!
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 7:19:08 PM EDT
[#11]
My Humble apology![:D]
[img]http://pages.prodigy.net/labradorx3/public_html/silveradowood.jpg[/img]
[img]http://pages.prodigy.net/labradorx3/public_html/truck%26trailer.jpg[/img]
[img]http://pages.prodigy.net/labradorx3/public_html/tahoe.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 7:27:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Don't ya just love the smell and feel of a new truck?
I used to have a Ranger and man could that thing take jumps good.
Congrats.
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 7:32:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Good deal on the Ranger, but shoulda got 4wd
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top