Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2002 7:27:24 AM EDT
Well to make a long story short, my Doberman had a skunk for dinner last night. He has a habit of eating anything that gets in  his territory, I believe this will be his fourth skunk in seven years. Damn it stinks.  Anyone have a remedy to get rid of the smell.  I've heard of bathing him with tomato juice. Does that really work?  Any tips would TRULY be appreciated!!
Thanks-Gemologist[x]
BLOAT
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 7:36:02 AM EDT
[#1]
This stuff works:

[url]http://www.kidsnpetsbrand.com[/url]

It took the skunk smell out of my semi-long-haired cat who thought it would be cool to play with a skunk once.  It also got the smell off of ME when I accidentally "watered" a skunk in my garden.

It's available in some supermarkets.  Call around and see if anyone carries it in your area, otherwise have some shipped to you fast.

Tomato juice is better than nothing but it will not eliminate the smell.
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 7:48:42 AM EDT
[#2]
The tomato bath helps some....when I was a kid we had many of our hunting dogs get sprayed. It is a partial fix.
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 8:17:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys-PEEUUUUUUUWW!!
Gemologist[x]
BLOAT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top