Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2013 4:01:30 AM EDT
Just as the memory of the last bruising battle for control of the Senate begins to fade, political handicappers are casting their gaze to the 2014 campaign when Republicans once again will try to overcome the Democratic majority.

Just as the Republicans began the 2012 campaign cycle in strong shape to reclaim the Senate, the GOP has a clear edge heading into the next face off.

While some of the most intriguing political speculation today centers on whether actress Ashley Judd will run as a Democrat to challenge Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell in Kentucky, political analysts are focusing again on the Democrats’ substantial vulnerabilities in retaining control of the Senate in two years.

Read more: http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articles/2013/02/15/7-Senate-Seats-at-Risk-Hint-Theyre-All-Blue.aspx#page1#ixzz2LA2cbO4h

LINK
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 4:09:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Get some
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 4:10:35 AM EDT
[#2]
The Dem's won't have Oblama's coattails to suckle this time around. Could be interesting.

Just no stupid statements about abortion and crap. Just the economy and the Constitution.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 4:11:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Please Republican candidates...........DO NOT fall for the rape and abortion trap!!

Don't be fucking dumbasses!!  PLEASE!!
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 4:14:01 AM EDT
[#4]
nation is dead

don't care

prepare for downhill slide, dig in, and conserve resources.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 4:14:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Please Republican candidates...........DO NOT fall for the rape and abortion trap!!

You know they are going to............they can't help themselves.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 4:21:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Rep Tom Cotton is a going to do great things for this country. We need to make this election count and send the biggest message ever to the dems and that is don't mess with our guns or even mention it. We need to make them pay dearly for the proposals they have put on the table.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 4:43:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

We can't help ourselves.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 4:45:22 AM EDT
[#8]
The Republicans have 2 years to come up with moronic things like,oh,making a huge deal out of boobs...

It's getting embarrassing.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 4:46:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Mary Landreiu must be defeated this time... The fact that she has had three terms in the senate is an embarrassment to this state
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 4:48:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
nation is dead

don't care

prepare for downhill slide, dig in, and conserve resources.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 4:58:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Republicans aren't going to save the day. They're politicians too. Most of them just barely meet what I consider the minimum requirement to hold office.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 5:05:08 AM EDT
[#12]
I actually hope, as improper as it may be, that if the republicans do manage to keep the house and gain the senate, that they, like their democratic counterparts, are sore losers.

I mean in your face, we're undoing all this BS and ramming some conservative initiatives (and true crime prevention and pro-gun/2A legislation while were at it) through and you all can choke on it.

No more compromise, no more reaching across the (hopefully decimated) aisle, no more moderation or working with counterparts, no more PC, no more free phones, no more "extended" unemployment, no more amnesty...just pure unadulterated, crystalline whoopass aimed at getting our country back in order and the FSA into the workforce.

Well, I can hope, can't I?
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 5:47:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Karl Rove & his roving band of RINOs will do their best to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, again. They have a pretty good track record for fucking things up, but maybe they'll fail this time. If the Tea Party can start chipping away there could be some positive movement in a few election cycles. Ted Cruz here in Texas was a nice surprise & a crushing kick to the dripping snatch of the fucking RINOs.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:04:26 AM EDT
[#14]
I hope the Republicans run someone decent and beat that slimy piece of shit Landrieu.

Not sure if Bill Cassidy can beat her, even less sure that Jeff Landry can.  Landry ran against Charles Boustany for US Representative and lost pretty badly.  He is very conservative, and I hate to say it, but his thick Cajun accent works against him.

I've heard good things about Steve Scalise, but he is still a fairly new US Representative and doesn't have all that much name recognition.

But one thing is clear, that little piglet needs to GTFO, she's as liberal as any Democrat in America.

LC
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:38:55 AM EDT
[#15]
I can't even think about midterms right now.  The last election was to exhausting and disappointing.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top