Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/15/2002 8:38:05 AM EDT
"Beware of the leader who bangs of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword.  It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind."

"And when the drums of war have reached a fevor pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind is closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry.  Rather, the citizenry infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader and do it gladly so.

"How do I know?  I know for this is what I have done.  And I am Caesar."
---Julius Caesar.  

Billionaire and New World Order globalist David Rockefeller:
"We are on the verge of a Global Transformation. All we need is the right major crisis and the nation will accept the New World Order!"
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 8:48:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Yanqui my wankie!

"sometimes you gotta fight when you're a man." - Kenny Rogers.
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 8:53:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Yanqui my wankie!

View Quote

"Ya gotta know who to fight, and when to fight 'em" - Duncan Adams...
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 9:35:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't bother with little white lies. The more outrageous the lie, the easier it will be believed, as long as you repeat it often enough. -- Joseph Goebbels
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 10:49:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Which is exaclly how Usama bin-Ladin whipped-up 19 over-zealous numbskulls into smashing planes into the world trade center, The Pentagon, and into a field in Pa. killing 3,000 helpless and unwitting citizens.
    That IS what you're referring to, isn't it? Yeah, gotta be.
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 11:00:06 AM EDT
[#5]

“War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.”

- John Stuart Mill
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 11:07:31 AM EDT
[#6]
"A civilization unable to differentiate between illusion and reality is usually believed to be at the tail end of its existence." -John Saul, author of Voltaire's Bastards
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 11:10:20 AM EDT
[#7]
"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack." -Patton
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 11:12:16 AM EDT
[#8]
"Remember, when in doubt, f*ck"

---Al Pacino (Scent of a Woman)
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 11:15:14 AM EDT
[#9]
The American people are slow to wrath, but when their wrath is once kindled it burns like a consuming flame."  -Theodore Roosevelt
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 11:15:54 AM EDT
[#10]
You know this is great that we can quote sayings from the past. Some can be taken as WARNINGS and some can be taken as PROPHECIES.

Its all bullshit because now is now and we have to deal with... THE NOW.
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 11:17:33 AM EDT
[#11]
If you dont like the heat get the F8ck out of the kitchen.

Link Posted: 9/15/2002 2:52:11 PM EDT
[#12]
"War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded
state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is
much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing
which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature
and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of
better men than himself." -- John Stuart Mill
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 2:56:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 2:59:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yanqui my wank

View Quote

"Ya gotta know who to fight, and when to fight 'em" - Duncan Adams...
View Quote

"....know when to walk away, and know when to run...."- also Kenny Rogers
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 3:08:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
He who go through turnstile sideways is on his way to Bangkok.  -[?]
View Quote

Confucious say:  man with hand in pocket feel cocky all day.

Confucious say:  man who stand on toilet high on pot.
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 3:11:24 PM EDT
[#16]
"I fear we have awaken a sleeping giant." Adm. Yamato right after the bombing of Pearl Harbar.
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 3:53:42 PM EDT
[#17]
"Remember the Maine" - William Randolph Hearst
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 3:58:44 PM EDT
[#18]
"Man who fart in church will sit in own pew."
  -Confucius
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 4:02:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Define "sex" for me.  
-William Jefferson Clinton
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 4:03:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Confucius say, war not determine who right. War determine who left.
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 4:04:39 PM EDT
[#21]

Man who go to bed with itchy but, wake up with stinky finger.
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 4:09:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Confucius say, war not determine who right. War determine who left.
View Quote

And if we are the ones left, that will be all right. [:D]
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 8:46:40 PM EDT
[#23]
"A danger exists that the United States is becoming a police state. Just a few decades
ago, this would have been unimaginable. The American republic was not designed with
federal police powers, which should be the sole prerogative of the states. The military
should not be used as police. Unfortunately, many Americans now welcome the use of
military troops to police our public places, especially airports.
"Even before Sept. 11th, more than 80,000 armed federal bureaucrats patrolled the
countryside, checking for violations of federal laws and regulations. That number since
September has increased by nearly 50% - and it will not shrink any time soon. Meanwhile, a
military takeover of homeland security looks certain. Can freedom and prosperity survive
if the police state continues to expand?"
--------------- Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas), "Texas Straight Talk," 2/11/02

Quite simply wave the flag, shake your fist, voice & show your patriotism and be skeptical. But watch your back.

Link Posted: 9/15/2002 8:51:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Can't disagree w/ ya there.  History will be the judge of these times.......

I am one of the ones who do NOT want to give up liberties for security.
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 10:06:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
"I fear we have awaken a sleeping giant." Adm. Yamato right after the bombing of Pearl Harbar.
View Quote

Only as a character in the movies!  Yamamoto never wrote or said that, other than in Tora! Tora! Tora!, and Pearl Harbor movies!
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 10:25:24 PM EDT
[#26]
"I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Ms. Lewinski." Bill Clinton
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 10:31:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 4:06:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Of course, but boy did it fit......
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 4:55:05 AM EDT
[#29]
"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like victory."
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 4:57:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Truth hurts. Maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with a seat missing, but it hurts.

Drebin, Naked Gun 2 1/2
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 4:58:00 AM EDT
[#31]
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish, and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepards the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the LORD, when I lay my vengeance upon thee!"

Pulp Fiction
(Partly from Hesekiel 25:17)
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 4:58:50 AM EDT
[#32]
I know what you're thinking... Did I fire six shots or only five? To tell you the truth, I forgot it myself in all this excitement.

This here's a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and it can blow your head clean off. Now, you must ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky?

Well, do you, punk?

Dirty Harry
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 5:05:54 AM EDT
[#33]
So many assholes, so few bullets.

Ford Fairlane - Rock'n'Roll Detective
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 5:06:42 AM EDT
[#34]
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

The man with no name (Clint Eastwood),
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 5:08:17 AM EDT
[#35]
The Greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exist.

The Usual Suspects
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 5:14:38 AM EDT
[#36]
"Are you gonna do something, or are you just gonna stand there and bleed?"

Tombstone
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 5:16:55 AM EDT
[#37]
I am ready man, check it out, I am the ULTIMATE bad ass. State-of-the-bad-ass-art. You do not want to fuck with me. Check it out! Hey Ripley, don't worry. Me and my squad of ultimate bad-asses will protect you. Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx...FWAP! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic, electronic, BALL breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharpsticks...

Hudson, Aliens
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 5:17:26 AM EDT
[#38]
"They call him the Sand Spider." -
"Why?"
"Probably because it sounds scary."

True Lies
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 5:18:14 AM EDT
[#39]
"Armed? Armed with what? Hmm let's see. Bad breath, colorful language, feather duster. What do you think they're armed with? GUNS YOU TIT! GUNS!!"

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrells
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 5:37:32 AM EDT
[#40]
"All truth passes through three stages.
[b]First, it is ridiculed,[/b]
second it is violently opposed,
and third, it is accepted as self-evident."
--(Arthur Schopenhauer)
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 5:42:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Their laughter dies out all over the world. They know. They laugh at the law. The rich ones who buy it and twist it to their whims. The other ones, who have nothing to lose, who don't care about themselves, or other people. All those who think they're above the law, or outside it, or beyond it. They know all the law is good for is to keep good people in line. And they all laugh. They laugh at the law. But they don't laugh at me.

The Punisher
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 5:44:06 AM EDT
[#42]
[red]"My good friends, for the second time in our history, a British Prime Minister has returned from Germany bringing peace with honour. I believe it is peace for our time...
Go home and get a nice quiet sleep."[/red]

Neville Chamberlain 09/30/38
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 5:50:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Aye. Fight and you may die. Run, and you'll live. At least awhile... And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance -- just one chance -- to come back here and tell our enemies that they make take our lives, but they'll never take our freedom!!

William Wallace, "Braveheart"
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 5:54:12 AM EDT
[#44]
There is no racial bigotry here. I do not look down on ragheads, rednecks, niggers, kikes, wops or greasers. Here, you are all equally worthless.

Sgt. Hartman, Full Metal Jacket
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 5:58:47 AM EDT
[#45]
I see a red sash I kill the man wearing it. So run you cur! Go tell all the other curs the law is coming! You tell 'em I'm coming, and hell's coming with me, you hear? Hell's coming with me!!

Wyatt Earp, Tombstone
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 6:01:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Your great-uncle Horace had a saying: "Shoot 'em all and let God sort 'em out." Of course, one day he put his theory into use, and it took thirty U.S. Marshalls to bring him down.

Marge, The Simpsons
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 6:02:28 AM EDT
[#47]

"I pray our Heavenly Father will assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you with only the cherished memories of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom."

Letter from Abraham Lincoln, "Saving Private Ryan"
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 6:04:29 AM EDT
[#48]
Charles Bronson: Do you believe in Jesus?
Punk: (nervously) Yeah, yeah
Charles Bronson: Well, you're going to meet him
(Shots fire from Bronson's gun)

Death Wish 2
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 6:05:34 AM EDT
[#49]
Mr. Madison, what you have just said, is the most insanely idiotic thing I have ever heard. At no point, in your rambling incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

Billy Madison
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 6:07:30 AM EDT
[#50]
You have to be prepared for the possibility that God does not like you.

Fight Club
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top