Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2002 10:51:01 PM EDT
I've been getting some windshield time the last couple of weeks and sometimes tune in to the wack job station in berkley to see whats up with these people. To give you an idea,  in the last week I have seen vehicles with bumper stickers advertising this station also wearing bumper stickers that say:

1- Question Technology (on a ford, anyone ever hear of ford aerospace?)

2- Support your local revolution (try it and I'll support it all right)

So this morning I'm listening and the topic is genetically engineered crops (which they call "pharming"). The host is interviewing a representative of "friends of the earth" and tells us how  the research is dangerous and conducted at secret locations. They dwell on this for a moment, one of the "excuses" for this that they mention is a fear of vandalism.
He can't understand that. He doesn't know anybody that would do that.  "Friends" of the earth wouldn't do that.

A few minutes later they talk about a research experiment in which strawberries had been altered to be frost resistant and how terrible it would be if this cross pollinated with some kind of plant that was controlled by frost and it went wild. ( Kind of like in the areas of this country where there is no frost-huh dingbats?)

So guess what he leaves out? No mention of the eco-terrorism committed against that crop. Someone went through the field one night and yanked out the plants. If I recall, this was a few years back, they were able to salvage it.

But Mr. innocent "Friend" wouldn't know anything about the foremost terrorism problem in this country, ECO-TERROR, would he? No. As long as they brag about not killing anyone, the arsons and millions in damage they cause are just fine. The FBI can't mine databases and come up with suspects because the websites that teach terror tactics and list targets don't have members that log in, and the exploits are posted anonymously.

If you listen two days in a row , you start to notice themes.

One theme is those bad christians (fundies). Several times a day, they will quote Ghandi "an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind". They even named an upcoming event for that.

So what if they don't talk about its historical or its, God forbid, (excuse me, forbid God) biblical origins, to put an end to Hatfield and McCoy style justice. Or that legal tactics employed by the progressive left  effectively plunder landowners and  blackmail corporations who have not touched a hair on their heads. This is how many left organizations get their funding btw, because they are able to get the laws written so they can sue on "behalf"  of something and then make someone pay their "expenses".
Their style of justice is "you eye my tree, I sue you forest"

I won't start on "free speech radio" which seems to be it's only claim to legitimacy.

Maybe tommorow.

Link Posted: 9/10/2002 11:02:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 11:10:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Funny you should mention that.  I had been  keeping my eye out for that one as it had been popular a few years back. I finally saw one a few weeks ago that was faded and looked like someone had tried to remove it with their fingernails.

I can't believe even a liberal would be stupid or shameless enough to have it  on their car after 9/11.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 11:36:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I try and listen to the local nutbag station twice a week.  It keeps me balanced and happy.  Their blather makes me feel so....normal.  Plus it keeps me informed on how they think.  Occasionally they have interesting stuff that's off the beaten path that I like to hear.  But not very often.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 11:46:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't get to enjoy that(or really much of any)
kind of liberal BS in Southeast Texas.

TS [X]
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 9:25:17 AM EDT
[#5]
                         [>Q]

I doan't have a local nutbag station.  I guess I'm paying the price for living in the boonies where we don't have such "free-minded" people.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 10:26:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Heh. I live in Arcata (or as I've begun to call it, "Berkeley Lite").  The whole town IS a nutbag station!  Commie peaceniks still think we should send aid and "love" to the Afghanis and others, and "maybe" they won't fly any more planes into buildings.  I had to listen to this drivel in class this morning. I pointed out that we tried to appease Hitler in the 30's, and look how far it got us.  Nobody had a good response to that one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top