Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2002 4:16:03 PM EDT
[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,62192,00.html[/url]

For the first time [b]ever[/b] in the history of this nation, a nominee to the US Circuit Court of Appeals which was recommended as "highly qualified" by the ABA has been rejected by the Senate Judiciary Committee.  The reason?  

Democratic Sen. Patrick Leahy, chairman of the committee, and Sen. Diane Feinstein, D-Calif., who led Owen's nomination hearing in July, opened the Democratic charge against the judge Thursday by calling her a conservative extremist who worked to place barriers to a woman's right to choose an abortion on numerous cases in Texas
View Quote

The vote was straight down party lines.  Thank you Sen. Jeffords.

Link Posted: 9/5/2002 4:19:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,62192,00.html[/url]

For the first time [b]ever[/b] in the history of this nation, a nominee to the US Circuit Court of Appeals which was recommended as "highly qualified" by the ABA has been rejected by the Senate Judiciary Committee.  The reason?  

Democratic Sen. Patrick Leahy, chairman of the committee, and Sen. Diane Feinstein, D-Calif., who led Owen's nomination hearing in July, opened the Democratic charge against the judge Thursday by calling her a conservative extremist who worked to place barriers to a woman's right to choose an abortion on numerous cases in Texas
View Quote

The vote was straight down party lines.  Thank you Sen. Jeffords.

View Quote

Although I'd like to vote against anything Feinstein stands for, she's right on abortion.  The last thing we need is the government thinking they can take away our right to manage our bodies as we see fit.  If we can't regulate ourselves, what right do we have to guns?
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 4:24:29 PM EDT
[#2]
The Democrats can't sick any lower.

Balzac:  That's up to interpretation.  You argue it's the mother's "body."  I'd argue (despite being pro-choice as a fundamental) that the baby's body is the issue.  If one is so irresposible that she can't keep her legs together or use contraceptives, what right does she have to own a gun?
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 4:26:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 4:38:31 PM EDT
[#4]
redmanfms, you hit the nail square on the head.
thanks.... i don't have anything to add.
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 4:40:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, who would want the government to prohibit murder of unborn infants.
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 4:42:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 5:15:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Damn.

Republicans had better NEVER FORGET!!

Paybacks had better be a REAL fucking bitch for the Democ[b]rat[/b]s!

To dump an extremely well-qualified nominee on purely single-issue ideology is beyond despicable [pissed]

[b]NEVER FORGET![/B]

Oh and AFA abortion... that's another thread.
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 6:16:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Sorry Chuck, but I must disagree.

The dem0rats have yet to begin to defile themselves.  There is no outrage or depravity that they will not embrace.

On the other hand, the repub's sit by and let it happen.
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 6:45:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sorry Chuck, but I must disagree.

The dem0rats have yet to begin to defile themselves.  There is no outrage or depravity that they will not embrace.

On the other hand, the repub's sit by and let it happen.
View Quote

I'm thoroughly convinced that many of the Dem's would make a deal with Satan himself if it would advance their agenda.  Uh, on second thought, aren't they on the same side?  (Sorry, couldn't help it.)  

I'm not very thrilled with the Repubs either.  Very few of them seem to have any stones when it counts, and some of the ones that do are retiring.
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 7:02:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Man, I didn't think they could sink any lower.
I mean they are traitors, liars, thieves, molesters,
drug traffickers, fags, the list is endless.
View Quote

Legs... all that is meaningless.  They are Uncle Sugar to their constituency.  The big sweet tit in Washington.  Doesn't make a hill of beans about their character or morals as long as the free milk keeps flowing.
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 7:08:44 PM EDT
[#11]
someone needs to get in there who will tell them the way its going to be like it or not. Not to mention what a bunch o chicken suckin, dick heads they are.
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 7:15:46 PM EDT
[#12]
So, it's probably unlikely Senate Republicans will offer to share power with the Democrats again. They were stupid for doing it to begin with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top