Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2013 5:53:20 AM EDT
People that can block legislation in Washington:

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid -- Already shows reluctance to bring to a vote. Contact Senator Reid
Speaker of the House Boehner -- Recently stated not inclined to tackle the gun issue. Contact the Speaker | Speaker.gov
Senate Minority Whip Mitch McConnell -- Excellent track record on the 2a Contact - U.S. Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell
**House judiciary committee chair Bob Goodlatte** -- Can keep bills lost in committee forever Bob Goodlatte - Virginia 6th District
Representative Tom Coburn -- "Dr. No" that will filibuster just about anything Contact Form - Tom Coburn, M.D., United States Senator from Oklahoma

This is pertinent information for those of us in states whose reps are already lost.  These people play a bigger part in the battle than any individual rep, and certainly do a hell of a lot better than asking Schumer or Gillbrand to represent  you.

Pummel the hell out of these folks, they're our better hope.  Something can't pass if it never comes out of committee or never comes to a vote.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 5:19:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Just sayin'.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 5:31:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I've already been writing Coburn because he's from my home state, didn't know he was so well known for using the secret Senatorial hold to prevent bills from reaching the floor. I'll email him right now asking him to use that privilege on Feinstein's AWB.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 5:33:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Good info, thanks for sharing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top