Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2013 6:54:19 PM EDT
Looking for the best all around game/security type pole mounted camera.  I'd like infrared and card back up.

I have power so a battery back up system would be nice.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:00:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I Like the Wildgame brand cameras. Easy set up and not to expensive. .
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:02:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Also, I guess it depends on where you mount it and its intended use.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:09:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Cheap $99.00 Bushnells from Walmart. Sd card, runs on 4 AAA batteries that last about 2 weeks. I get 150- 300 pics a night.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:12:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Also, I guess it depends on where you mount it and its intended use.

Back end of my property needs eyes.  I now have a new road coming in from the back and I want the piece of mind knowing that if someone breaks in to the shop, I'll at least have clues.

We also have a Panther prowling around I'd like to see.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:31:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 12:37:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Had same question today - so what did we decide ?

I'm looking to hang something on a light pole I have on the back end of my property, my first thought was a game camera but maybe there is something better?
Something I can pull the card if something happens and look back.  I'm looking to spend a couple hundred but if there is something really cool and better, I'll up my budget.

Thanks all!

Off Topic: BTW, LaRue, I just bought an SR 15 and the guys in Lawmen's here in Vero Beach Florida told me to talk to you about an adapter for my handle style ACOG.  I may just leave that on the AR it's on and get a whole new set up.  I'll send you an IM as soon as I figure out what I want.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top