Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2013 4:45:15 PM EDT
At the Guns Across America rally at the State House on Saturday, a petition was introduced, passed around and signed. That petition reads:

Whereas the very purpose of the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights is to remove from controversy certain unalienable rights possessed by the citizens of the United States, I hereby make it known that I oppose S-32, or any similar Federal, State or Local ban on "Assault Weapons" or "High-Capacity Magazines"  now and in the future.

At the rally, the petition netted 242 signatures. Copies of the same petition circulated around the gun show held in South Burlington on the same day. At present, I'm told we have accumulated something in excess of 700 combined signatures. We need MOAR! So, we have created an electronic version of the petition to supplement the paper one.

On February 7 at 6:30 p.m. the Senate Judiciary Committee will hold a hearing on S.32 (an anti-gun bill) in the Vermont House chamber. We will be presenting the petition at that time along with all collated signatures. I invite you to both sign the electronic version of the petition (link below) AND show up for this very important event. We mean to FILL the chamber with people opposing this legislation! Your support is greatly appreciated.

In order to preserve the validity of this petition, if you have already signed it in either paper or electronic form, please do not sign it again, and please do not sign it on behalf of other people. You also need to be a Vermont resident in order to sign. Thanks.

Click Here To Sign The Petition
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 4:45:56 PM EDT
[#1]
aight
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:28:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:35:00 PM EDT
[#3]
can someone who pays VT income tax sign?
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:58:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
can someone who pays VT income tax sign?

I would think so. Do you have a VT address/zip code you can use?
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:00:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Vermont used to be known for its machine tool industry.

Now its known only for its lesbians and maple syrup.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:05:02 PM EDT
[#6]
How about a vermont property owner, that's a Mass resident?
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:09:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thank you for your completely irrelevant post, true though it may be. You may go back to your basement now.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:10:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
How about a vermont property owner, that's a Mass resident?

Sure! Just sign it using your Vermont address.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:11:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

A BIG F TO VT. You've earned it. Enjoy what you have reaped!

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:40:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

A BIG F TO VT. You've earned it. Enjoy what you have reaped!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top