Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2013 11:23:10 AM EDT
Support steady in upstate NY home of Remington

That contrasts with Ilion, where the concern among people is the future of Remington. The company had said last March it could leave New York if the state went ahead with a move to add unique identifying information on spent bullet casings. That proposal is off the table but people here now wonder where things stand in the wake of the new state law, which does not affect Remington's ability to manufacture assault-style weapons here.

"If I'm an executive at Remington, what's my attitude going to be toward the state that bans one of the premier products that I produce?" asked local Assemblyman Marc Butler.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 11:26:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Remington Please Move to Alabama.  We don't have unions to screw with and we are a right to work state. There are not many tyrannical communist politicians here and hell Alabama will probably give you the land for free and defer taxes for 10 years!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 11:28:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Remington, according to Mark Grisanti, will be making 7rd mags.

Apparently, they were in discussion with NY politicians.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 11:28:18 AM EDT
[#3]
They are NUTZ if they stay in NY.

Cerberus is going to unload them as a toxic asset, and some smart investor is gonna buy them up and move them to a friendlier state.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 11:31:45 AM EDT
[#4]
They should move to TN:)
I guess I'll be passing on a Remington for the time being
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 11:32:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Cerberus is going to unload them as a toxic asset, and some smart investor is gonna buy them up and move them to a friendlier state.

That's not at all unlikely after the mop any is sold;  they ought to come here to Florida, a right to work state,  where their products are welcome.

Personally;  I won't buy any firearms or accessories that are manufactured in New York.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 12:44:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Remington Please Move to Alabama.  We don't have unions to screw with and we are a right to work state. There are not many tyrannical communist politicians here and hell Alabama will probably give you the land for free and defer taxes for 10 years!!!!!
SHUT UP!!!  
There is a closed GMC plant in Shreveport, LA that we can move that plant to.
Right to Work.
Governor trying to get rid of income tax.
Close to my parent's farm.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 12:46:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Arfcom group buy!
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 12:51:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 12:53:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Michigan has right-to-work, knows manufacturing well, and is pretty gun friendly.

Come here and you'll have a stable home.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:07:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I wish every gun company would move to gun friendly states. We can talk and organize all day long but nothing speaks like losing a few hundred or more jobs and all the tax revenue that goes with it.

The politicians may not agree but they all speak the universal language of money
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:10:36 PM EDT
[#11]
if they stay

I won't buy anymore new remington products.  There are plenty of model 870 and 700 shotguns and rifles out there that are used that won't make today's Remington a dime.

If you lie in bed with dogs, don't be surprised when you get fleas.  I don't want fucking fleas from NY, so I won't lie in their bed.

NY can get bent if they think that I am going to willingly give them any money, if I can so help it.  That means I won't buy any products that support biz in NY, products coming out of NY, or anything that pays taxes in NY can get fucking bent.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:11:33 PM EDT
[#12]

I hope this happens and the plants move to FL. All those gun jobs should = R  voters.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:13:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:14:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Remington, according to Mark Grisanti, will be making 7rd mags.

Apparently, they were in discussion with NY politicians.

grisanti is a lying piece of shit,  fucking traitor

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:14:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Remington needs to know if they stay, they can forget my business.  There are plenty of states out there that respect our Constitution and BOR, they need to make a statement and show gun owners they respect the Constitution and our rights and leave.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:15:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Remington wants my support and my money they'll need to move. I'm not going to support a hypocritical gun company that pumps tax dollars into a tyrannical state. Nope.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:16:30 PM EDT
[#17]
I want to say I understand that a move like that can take a year or longer, but they should announce immediately that they will move within a year.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:17:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Frankly, we should pressure all defense contractors and especially small arms manufacturers to relocate.

Politicians in other States should be on the phone to Remington offering friendly tax deals and business incentives.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:17:53 PM EDT
[#19]
I won't buy from them again if they stay there.
Just like I won't buy from the CT gun companies that just Roll Over and take it.
Our GOV hates the fact that CT people shop Online to avoid paying Taxes. Just think what if these companies decided to move to a FREE state would do.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:17:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Remington needs to know if they stay, they can forget my business.  There are plenty of states out there that respect our Constitution and BOR, they need to make a statement and show gun owners they respect the Constitution and our rights and leave.

This.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:22:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Remington needs to step up and set the example for all firearms manufacturers. There are lots of other states that protect 2nd Amendment rights and will tax you less than NY.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:22:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
if they stay

I won't buy anymore new remington products.  There are plenty of model 870 and 700 shotguns and rifles out there that are used that won't make today's Remington a dime.

If you lie in bed with dogs, don't be surprised when you get fleas.  I don't want fucking fleas from NY, so I won't lie in their bed.

NY can get bent if they think that I am going to willingly give them any money, if I can so help it.  That means I won't buy any products that support biz in NY, products coming out of NY, or anything that pays taxes in NY can get fucking bent.

+1

Agreed.  

Many other states (including NC)  would give them great tax incentives and welcome them with open arms.

BTW, NC is a right to work state and needs jobs.   An employer doesn't have to pay the union "toilet cleaner"   85,000 per year for a 20 hr wk. here.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top