Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2012 2:27:00 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 2:29:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Why are you getting mad?  We can just print more.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 2:49:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I vaguely remember reading something negative about people voting themselves money...
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 3:16:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Bless thier hearts.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 3:20:11 AM EDT
[#4]
How can he order a pay schedule or anything to do with pay, that is Congress's power?
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 3:22:36 AM EDT
[#5]
The country is broke. This makes no sense.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 3:23:17 AM EDT
[#6]
So, they're gonna be getting paid more money to basically sit around and do nothing?
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 3:24:09 AM EDT
[#7]
God Bless America, where people in the private sector are taking pay cuts just to keep a job and our government representatives keep their pay increase on schedule and more.

I am also making the prediction when it comes time to vote on a pay increase it will not happen and they will all sing the song of how they are making sacrifices.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 3:32:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

When did they do something that made sense?

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 3:32:59 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

How can he order a pay schedule or anything to do with pay, that is Congress's power?

By King's Decree Executive Order

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 3:38:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Getting 6.2% increase on my GI Bill.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 3:40:35 AM EDT
[#11]
They are all doing an amazing job, so they deserve it!
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 3:40:42 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

So, they're gonna be getting paid more money to basically sit around and do nothing circumvent the Constitution?

Yes.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 3:42:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure it makes sense, the dollar isn't being destroyed fast enough for Barry.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 3:43:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

If you follow the tenets of the movie Obama 2016, it makes perfect sense.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 3:51:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

This move is nothing more than having your nose rubbed in a pile of shit (if you've been paying attention).  Research the Cloward & Piven Strategy (what their doing), and Agenda 21 (where their heading).
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 3:53:35 AM EDT
[#16]
WE ARE HEADED OFF A FISCAL CLIFF, 16.4 TRILLION DOLLARS IN DEBT, AND THIS JACKASS IS HANDING OUT RAISES??? JOE BIDEN GETS AN EXTRA 6 GRAND????WTF??

What the hell for? It sure the hell ain't a performance raise. If you were the CEO of a business that was losing 1.6 TRILLION dollars every year, would you be handing out raises? This is beyond bizarre, it is no less than thievery.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:00:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Came here to post this
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:06:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So, they're gonna be getting paid more money to basically sit around and do nothing?

Yep.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:10:33 AM EDT
[#19]

As discussed in the other thread about this topic, it isn't a pay raise, it is the removal of a 2010 order to freeze pay.

I'm not saying I agree that either one is something that a President should be able to do with an EO, but I am not so sure this is all what you think it is.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:18:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Buying allegiance.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:21:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Came here to post this

With regard to the executive branch, my understanding is if the rate was frozen at 2010 rates by executive order, this would have meant that congress voted the president the ability to pay a higher rate.  Nobody in either the juducial or executive branches can do anything regarding money without the appropriation from congress first.

I'm now a gov civilian. I understood why the rate was frozen in 2010.  If the freeze continued, I wouldn't complain about it, but I'm not going to feel guilty about cashing my check with the cola either.  Believe it or not, anti gov fist shaking doesn't change the fact that some of us actually earn our pay.  If it makes you feel better, a lot of agencies are doing mandatory unpaid furlough days and layoffs.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:25:00 AM EDT
[#22]
They feel our pain.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:32:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Well I'm glad my tax increases are being put to good use....
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:34:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure it makes sense, the dollar isn't being destroyed fast enough for Barry.  

Thanks for clearing that up.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:36:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Gotta pay for that $8.00 gallon of milk somehow.

The sammich maker just got back from a month and a half FEMA deployment. Worked 7 days a week/14 hours a day.

I think it's like any other workplace, the "hands and feet" do the work. It's the layers of admistrative "supervisors" that are the problem.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:38:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Came here to post this

With regard to the executive branch, my understanding is if the rate was frozen at 2010 rates by executive order, this would have meant that congress voted the president the ability to pay a higher rate.  Nobody in either the juducial or executive branches can do anything regarding money without the appropriation from congress first.

I'm now a gov civilian. I understood why the rate was frozen in 2010.  If the freeze continued, I wouldn't complain about it, but I'm not going to feel guilty about cashing my check with the cola either.  Believe it or not, anti gov fist shaking doesn't change the fact that some of us actually earn our pay.  If it makes you feel better, a lot of agencies are doing mandatory unpaid furlough days and layoffs.

I'm not bitching about the raise, just how it and the freeze was done.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:44:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Looks like we need to have some people removed from office. It isn't gonna get better until people start showing them if they aren't gonna work in the highest favor for the public, they can GTFO.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure they'd twist it around and call it treason to the country.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:45:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Came here to post this

It doesn't , the private sector has been making these sacrifices since 2007-2008 or have lost there jobs completely. Now Obama pulls this shit at the same time he wants to raise small business taxes.  What a fucking cock!
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:52:24 AM EDT
[#29]

You can't make this stuff up.  Where is the money coming from?!  What a mess...
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:15:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Forgive them lord for they know not what they do.....

screw a  budget and  Fisical cliff ,  raise for everyone...
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:37:11 AM EDT
[#31]
There needs to be some raises for at least some specific Federal workers.  The Navy, for example, has been BLEEDING R&D engineers due to pay freezes.  They have been leaving for private contractors.  The Navy's solution?  Tripwire. It's a rule that limits contract rates to no more than what an "equivelent" .mil engineer would cost.  This effectively limits what the company can pay engineers working on the .mil contracts.  The results?  Fewer decent companies bidding on .mil contracts.  My company has rearranged some overhead expenses to keep most of our guys under the limit, but we're looking at abandoning some of the contracts (not bidding on additional delivery orcders), becuase we won't be to retain our best engineers.  

This problem will just get worse.  

Of course, one solution would be for the Navy to specifiy stupid rules like Tripwire, but that would be too easy...

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:50:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Came here to post this

It doesn't , the private sector has been making these sacrifices since 2007-2008 or have lost there jobs completely. Now Obama pulls this shit at the same time he wants to raise small business taxes.  What a fucking cock!

Not entirely true....  in my sector, we are having a hard time filling jobs.  Last year, my companies revenues increased over 30%.  

If you're in the right business, there's losts of work.  And frankly, we're having trouble finding the right people to do it.  And when we do find them, they want to get PAID.  We are actively moving away from .mil contracts due to rate limits.  We still do some, but fewer.  the .mil is going to have to use companies hiring the "C" students or the "engineers" no one else wants.  Good luck with that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top